Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Is there anything else I should try before putting the Apple Display back in storage?
Thanks for the update. For now it's okay to put it back into storage. We might have a new version of the BIOS soon, but cannot say when. It might be a couple of weeks away.

when i select igfx i get half way to boot and then the screen distorts, in the ill try boot flag sapricot mentioned in his link but i dont know if it will work
this is my only option to use both hackintosh systems until i can buy a second amd card, there still overpriced
thanks

Attachments

• iMac.ioreg
    10 MB · Views: 46
when i select igfx i get half way to boot and then the screen distorts, in the ill try boot flag sapricot mentioned in his link but i dont know if it will work
this is my only option to use both hackintosh systems until i can buy a second amd card, there still overpriced
thanks
Please try adding this SSDT to OC/ACPI folder and adding a reference to it in ACPI section of config.plist. Then reboot and see if it makes a difference. There's a chance this SSDT needs a little tweaking, but let's first try it as-is.

Attachments

• SSDT-Designare-Z390-Disable-Slot-1-GPU.aml
    210 bytes · Views: 40
no luck, i added the file to acpi and make sure it was checked in config

here is a photo of my bios setting for intel gpx

Attachments

• 20210629_150818.jpg
    20210629_150818.jpg
    319.2 KB · Views: 47
Unfortunately this problem cannot be rectified with an SSDT. In fact we don’t use any SSDT for RX580 (RX5xx or even RX 5xxx). Because this is happening in Windows as well, please check if your video cable is okay, the connection on both ends is okay, the monitor itself is okay (I assume you’re using speakers built into your monitor). If you choose a different sound output device, does the sound still stop for a quick millisecond?
Hi CasySJ, Thank you. I managed to fix the issue in windows by downloading AMD Catalyst which installed the proper drivers for sound in windows 10 but the issue still persists in MacOS. I don't think the issue is card related now and is something that needs to be resolved in either a driver/kext or Big Sur.

Hi CasySJ, Thank you. I managed to fix the issue in windows by downloading AMD Catalyst which installed the proper drivers for sound in windows 10 but the issue still persists in MacOS. I don't think the issue is card related now and is something that needs to be resolved in either a driver/kext or Big Sur.
Barev!
Could you check if the issue is present in Ubuntu?

@suren6791

The RX580 works fine on my Designare Z390. I haven't seen other reports like that for this board. Your signature says you have an Asus Rog B560-F Gaming board. I suggest you try a forum for that board.

@suren6791

The RX580 works fine on my Designare Z390. I haven't seen other reports like that for this board. Your signature says you have an Asus Rog B560-F Gaming board. I suggest you try a forum for that board.
I created a post for this issue but cannot find any posts for that specific board. I also searched the web for any issues regarding sound for this card and found none, so I'm stuck

I have the same issue
Well, good luck...
It could come from your Broadcom module, antennas, storage drive, RAM, PSU, GPU; also from your PC case and even from your neighbor's micro-wave :sick:

I tried every combination possible (except GPU and PSU) and never found the issue
Next thing ill try is get out the motherboard from the case and try without the case
in my experience the largest contributor to interference with BT is USB3. I have a NUC hackintosh that I use a BT dongle with, and I have had to use a USB extension cable to locate the BT dongle a couple of feet from the NUC. obviously with the Fenvi card providing BT this isn't an option, but if using a BT dongle it's worth a try.

Back