Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

I have my Z170X setup to have both the built in Alpine Ridge and Flashed Titan Ridge AIC controllers
Heres something for you all to check:

- Able to have USBC device and TB3 device working at the same time on a single controller (Mine currently defaults to the USBC device instead of TB3)
- Have both controllers show up in System Report under TB/USB4 panel (mine currently only shows the TR card, even though I have the working Antelope plugged into the Alpine Ridge and mapped correctly with SSDT)

I have my Z170X setup to have both the built in Alpine Ridge and Flashed Titan Ridge AIC controllers

- Able to have USBC device and TB3 device working at the same time on a single controller (Mine currently defaults to the USBC device instead of TB3)
- Have both controllers show up in System Report under TB/USB4 panel (mine currently only shows the TR card, even though I have the working Antelope plugged into the Alpine Ridge and mapped correctly with SSDT)
Is Thunderbolt Bus enabled on the Alpine Ridge? If so, can you post a screenshot of IORegistryExplorer that shows the Alpine Ridge device tree?

Screen Shot 2021-06-25 at 9.54.41 AM.png

@CaseySJ

Doesn't populate the same as the flashed TR card so that makes me wonder if the SSDT isnt loading right...

View attachment 522813

@CaseySJ

Doesn't populate the same as the flashed TR card so that makes me wonder if the SSDT isnt loading right...
This is okay! It just means Thunderbolt Bus is not activated, hence it will not appear in System Information --> Thunderbolt/USB4. But no worries because your Antelope device is working anyway. That's all that matters. ;)

Just ordered more RAM and now have to head to work for the day, I will be able to run some more tests later tonight!

No problem with 2 flashed controllers:

Is there someone able to explain the dmac ssdt code ?

You dont need to resize your EFI partition, simply select a back-up folder then try to update to latest OpenCore version available
View attachment 522756
Hello Friend Thanks for helping me out with this option issue still persist that its only showing OpenCore 6.8 is installed and OC 7.0 is not getting installed or updated

Let's abandon the A1/A2 experiment...
Back to 1 DIMM and all is back up and running. I don't have any video work to do this weekend so I'll leave this config for a few days to see if anything strange pops up. Let me know if there's any other info I can provide.

Back