Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Two can play that game! Does it work?? :think::think:

By the way, Public Beta 1 is very unstable on my Z490 Vision D. Haven't tried it on Z390 Designare.
The beta is running fine on my Z490 box. I haven't tested on Z590.

Two can play that game! Does it work?? :think::think:

By the way, Public Beta 1 is very unstable on my Z490 Vision D. Haven't tried it on Z390 Designare.

Let us know when you do or did :mrgreen:;)

With F11o genuine or modded I have connected through Alpine Ridge a lot of USB 2 and USB 3 devices. Even sleep, wake work ok.
I’m on holiday now, but when I’ll come back I’ll post IOReg.

The beta is running fine on my Z490 box. I haven't tested on Z590.
In my case powermetrics and systemstats cause a sudden and random system reboot. Wondering if it might be due to an NVMe SSD mounted in a USB-C external enclosure. Will experiment with alternatives. (macOS Monterey public beta 1)

Update 1: Problem fixed (or circumvented) by disabling NVMeFix.kext Reinstalled Monterey on internal NVMe SSD (simply added a new APFS Volume to existing Big Sur NVMe SSD and installed there).

Update 2: Not quite. Disabling NVMeFix.kext allowed the system to run longer before suddenly rebooting.

Last edited:
With F11o genuine or modded I have connected through Alpine Ridge a lot of USB 2 and USB 3 devices. Even sleep, wake work ok.
I’m on holiday now, but when I’ll come back I’ll post IOReg.
My experience is with Titan Ridge V1 and V2. I also had some crashing problems on the patched version of f11o- freezing after login, which never happens to me. Just another user's experience.

Hi @CaseySJ
Confirm, both Antelope cards Orion32+ Gen3 with TB3 to TB2 adapter & Orion Studio SC TB3 are running . I'm testing now.
Memory 32Gb is work.
Bluetooth dongle is working.
I don't use WiFi.

THANK YOU!
Wonderful -- glad to hear it. (This is in Mojave with AppleVTD enabled. No restriction on amount of memory.)

In my case powermetrics and systemstats cause a sudden and random system reboot. Wondering if it might be due to an NVMe SSD mounted in a USB-C external enclosure. Will experiment with alternatives. (macOS Monterey public beta 1)

Update 1: Problem fixed (or circumvented) by disabling NVMeFix.kext Reinstalled Monterey on internal NVMe SSD (simply added a new APFS Volume to existing Big Sur NVMe SSD and installed there).

Update 2: Not quite. Disabling NVMeFix.kext allowed the system to run longer before suddenly rebooting.
I’m not using any NVMe’s, just USB… that might be why I haven’t run into issues on Z490.

But, curiously, I’m having crashes on real Macs. It appears that there’s a bug in the sleep and power management… when the real Mac goes to sleep, the Monterey kernel powers off the USB/Thunderbolt bus, and after several hours of sleep, the bus stays off and never reawakens until reboot. So the Mac hangs and never resumes from sleep… Really nasty bug. Curious why this doesn’t happen to me on Z490…

I’m not using any NVMEs, just USB… that might be why I haven’t run into issues on Z490.

But curiously, I’m having crashes on real macs. It appears that there’s a bug in the sleep and power management… when the real Mac goes to sleep, the Monterey kernel powers off the USB/thunderbolt bus, and after several hours of sleep, the bus stays off and never reawakens until reboot. So the Mac hangs and never resumes from sleep… Really nasty bug. Curious why this doesn’t happen to me on Z490…
Can you see if AppleIntelThunderbotlNHI.kext is loaded?

Back