Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Using a single module from a CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4-2666 kit, my Ethernet and Fenvi Wi-Fi work.

I was using both modules in my NAS+Router custom build, but took one from it and put it in the Z390.

None of the SSDTs (DMAC, SBUS-MCHC, MCHC) are needed for this to work in my case. I think it's all down to RAM, which makes me wonder what the best RAM choice is for maximum speed and capacity, that still works with AppleVTD active.
  • I've also successfully tested a single 16GB module (G.Skill TridentZ).
  • @jiffyslot has successfully tested four 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666MHz modules for a total of 64GB on Z390 Designare.

Last edited:
Not about Apple VT-d or Thunderbolt but I lose Hand-Off, Continuity AirDrop and connection to AirPods Pro after wake from sleep, but "normal" Bluetooth is still functional, I can connect to Magic Mouse, Keyboard
To fix issue I have to restart my Hackintosh
Any idea or fix ?

I'm going to purchase and test the black version. You're sure that four of them work on the Z490 Vision D? :)

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07D1XJH2W/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

Yes I can fully confirm. Z490 Vision D, stock BIOS F5 no mods, 4x8GB DIMMs of Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200 MHz works well. XMP on. VT-d on. Intel PTT on for Win 11. Fenvi wifi and bluetooth are working. I'm posting this message from the same system.

1624834938656.png

Not about Apple VT-d or Thunderbolt but I lose Hand-Off, Continuity AirDrop and connection to AirPods Pro after wake from sleep, but "normal" Bluetooth is still functional, I can connect to Magic Mouse, Keyboard
To fix issue I have to restart my Hackintosh
Any idea or fix ?
Both AirDrop and Handoff worked for me on Z390 Designare Test Bench after wake-from-sleep (with and without AppleVTD). Here's handoff after waking from sleep...

Screen Shot 2021-06-27 at 4.08.20 PM.png

Last edited:
Happy to help! You've helped the community so much over the years!
It occurred to me earlier this morning that because we have slightly different components, we represent a kind of gene pool. We're finding which genes are surviving the AppleVTD environmental disruption, and which ones aren't. Only when there is diversity in the gene pool does it ensure that at least part of the population survives a disruption or other event.

Because the gene pool extends to circumstances beyond AppleVTD, it has helped all of us in many ways over the years.

It occurred to me earlier this morning that because we have slightly different components, we represent a kind of gene pool. We're finding which genes are surviving the AppleVTD environmental disruption, and which ones aren't. Only when there is diversity in the gene pool does it ensure that at least part of the population survives a disruption or other event.

Because the gene pool extends to circumstances beyond AppleVTD, it has helped all of us in many ways over the years.
Yes, a gene pool of mad scientists discovering things that Apple didn't intend on being discovered...
Like old Macs (like my old Macbook Pro) can still run modern versions of macOS, even though Apple declared them as 'obsolete' years ago. All that's needed is some elbow grease and some patching.

Both AirDrop and Handoff worked for me on Z390 Designare Test Bench after wake-from-sleep. Here's handoff after waking from sleep...

View attachment 523116
I don't think my issue is related to Apple VT-d because it was there also before we are playing with Apple VT-d

Back