Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Time for fun stuff this weekend :thumbup: Thanks for the efi update @CaseySJ

Z390info11.png

@CaseySJ @Elias64Fr

I FIXED MY USB ISSUES!!!!

I now have full TB3 with Antelope and all working USB2/3 and Networking!!!!!!

I had to set ReleaseUSBOwnership in OCConfig to true!

The Antelope Remote Control Panel still disconnects from my main rig after 2 minutes. I am going to order more ram tonight to see if I can run more than 2x 8gb sticks.
How did you make your Antelope device works with TB. I have almost same config with yours. Mine is clover build, do I need to convert it to Open Core. If yes how? Sorry for my questions , I’m very new on this things.

How did you make your Antelope device works with TB. I have almost same config with yours. Mine is clover build, do I need to convert it to Open Core. If yes how? Sorry for my questions , I’m very new on this things.
Try this in Clover (it will enable AppleVTD):

- VT-d enabled in BIOS
- dart=0 removed from boot args
- remove "drop DMAR" from Config.plist

If you loose USB, there is an equivalent to ReleaseUSBOwnership somewhere in Clover Config (don’t remember where, sorry!).

If you’re on Mojave or Catalina, no further intervention but if you are on Big Sur, you have to integrate a SSDT for DMAR.

Look at the post from @yosoyoco

IMG_4263.jpeg

Hi,
you know how I fix that ?
I can't use cloverconfigplistvalidator....
thx

Hi,
you know how I fix that ?
I can't use cloverconfigplistvalidator....
thx
@SCaRL3T

As @Feartech replied, you should be using OpenCore, not Clover. The errors show your EFI folder is not properly constructed. In your signature you show you are using Clover r5136. Go back to the first post in this thread and re-read it. Don't use Clover r5136!

Post #1.jpg
Look at the first post's Quick Reference spoiler and closely follow the Mini-Guide for OpenCore 0.7.1. @CaseySJ has supplied EFI folders using OpenCore that work well for this motherboard.

Quick Reference.jpg

All the guidance needed to get this motherboard working is there.

Howdy. I'm trying to figure out the best way to adapt an ACPI patch for a second RX580 as a compute GPU (PCIEX8 slot running at x8). The patch for the "display" GPU (PCIEX16 slot, running at x8) works in Mojave, but seemingly not in Big Sur. See attachments.

Attachments

• Display RX580.png
    Display RX580.png
    72.1 KB · Views: 60
  • PEG0@1.png
    [email protected]
    220.1 KB · Views: 60
  • 2nd RX580.png
    2nd RX580.png
    49.1 KB · Views: 63
  • PEG1@1.png
    [email protected]