Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Hi @Elias64Fr ,
Yes, same memory
in this ssdt I just removed the reserved memory regions
I'm now on holiday and I can't test this. Anybody else tried this on z390? Can someone explain what "reserved memory regions" is for? What consequences can be if its taken out of DMAR?

Can be a solution to allocate less memory to "reserved memory regions"?

Last edited:
And it works on Z490 Vision D as well, with modified SSDT-DMAR. Please visit Z490 Vision D thread for details and downloads.

Screen Shot 2021-07-06 at 4.33.33 AM.png

** Enabling AppleVTD on Z390 Designare with No Impact to WiFi/Ethernet **
Credit: @yosoyoco

Finally we are able to enable AppleVTD without incurring the side effects of broken WiFi and Ethernet. Thanks to @yosoyoco for solving the final piece of the puzzle!

Steps:
  • BIOS --> Enable VT-d
  • OpenCore --> Uncheck DisableIoMapper from Kernel Quirks
  • OpenCore --> Check/enable DisableIoMapperMapping in Kernel Quirks (Ventura and newer)
  • OpenCore --> Remove dart=0 from boot-args if it exists
  • OpenCore --> Add SSDT-DMAR.aml (attached) to ACPI --> Add section as shown
  • OpenCore --> Delete DMAR from ACPI --> Delete section as shown
  • Reboot
Once this has been more fully tested I'll incorporate it into next month's OpenCore 0.7.2 release.

Warning:
  • The attached SSDT is only for Gigabyte Z390 Designare only.
Screen Shot 2021-07-06 at 4.53.13 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-09-15 at 9.56.52 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-07-06 at 4.12.43 AM.png

Attachments

• SSDT-DMAR.aml
    104 bytes · Views: 448
Last edited:
Quick question: is « remove DMAR » the same in OC as « drop DMAR » in Clover? For future reference, in case I wanna keep Clover and upgrade to Catalina or Big Sur (even possible with Clover??).

Thanks,

Patrice

The attached SSDT is only for Gigabyte Z390 Designare only.
I don't think so. I'm now on a MacBook Pro with the same DMAR. I think the SSDT-DMAR you propose is for all rigs or most of all (at least z390).

Attachments

• Genuine MacBook Pro - DMAR.aml
    136 bytes · Views: 105
I don't think so. I'm now on a MacBook Pro with the same DMAR. I think the SSDT-DMAR you propose is for all rigs or most of all (at least z390).
I cannot vouch for that. Every BIOS has a slightly different DMAR. If you compare the one here with the one I posted in Z490 thread, they are different. Whether those differences translate to real world issues, we don't know (especially in Windows and Linux). It has only been a few minutes. To be safe, therefore, I recommend using native DMAR tables with the Reserved Memory regions removed.

Last edited:
@yosoyoco @Elias64Fr
...and the AVB network also works! :headbang:
One step closer to perfection! :)

I am just thrilled with the community contribution lately:
  • @Elias64Fr for the revised BIOS with native Apple Thunderbolt PEI/DXE drivers
  • @Elias64Fr for showing us the importance of AppleVTD (finally Antelope Audio Thunderbolt devices connect and work)
  • @yosoyoco for solving the final piece of the AppleVTD puzzle
  • @CODYQX4 for informing us of BlueToolFixup.kext for Bluetooth issues in Monterey
  • @dehjomz for informing us of FakePCIID incompatibility with Monterey
  • @Inqnuam for HackinDROM App that has made life much easier for monthly OpenCore upgraders!
  • @jerrium for finding that "AAPL,slot-name" in iGPU device properties causes HEVC failure (has been fixed in OC 0.7.1 EFI folders that were updated this morning)
Now what is that phrase we hear often? Oh yes, stronger together. :)

Last edited:
Quick question: is « remove DMAR » the same in OC as « drop DMAR » in Clover? For future reference, in case I wanna keep Clover and upgrade to Catalina or Big Sur (even possible with Clover??).
Yes, that's correct.

Back