Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

• Could the driver be affected by SIP (System Integrity Protection)? Do you normally have SIP enabled or disabled?
  • Another suggestion is to reinstall the driver.
Have done this 2 times. Uninstalled and rebuilt kextcache just in case. Restarted, installed (with SIP enabled). No change. Did the same thing but with SIP disabled. No changes. I also noticed that most of my internal drives (except NVMe's formatted APFS and the Windows partition) did not mount.

I ended up shutting the machine down, instead of restarting. After booting back up everything is back to normal.

The unpredictable behavior is definitely worrisome.

@CaseySJ yes sir I notice that bluetooth is missing under usb in system report

Hello you hackintoshineers, 2 days ago, I updated my Lilo, Whatervergreen and AppleALC which has caused my machine to hang about 30 seconds into the apple boot (the timeline under the apple freezes about centimetre along - you know the drill).
I replaced them in/Library/Extensions using KextBeast to install the kexts and Kext Utility to repair permissions and rebuild kernel caches. Exactly as above.

I know this is a very nooby question, but how in this case do I revert (yes - without a backup). It is non-urgent, as I am having to work mainly with my Windows OS for other reasons - so the hackintosh became a fiddle luxury. I want to understand though. I turned off -v and as I say it is all the way into the load up of the Mac OS.

I'm such a twit, I followed the instructions here and it was simple and falwless. I did not need to "fiddle wid it". (story of my life :wave:)
Thank you very much.

Will.

Hello you hackintoshineers, 2 days ago, I updated my Lilo, Whatervergreen and AppleALC which has caused my machine to hang about 30 seconds into the apple boot (the timeline under the apple freezes about centimetre along - you know the drill).
I replaced them in/Library/Extensions using KextBeast to install the kexts and Kext Utility to repair permissions and rebuild kernel caches. Exactly as above.

I know this is a very nooby question, but how in this case do I revert (yes - without a backup). It is non-urgent, as I am having to work mainly with my Windows OS for other reasons - so the hackintosh became a fiddle luxury. I want to understand though. I turned off -v and as I say it is all the way into the load up of the Mac OS.

I'm such a twit, I followed the instructions here and it was simple and falwless. I did not need to "fiddle wid it". (story of my life :wave:)
Thank you very much.

Will.
maybe keep your kexts in your efi partition instead?

@CaseySJ yes sir I notice that bluetooth is missing under usb in system report
What is the make/model of your WiFi / Bluetooth module? Is it a USB Bluetooth dongle or a PCIe card with both WiFi and Bluetooth?

Thank you very much.

Will.
Hello @Togril,

Are you running Mojave?

For Catalina, Big Sur, and Monterey we only use and recommend OpenCore in which all kexts are installed only in the OpenCore EFI folder.

@CaseySJ and the rest of you guys on this board... you're just the best! Going to OC 0.7.1 and Monterey was just cake

Screen Shot 2021-07-07 at 9.27.08 AM.png

maybe keep your kexts in your efi partition instead?
I see, what would be the directory structure for that? Or doesn’t it matter? I thought they had to go in the directories mentioned in the “success how to”.
Does this mean I should re-install my hackingtosh again, or is there any way access the /library/extensions with kextbeast an revert to yhe originals ?

thank you for your reply.
W

Hello @Togril,

Are you running Mojave?

For Catalina, Big Sur, and Monterey we only use and recommend OpenCore in which all kexts are installed only in the OpenCore EFI folder.
Oh sorry, didn't see this- yes Mojave. Should I go for a clean install with 11or 12?
I am running my UAD system on it (Thunderbolt) I liked the Mojave fue to it just all worked when I followed your amazingly great instructions. I guess Mojave is old really now. If ot is same easy, quite happy to upgrade.

Random observation for those with VT-D enabled and who use VMware:

VMWare either needs to be fully reinstalled or need to double check that security preferences did not get reset for the drivers. Tested on both Big Sur 11.4 and Mojave Had a heck of a time trying to get peripherals to reappear even though system prefs said the driver was unblocked. Unlike @luckyal who's Slate driver seems to not want to stick on reboots, this does once reinstalled.

@luckyal , have you tried posting the problem on the Slate Digital FB group? Slate himself responds on that page if their support team hasnt gotten back to you.

Back