Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

I'm not sure what you mean.
You can inject the values from your attached SSDT using OpenCore DeviceProperties. So this can be done for any PCIe-Device itself. Please compare the values from my Screenshot with the values in your SSDT for the RX580. I'm injecting these values via DeviceProperties, not using a SSDT. You have to find out the right PCIe-Path with Hackintool and then take my example as Template. For 2 RX580 you have to create an entry for each RX580 PCIe device with the same values.

It worked for me from Mojave until Monterey and yes, I think the power consumption is okay.
Bildschirmfoto 2021-07-12 um 13.25.55.png

Attachments

• rx580.plist
    1.3 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
You can inject the values from your attached SSDT using OpenCore DeviceProperties. So this can be done for any PCIe-Device itself. Please compare the values from my Screenshot with the values in your SSDT for the RX580. I'm injecting these values via DeviceProperties, not using a SSDT. You have to find out the right PCIe-Path with Hackintool and then take my example as Template. For 2 RX580 you have to create an entry for each RX580 PCIe device with the same values.

It worked for me from Mojave until Monterey and yes, I think the power consumption is okay.
View attachment 524418
Good information. This is a more user-friendly approach than editing SSDT.

Howdy. I'm trying to figure out the best way to adapt an ACPI patch for a second RX580 as a compute GPU (PCIEX8 slot running at x8). The patch for the "display" GPU (PCIEX16 slot, running at x8) works in Mojave, but seemingly not in Big Sur. See attachments.
Have you already tried changing PEG0 to PEG1? (For RX580 in Slot 2.)

Screen Shot 2021-07-12 at 5.08.39 AM.png

View attachment 524393
Hi,
you know how I fix that ?
I can't use cloverconfigplistvalidator....
thx
Just looking at « ProvideConsoleGOPEnable », I think that’s not even available in newest Clover. Looks to me to be a mixup of different Clover versions and Config.plist. What do you think?

Thanks @CaseySJ, this is exactly what I was looking for. I'm editing it now. Do I need to change the Slot naming? "Slot-1@0,1,0/0,1" to "Slot-2@0,2,0/0,2"
We cannot assume that the PCI path for Slot 2 can be obtained by adding "1" to each part of the Slot 1 path! But we can do this instead:
  • Make a backup of your Slot 2 RX-580 SSDT (save it to Desktop or Documents).
  • In the original version of this SSDT, remove the slot-name field and save the file back in compiled (.aml) format (see screenshot below).
  • Copy it to OC/ACPI folder.
  • Physically install RX580 GPU in Slot 2 if not already installed, and (re)boot macOS.
Screen Shot 2021-07-12 at 1.52.26 PM.png

• When macOS starts, get the correct PCI path of RX 580 in Slot 2 like this:
    • Run OpenCore Configurator, but do not open config.plist
    • Just use the empty or blank default window
    • Go to Device Properties and hit the pop-up menu
    • You should find two VGA entries in the list
    • Select them both one by one
    • One of the them will have the slot-name you're already using (for slot 1) so delete it
    • The other one's slot-name will correspond to Slot 2
    • Go back to to the backup copy of SSDT that was copied to Desktop or Documents folder
    • Replace the slot-name string with the correct one you just discovered
Step 1:
Screen Shot 2021-07-12 at 1.55.04 PM.png

Step 2: (select both VGA controllers, one by one)
Screen Shot 2021-07-12 at 1.55.45 PM.png

Step 3: Get the slot-name from the correct GPU
Screen Shot 2021-07-12 at 1.56.05 PM.png

We cannot assume that the PCI path for Slot 2 can be obtained by adding "1" to each part of the Slot 1 path! But we can do this instead:
  • Make a backup of your Slot 2 RX-580 SSDT (save it to Desktop or Documents).
  • In the original version of this SSDT, remove the slot-name field and save the file back in compiled (.aml) format (see screenshot below).
  • Copy it to OC/ACPI folder.
  • Physically install RX580 GPU in Slot 2 if not already installed, and (re)boot macOS.
View attachment 524447
  • When macOS starts, get the correct PCI path of RX 580 in Slot 2 like this:
    • Run OpenCore Configurator, but do not open config.plist
    • Just use the empty or blank default window
    • Go to Device Properties and hit the pop-up menu
    • You should find two VGA entries in the list
    • Select them both one by one
    • One of the them will have the slot-name you're already using (for slot 1) so delete it
    • The other one's slot-name will correspond to Slot 2
    • Go back to to the backup copy of SSDT that was copied to Desktop or Documents folder
    • Replace the slot-name string with the correct one you just discovered
Step 1:
View attachment 524449

Step 2: (select both VGA controllers, one by one)
View attachment 524450

Step 3: Get the slot-name from the correct GPU
View attachment 524451
Thank you, @CaseySJ ! I learned something new. This is a really cool patch for these cards. I'm not a gamer, so this is perfect for me.

Attachments

• 2x Sapphire Pulse RX-580 8GB.png
    2x Sapphire Pulse RX-580 8GB.png
    429.8 KB · Views: 109
  • SSDT-RX580_Slot1.aml
    719 bytes · Views: 96
  • SSDT-RX580_Slot2.aml
    727 bytes · Views: 63
Thank you, @CaseySJ ! I learned something new. This is a really cool patch for these cards. I'm not a gamer, so this is perfect for me.
Looks good! I'll bookmark this in the Quick Reference spoiler in Section 7: Guides Contributed by Members | Miscellaneous.

Update: Done

Screen Shot 2021-07-12 at 4.10.15 PM.png

Last edited:
Back