Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

No, two DIMMs (16GB+16GB) in A1 and B1 doesn't work for me...

Could you try 2 things :

Capture d’écran 2021-06-25 à 10.53.01.png

1. Adding attached SSDT-MCHC. MCHC is the Host Bridge/DRAM Registers. Maybe this is only a cosmetic IOReg displaying.

2. As real iMac 19,1 use A0/B0 slots, you can try moving them.

UPDATE:
  • On Z390 Designare, A1 slot is named as A0 on Apple system
  • On Z390 Designare, B1 slot is named as B0 on Apple system
  • On Z390 Designare, A2 slot is named as A1 on Apple system
  • On Z390 Designare, B2 slot is named as B1 on Apple system

Attachments

• SSDT-MCHC.aml
    76 bytes · Views: 51
Last edited:
Could you try 2 things :

View attachment 522753

1. Adding attached SSDT-MCHC. MCHC is the Host Bridge/DRAM Registers. Maybe this is only a cosmetic IOReg displaying.

2. As real iMac 19,1 use A0/B0 slots, you can try moving them.
Normally all should use SSDT-SBUS-MCHC.aml, with MCHC inside.

Attachments

• SSDT-SBUS-MCHC.aml
    252 bytes · Views: 57
Hello @casey I am facing the same issue again and I don't know how its rolled back to older version of OpenCore I am unable to update it to latest version that is Opencore 7.0 please help sharing the screen shot for the same. Also Need help in resizing the EFI partition for my hackintosh. I am tired of this see every screen shot one says 6.9 is installed and other says its 6.8 I don't know what to do please help
You dont need to resize your EFI partition, simply select a back-up folder then try to update to latest OpenCore version available
Screen Shot 2021-06-25 at 11.41.51.png

That confirms the assertion that two 8GB modules in the 1st and 3rd banks work without any config modification.
If you need more info about my system here is my Report Archive

Attachments

• ReportEFI_OC0.7.0_206.zip
    4.1 MB · Views: 41
Hello @casey I am facing the same issue again and I don't know how its rolled back to older version of OpenCore I am unable to update it to latest version that is Opencore 7.0 please help sharing the screen shot for the same. Also Need help in resizing the EFI partition for my hackintosh. I am tired of this see every screen shot one says 6.9 is installed and other says its 6.8 I don't know what to do please help
Your EFI folder probably contains an “APPLE” folder. Delete that folder and empty the trash to make more space available.

Also see the red PRO TIP in the instructions:

Quick Updates (on Z490 Vision D):
  • This system has two 16GB G.Skill 3200MHz DIMMs, in A2 and B2.
  • SSDT-SBUS-MCHC.aml has always been present.
  • BIOS F6 (official).
  • PlatformInfo --> Memory configured as follows:
Screen Shot 2021-06-25 at 3.42.42 AM.png

Results:
  • With DisableIoMapper checked on (VT-d disabled), WiFi/Ethernet are OK
  • With DisableIoMapper checked off (VT-d enabled), WiFi/Ethernet fail to connect
Next Step:
  • Move DIMMs to A1 and B1
  • UPDATE: Moving DIMMs to A1/B1 causes a POST failure (power-on self-test)

Title of earlier post changed to "Problem Identified" instead of "Problem Solved":

Screen Shot 2021-06-25 at 3.55.01 AM.png

Last edited:
** AppleVTD Ethernet/WiFi PROBLEM SOLVED **

If the motherboard has only two DIMMs (in slots A1/B1 or A2/B2) then Ethernet and WiFi are fully functional with VT-d enabled! I just removed two of the four DIMMs from my Primary Z390 Designare and now it's working fine.

NOTE: Requires 8GB DIMMs. Higher capacity DIMMs may need “PlatformInfo —> Memory” to be filled out.
@CaseySJ

For the record, in my misbehaving system I have 16 GB DDR4-3200 in A2 and B2 and have X.M.P set to Profile 1.

I may not recall correctly, but when I first built this hack I think if I put the DIMMs in A1 and B1 the BIOS wouldn't show the proper 3200 MHz frequency.

Edit 1: X.M.P set to "Disabled" in BIOS, memory speed reduced to 2133 MHz, ethernet and WiFi not active.

Edit 2: Filled out "PlatformInfo -> Memory" using CaseySJ's example and did not enable Ethernet/WiFi.

Last edited:
@CaseySJ

For the record, in my misbehaving system I have 16 GB DDR4-3200 in A2 and B2 and have X.M.P set to Profile 1.

I may not recall correctly, but when I first built this hack I think if I put the DIMMs in A1 and B1 the BIOS wouldn't show the proper 3200 MHz frequency.

Edit 1: X.M.P set to "Disabled" in BIOS, memory speed reduced to 2133 MHz, ethernet and WiFi not active.

Edit 2: Filled out "PlatformInfo -> Memory" using CaseySJ's example and did not enable Ethernet/WiFi.
These outcomes exactly match my experience on the Z490 Vision D in which there are also two 16GB DIMMs, one in A2 and the other in B2.

Back