Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

I do not have that in my IOReg when the Antelope is connected.

I am going to try to remap the USB ports today when I have time yet again, and see if that gets them to be recognized when DisableIOMapper is turned off. If anyone has any insights to the USB-A ports being disabled that would be much appreciated!

Update:
After trying out different network configurations (swapping ethernet ports, both hotswapping and after reboots), it seems that when the Antelope Control Panel is in remote mode:
- On another Mac machine: it disconnects in 2 minutes or less.
- On iOS: the remote control panel application works 100% of the time.
@qthegaijin

DMAC device is not dependant on plugged peripherals. This one appear by SSDT-DMAC and look like this, for Z390 Designare :
Capture d’écran 2021-06-24 à 18.39.25.png

@qthegaijin

DMAC device is not dependant on plugged peripherals. This one appear by SSDT-DMAC and look like this, for Z390 Designare :
I just followed the isntructions on the OC-Little-Translated for SSDT-DMAC, searched DSDT etc, but when added to my config nothing loads in ioreg still, must need different settings in the SSDT for this mobo possibly?

Hi @CaseySJ

@qthegaijin doesn't have DMAC device on IOREG. Like this device refer to DMAController, Could you verify if you have this one ? And ask for someone have Network issue with AppleVTD enabled, if this device appear ?
On Aorus Master, GC-Titan Ridge (Patched NVM33) I do not get DMAC in either scenario:

1. VT-D enabled, Removed dart=0, and unchecked DisableIOMapper-->Result-Fenvi and built-in network do not work, but Apple Thunderbolt to Gigabit Adapter does work.

2. VT-D disabled, dart=0, and checked DisableIOMapper-->Result-Fenvi and built-in network do work, but Apple Thunderbolt to Gigabit Adapter does not work.

Hi @CaseySJ

@qthegaijin doesn't have DMAC device on IOREG. Like this device refer to DMAController, Could you verify if you have this one ? And ask for someone have Network issue with AppleVTD enabled, if this device appear ?
On my fully working Z390 Designare with AppleVTD, there is no DMAC device.
Screen Shot 2021-06-24 at 10.23.24 AM.png

@Elias64Fr,

Here's a table of similarities and differences. I'll keep this table updated as more information comes in. Hopefully it may help us identify the culprit.

Owner / System CPU BIOS IOReg Issues
@Elias64Fr
Designare Z390
i5-9600K
iMac19,1
Modified v003 AppleVTD
w/DMAC
None
@Inqnuam
Designare Z390
i9-9900KF
iMacPro1,1
Modified v003 AppleVTD
wo/DMAC
None
@CaseySJ
Designare Z390
i5-9600K
iMac19,1
Modified v003 AppleVTD
w/ and wo/DMAC
None
@yosoyoco
Designare Z390
i9-9900K
iMac19,1
Modified v003 AppleVTD
DMAC ??
Ethernet/WiFi No Connect
@NCMacGuy
Designare Z390
i9-9900K
iMac19,1
Modified v003 AppleVTD
w/ and wo/DMAC
Ethernet/WiFi No Connect
@CODYQX4
Designare Z390
i9-9900K
iMac19,1
Modified v003 AppleVTD
w/ and wo/DMAC
Ethernet/WiFi No Connect

Last edited:
@Elias64Fr,

Here's a table of similarities and differences. I'll keep this table updated as more information comes in. Hopefully it may help us identify the culprit.

Owner / System CPU BIOS IOReg Issues
@Elias64Fr
Designare Z390
i5-9600K Modified v003 AppleVTD
DMAC
None
@Inqnuam
Designare Z390
i9-9900KF Modified v003 AppleVTD
DMAC ??
None
@CaseySJ
Designare Z390
i5-9600K Modified v003 AppleVTD
No DMAC
None
@yosoyoco
Designare Z390
i9-9900K Modified v003 AppleVTD
DMAC ??
No Ethernet or WiFi
@NCMacGuy
Designare Z390
i9-9900K Modified v003 AppleVTD
DMAC ??
No Ethernet or WiFi

Attachments

• SSDT-DMAC.aml
    166 bytes · Views: 91
@StefanAM,

It is not clear to me that SSDT-DMAC is needed because my Z390 Designare with Vt-d enabled has no problems with Ethernet, WiFi, or any other device.

But if someone does have Ethernet and WiFi problems, then I agree they should try SSDT-DMAC.

@NCMacGuy @yosoyoco

Because you're experiencing Ethernet and WiFi problems with Vt-d enabled, please try adding SSDT-DMAC from @StefanAM's post directly above. It must be copied to OC/ACPI folder and a reference must be added to config.plist --> ACPI section.

Back