Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Does anyone have an SSDT for the RX580. On mine when playing music or videos the sound plays then stop for a quick millisecond and plays again. This happens every 10 to 20 seconds of the song/video. The fact that this is also happening in windows leads me to believe the RX580 needs patching or how do I extract my own SSDT from my DSDT.
Looks more to me like a problem between your board (B560) and the RX580 as it happens too in Windows… Sorry I can’t help more as I don’t use digital out on my RX580 (on my old Z97 hack BTW).

@CaseySJ Update on my PTT situation. I tried flashing official F9i through Qflash but it said invalid file, tried both the one in this thread and the one from Softpedia. Then I booted Windows directly (not through OC), installed Gigabyte bios updater and that was able to do it. Since it worked I ran it again but also updated the backup bios (I have a suspicion I somehow screwed that one up with the failed modified F9i). Then loaded safe defaults, set PTT to enabled, save&restart and... BOOM, it stayed enabled :D

Is it possible that my failed flash (using the complete setting to update Intel ME and stuff) didn't get fully fixed by manually flashing your bios and the Gigabyte tool was able to correct that? Can't think of any other reason since it was literally the same bios.

I also noticed that before flashing now, there was no Intel ME available at all in Device Manager in Windows. Haven't checked yet if it's there now since I wanted to make sure MacOS booted correctly first. Will update.
Replying to myself here but as expected/hoped, Intel ME is available in Device Manager and the health check app now says my computer supports Windows 11.

I'm just gonna stick to official F9i for now :lol:

This information going on right now with all this vt-d stuff really states to me why AVB protocol atm is not really a windows thing and maybe one of the reasons why Avid carbon only works on a mac. I don't really see Microsoft talking about AVB much anywhere which makes me scared for the pc audio community.

@CaseySJ would you have info on how to disable my nvidia card on mac os boot so i can use my intel internal gfx for now as posted a few threads back? Thanks

We got a volunteer who owns LG UltraFine 5K, but not someone with Apple Thunderbolt Display. If you have one of these ATD monitors and would like to try the modified BIOS, I can send you the file in private message. We don’t want to publicly release the new BIOS yet because it is still being worked on.

@CaseySJ

I have an Apple Thunderbolt Display. You had already provided me with the experimental F9i BIOS which I have been using during the Experiment #3 testing, but never experimented with the ATD.

I had already increased my RAM to 32GB this morning, so did some testing with the ATD not expecting it to work. I ran a DP cable from my RX580 to the DP In on the Designare. I used the Experiment #3 settings. There was no video on the ATD during boot or OC picker or after reaching the Big Sur window. Of course on-board Ethernet and WiFi were disabled per the results from Experiment #3.

(Since I'm running "headless" there was no video being sent directly to the TB connection -- I guess?}

I then removed one 16GB memory module and used the Experiment #3 settings. There was no video on the ATD during boot or OC picker, but both monitors were active after Big Sur 11.4 was running. The Ethernet, camera, and USB ports were active on the Apple Display.

Is there anything else I should try before putting the Apple Display back in storage?

This information going on right now with all this vt-d stuff really states to me why AVB protocol atm is not really a windows thing and maybe one of the reasons why Avid carbon only works on a mac. I don't really see Microsoft talking about AVB much anywhere which makes me scared for the pc audio community.

@CaseySJ would you have info on how to disable my nvidia card on mac os boot so i can use my intel internal gfx for now as posted a few threads back? Thanks
I'm not Casey but there's a page about this exact topic in the OC guide: https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/extras/spoof.html

Basically you find the pcie path of the Nvidia card, then modify the dsdt entry from the example, compile it with MaciASL and add it to OC.

My Bluetooth seems to work randomly from ok to great. It also shows up randomly in Hackindrom. My magic keyboard and trackpad are working OK but an app like Unlox (formerly MacID) also work randomly.
I tried with 2 different dongle ( Broadcom BCM20702 and Laird BT851-ND )with the same random results.
What is the best way to troubleshoot this ?

My Bluetooth seems to work randomly from ok to great. It also shows up randomly in Hackindrom. My magic keyboard and trackpad are working OK but an app like Unlox (formerly MacID) also work randomly.
I tried with 2 different dongle ( Broadcom BCM20702 and Laird BT851-ND )with the same random results.
What is the best way to troubleshoot this ?
I have the same issue
Well, good luck...
It could come from your Broadcom module, antennas, storage drive, RAM, PSU, GPU; also from your PC case and even from your neighbor's micro-wave :sick:

I tried every combination possible (except GPU and PSU) and never found the issue
Next thing ill try is get out the motherboard from the case and try without the case

Does anyone have an SSDT for the RX580. On mine when playing music or videos the sound plays then stop for a quick millisecond and plays again. This happens every 10 to 20 seconds of the song/video. The fact that this is also happening in windows leads me to believe the RX580 needs patching or how do I extract my own SSDT from my DSDT.
Unfortunately this problem cannot be rectified with an SSDT. In fact we don’t use any SSDT for RX580 (RX5xx or even RX 5xxx). Because this is happening in Windows as well, please check if your video cable is okay, the connection on both ends is okay, the monitor itself is okay (I assume you’re using speakers built into your monitor). If you choose a different sound output device, does the sound still stop for a quick millisecond?

I have the same issue
Well, good luck...
It could come from your Broadcom module, antennas, storage drive, RAM, PSU, GPU; also from your PC case and even from your neighbor's micro-wave :sick:

I tried every combination possible (except GPU and PSU) and never found the issue
Next thing ill try is get out the motherboard from the case and try without the case
Well, no neighbours close to me.
I tried a couple of USB port.
My dongle is now out of the G5 mod case on my old Apple A1048 Keyboard. Still the same issue.

We have two versions of an SSDT that disables GPUs. If you post a screenshot of the IORegistryExplorer device tree that shows the first few lines of the Nvidia card, I can provide the right SSDT. Alternatively, post the entire IOReg file.

Back