Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Antelope Audio Orion Stuido SC TB3 and Orion32+ Gen3 with Apple adapter TB3 to TB work correctly!
Here is evidence from @3908700 showing that two 16GB DIMMs are installed, AppleVTD is enabled, Antelope Orion 32+ is working, and his on-board Ethernet ports are working.

The only difference: He has no WiFi/BT card. He's using a Bluetooth USB dongle at the moment (which is having a connection problem).

View attachment 522842View attachment 522843

View attachment 522844

In the first post

The sub sections here are split between F4-F7 and F8+.

In only the F4-F7 section, it has

But it is not mentioned in the F8+ section.

I'm interested in turning that on for windows to maybe have a TPM (I'm not sure if the intel PTT is the same as a tpm or not, but maybe?).

If I'm on F8+ is it okay to turnt this on?
Yes it is okay to enable PTT based on an earlier post by @dehjomz here.

Also, would it ever be possible for to use this intel ptt to emulate an apple secure enclave?
Maybe @dehjomz can address this?

Here is evidence from @3908700 showing that two 16GB DIMMs are installed, AppleVTD is enabled, Antelope Orion 32+ is working, and his on-board Ethernet ports are working.

The only difference: He has no WiFi/BT card. He's using a Bluetooth USB dongle at the moment (which is having a connection problem).
I have removed the Fenvi board. I added 1 DIMM back to the B1 slot for a total of 32Gb. Thunderbolt is working properly but the built-in ethernet is broken. The Apple Gigabit adapter is still working properly.

@CaseySJ just playing along here on my z370.

With only two sticks of RAM I have AppleVTD and Wifi/BT using the Fenvi. Cannot test ethernet or TB network but everything else works per usual.

RAM modules are:

XPG ADATA
DDR4 3000
8GB

VT-D enabled in bios
dart=0 removed fro NVRAM
DisabledI0mapper unchecked

Screen Shot 2021-06-25 at 1.56.07 PM.png

Yes it is okay to enable PTT based on an earlier post by @dehjomz here.

Maybe @dehjomz can address this?
As I understand it, Intel’s PTT offers the same capabilities as a discrete TPM module. I don’t know all the details, as in the 20+ years that I’ve been computing, I’ve neither known nor cared about TPM.

But when I ran the windows 11 check tool, it was saying that my beefed up system was not capable of running windows 11, which infuriated me. 8 cores can’t run windows 11?? The tool didn’t say why this was the case. But after some sleuthing, I found out that I needed TPM.

The next step was to understand that my motherboard has a TPM header but no discrete TPM module. I then wondered why I would need to purchase a TPM module to run windows… and then I started looking into the cost of a TPM2.0 module, I realized they’re sold out almost everywhere, and I also realized that TPM modules are being scalped on eBay, with prices rising 200% in 24 hours. I refused to pay scalped prices for a GPU much less a TPM, so then I continued to sleuth, and I realized that certain Intel core processors have a TPM function built in! And it’s called PTT. So I enabled it, and the Microsoft Windows 11 tool finally said that my box is capable of running the OS.

I contacted Gigabyte and encouraged them to reach out to Microsoft to better clarify this situation for their users because millions of people are going to be very confused.

Microsoft dropped the ball on this.

See here for more info on PTT: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000007452/intel-nuc.html

See here for more info on becoming a TPM scalper: https://www.techpowerup.com/283812/thanks-to-windows-11-scalpers-buy-out-add-on-tpm-2-0-modules

Last edited:
MacOs not able to allow DMA on more than 16go ?

I have removed the Fenvi board. I added 1 DIMM back to the B1 slot for a total of 32Gb. Thunderbolt is working properly but the built-in ethernet is broken. The Apple Gigabit adapter is still working properly.
On my Z490 Vision D, with the Fenvi card removed, only the 2.5GbE Intel i225-V Ethernet port works (same as before) when AppleVTD is enabled.

it would be very interesting if someone had 4-4gb memory modules, to see if the issue is related to having 16Gb total installed, rather than the number of modules/speed installed.

Last edited:
@CaseySJ

I decided to try this all on my X299 (Designare EX Board) system at work (LOL) with Mojave....
Only thing I noticed was Smalltree Ethernet kext threw an error on OC right in the first few seconds and that my second Ethernet controller isnt working...

128GB RAM AND WORKING ANTELOPE!
Screen Shot 2021-06-25 at 3.18.50 PM.png

Last edited:
Back