Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Ah, got it. I want to enable it on the Z370 like I have going on the Z390. The low power mode is neato because it averages half the watts (19W) for ordinary tasks, but ramps up as needed. I just can't tell if it doesn't work with the Z370 or if I have to modify the patch.

The only differences in the two builds are the motherboards, and the CPUs (i9 9900KS and i7 8700K) everything else down to the power supply and cases are identical. These builds have the same Sapphire Pulse RX580 8GB card in slot 1. Attached is the same patch posted a long time ago on this thread.
This SSDT attaches to PCI0.PEG0.GFX0 by first removing PCI0.PEG0.PEGP. This makes it complaint with Z390 Designare as well, for use in Slot 1.

Last edited:
Welp... I made a new EFI for the Z370 (iMP1,1)that's very much like my semi-identical Z390 build (iMac19,1), but I can't get the RX580 into a low power state. This Z370 is going to be my VSL Orchestral Node and it will be controlled via Screen Sharing over Ethernet, and connected to the Z390 (the Pro tools rig). I have an HDMI dummy plug for the Z370.

Attachments

• ACPI.zip
    8.9 KB · Views: 45
  • Kexts.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 46
  • config.plist
    26.6 KB · Views: 40
  • io reg shot.png
    io reg shot.png
    186.9 KB · Views: 48
Welp... I made a new EFI for the Z370 (iMP1,1)that's very much like my semi-identical Z390 build (iMac19,1), but I can't get the RX580 into a low power state. This Z370 is going to be my VSL Orchestral Node and it will be controlled via Screen Sharing over Ethernet, and connected to the Z390 (the Pro tools rig). I have an HDMI dummy plug for the Z370.
If you suspect that the RX580 SSDT is not being injected properly in the Z370 system, please post the System DSDT from MaciASL. It will tell us whether the PCI path for slot 1 is the same as that on Z390 Designare.

If you suspect that the RX580 SSDT is not being injected properly in the Z370 system, please post the System DSDT from MaciASL. It will tell us whether the PCI path for slot 1 is the same as that on Z390 Designare.
That was a little embarrassing: I've never done that before. I generated one from the Z370 after looking up the TDP for the 8700K. I hope I did it right. The first one is a .dsl file, the second the .aml output from MaciASL, the third one I made on the Z390 for comparison.

Last edited:
That was a little embarrassing: I've never done that before. I generated one from the Z370 after looking up the TDP for the 8700K. I hope I did it right. The first one is a .dsl file, the second the .aml output from MaciASL, the third one I made on the Z390 for comparison.
Just download latest build of MaciASL from GitHub and launch it on the Z370 system. It will automatically open the System DSDT. Simply save that file (.dsl format) and post.
Screen Shot 2021-07-10 at 10.22.18 PM.png

Last edited:

Attachments

• Z370 System SSDT.aml
    932 bytes · Views: 39
Last edited:
Thanks. That's how the files were generated. Before, I'd only used MaciASL to edit Thunderbolt patches:
That's not the DSDT. That's the SATA SSDT.

@jiffyslot,

Arg, I should have said to save it as a .dsl file instead of .aml. Most DSDT files generate compiler errors when we try to compile them in isolation. Will fix my earlier post...

Last edited:
@jiffyslot,

Arg, I should have said to save it as a .dsl file instead of .aml. Most DSDT files generate compiler errors when we try to compile them in isolated. Will fix my earlier post...
Let me repost what I made the first time (the .dsl file):

Attachments

• System DSDT.dsl
    1.4 MB · Views: 53
Back