Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Might the troubles you all are facing have anything to do with the BIOS version?

I haven’t tried any custom BIOSes, but I can confirm that I use VT-d with 4 8GB DIMMs with xmp on z490 vision d, and I don’t have any problems with the f5 bios.

But I had major problems with f20 and xmp on. Usb disks were regularly being ejected during sleep. I downclocked the memory from 3200 to 2666, and that tended to help, but it wasn’t 100 percent foolproof.

I wonder if there’s a particular bios version you all should use…?
Have you checked Thunderbolt (TB-> Ethernet, or Antelope audio device), Ethernet/WiFi connections ?

From opencore manual, disableiomapper section :
Note 2: Misconfigured IOMMU in the firmware may result in broken devices such as ethernet or Wi-Fi adapters. For instance, an ethernet adapter may cycle in link-up link-down state infinitely and a Wi-Fi adapter may fail to discover networks. Gigabyte is one of the most common OEMs with these issues.
Will read that section of the OC manual soon, but meanwhile do they provide any information about the possibility of correcting IOMMU configuration?

@CaseySJ could the "ReleaseUSBownership" thing of OC may be useful in this case?
It’s certainly worth trying. However for @qthegaijin the problem was a total shutdown of USB ports, which was solved by enabling this checkbox.

Will read that section of the OC manual soon, but meanwhile do they provide any information about the possibility of correcting IOMMU configuration?
Question: how we consider if IOMMU is "misconfigured in the firmware" or not, and how we can check that "configuration" ... ?

@CaseySJ
Note that DisableIoMapper's Note 2 is something new in 0.7.1, it is not present in any previous OC version configuration.pdf

Just to be clear, is your memory natively spec’d at 3000MHz, but you’ve disabled XMP and down-clocked it to 2666MHz?
I'm embarrassed to say I can't tell whether it's native or not :angel: It's Corsair CMK32GX4M2B3000C15. I'm guessing not native since it defaults to 2133 without XMP.

Edit: Checked the link @Inqnuam shared, it's 2133 native and verified supported for all four slots.

I'm embarrassed to say I can't tell whether it's native or not :angel: It's Corsair CMK32GX4M2B3000C15. I'm guessing not native since it defaults to 2133 without XMP.

Edit: Checked the link @Inqnuam shared, it's 2133 native and verified supported for all four slots.

Your memory is 3000MHz.

All memory above 2133 in BIOS is classed as overclocked, so that's the default. Above that, yes, your memory is fine although unwanted ejecting USB devices on wake-from-sleep may occur.

Your memory is 3000MHz.

All memory above 2133 in BIOS is classed as overclocked, so that's the default. Above that, yes, your memory is fine although unwanted ejecting USB devices on wake-from-sleep may occur.
Thanks! So confusing with this in the compatibility list:

Skärmavbild 2021-06-27 kl. 13.46.31.png

Interesting. What is the make/model of your 8GB DIMM, and its native speed?

I tried various combinations of 16GB DIMMs on my Z490 Vision D that is also running stock F5, but side effects disappear when only one 16GB module is installed. Haven’t tried 8GB modules exclusively on that system yet.
On my z490 box, I’m using 32 GB of Corsair vengeance rgb memory @ 3200 MHz. 8 GB DIMMs.

Last edited:
Back