Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

@qthegaijin,

If you operate the Orion 2017 locally (not through remote connection), does it operate normally, or does it also disconnect after 2 minutes?

@qthegaijin,

If you operate the Orion 2017 locally (not through remote connection), does it operate normally, or does it also disconnect after 2 minutes?
Operates normally. No disconnects and can switch between audio sample rates without any issues.

Operates normally. No disconnects and can switch between audio sample rates without any issues.
Too bad the USB Type A ports stopped working on the GA-Z170X. You win some, you lose some. Alternatives are USB-C hub with Type A ports, Thunderbolt dock, or PCIe card.

But I suspect reliability of remote connection is going to be more important.

@yosoyoco @qthegaijin

Do you have DMAC device under IOReg ?

Capture d’écran 2021-06-24 à 11.26.48.png

@CaseySJ

I installed the modified F9i you supplied with QFlash. Then loaded the "Optimized Defaults," disabled CFG Lock, confirmed VT-d was enabled.

Then tweaked some other settings: Win 8/10 Features to "Other OS," disabled CSM Support, enabled Above 4G Coding, TB Security Level set to "No Security."

So BIOS setting seemed to be properly set.

Copied my current EFI folder to a USB thumb drive. Installed your TB3 SSDT file in the ACPI folder, enabled it in config.plist file, and disabled my TB3 SSDT.

Removed dart=0, and unchecked DisableIOMapper.

Rebooted from the USB thumb drive with the modified EFI.

The board's Ethernet ports and WiFi remain disabled, and the TB3 Apple Ethernet is active -- the same as before, but using your modified BIOS and modified TB SSDT.

Any other info I can supply?

Hi @CaseySJ
I would like to install macOS Big Sur on a second partition (currently dedicated to macOS Mojave) alongside macOS Catalina. My system is obviously based on the Gigabyte z390 Designare motherboard (BIOS v. F9b - with MSR 0xE2 previously unlocked following Your Micro-Guide) with a multiboot configuration on three separate drives (macOS, Windows 10, Linux) using Clover bootoloader in UEFI mode.
I know that I will have to switch from Clover to Opencore (using the EFI folder that You provide in Your Guide) before starting the new installation of macOS Big Sur so I would like to ask you a few questions to avoid adding problems:
- is it mandatory to update BIOS to newer versions (i.e. F9g or F9i)?
- should i reset NVRAM via OpenCore boot window before starting the install from macOS Big-Sur USB pendrive installer?
- the EFI folder and the config.plist file you provide in your Micro-Guide to Open-Core 0.70 is compatible with a multiboot system as I described above or should I update/fix/change something?
- how can I transfer PlatformInfo information from Clover to OpenCore? Can i use a Plist editor (PlistEdit Pro)?
- in the EFI folder that you provide in Your guide there are two SSDTs (SSDT-UIAC-DESIGNARE-Z390-V7.aml, SSDT-UIAC-DESIGNARE-Z390-V7D.aml):are they suitable with my case Fractal Design Define C TG or would a customization be appropriate?
Thanks in advance for Your help

Last edited:
@yosoyoco @qthegaijin

Do you have DMAC device under IOReg ?
I do not have that in my IOReg when the Antelope is connected.

Too bad the USB Type A ports stopped working on the GA-Z170X. You win some, you lose some. Alternatives are USB-C hub with Type A ports, Thunderbolt dock, or PCIe card.

But I suspect reliability of remote connection is going to be more important.
I am going to try to remap the USB ports today when I have time yet again, and see if that gets them to be recognized when DisableIOMapper is turned off. If anyone has any insights to the USB-A ports being disabled that would be much appreciated!

Update:
After trying out different network configurations (swapping ethernet ports, both hotswapping and after reboots), it seems that when the Antelope Control Panel is in remote mode:
- On another Mac machine: it disconnects in 2 minutes or less.
- On iOS: the remote control panel application works 100% of the time.

Last edited:
Back