Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Do you happen to have a PCIe add-in-card with USB ports?
Not on this build, only add in card is the Titan Ridge V2 and it is not plugged into the USB header currently.

BIOS F9i

PCIex1

no the other is block by the GPU (SAPPHIRE Nitro+ Radeon RX 5700 XT 8G)

yes

none

Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 (1 To) --> macOs
SanDisk Extreme PRO M.2 NVMe 3D (1To) --> data
If power-on-self-test (POST) fails with the Fenvi card installed, and the OpenCore Picker never appears, then the card may be defective.

Have you contacted Fenvi customer support via email?

An alternative is the YOUBO.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B082X8MBMD/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

Not on this build, only add in card is the Titan Ridge V2 and it is not plugged into the USB header currently.
Do you have a Thunderbolt dock with USB ports?

If you have a USB-C device, does it work in either of the Thunderbolt ports?

If power-on-self-test (POST) fails with the Fenvi card installed, and the OpenCore Picker never appears, then the card may be defective.

Have you contacted Fenvi customer support via email?

An alternative is the YOUBO.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B082X8MBMD/?tag=tonymacx86com-20
I can't replace the integrate card by that :

?

Do you have a Thunderbolt dock with USB ports?

If you have a USB-C device, does it work in either of the Thunderbolt ports?
Holy Mother of *insert deity here*!!!
THE ANTELOPE ORION STUDIO REV 2017 WORKS!!!!

Using 2 keyboards (1 for OC, 1 in USB-C on the built in ports), I am able to get into Big Sur and load up the antelope and it works. Networking works too! So on my main studio rig, the control panels are working over remote connection.

Still no USB 2/3 ports though :lol:

BBF8115C-56EA-464E-B06E-B437C1EE3D36.JPG

UPDATE:
So normal internet/network works, but for some reason the antelope will disconnect from the network (but not the machine) so remote controlling seems to be intermittent. I notice that in Ioreg when it disconnects, IOThunderboltFamilyUserClient and AppleHPMUserClient are red and crossed out.

Last edited:
… So on my main studio rig, the control panels are working over remote connection.

Just want to understand what you mean by “remote connection”?

Just want to understand what you mean by “remote connection”?

Part of Antelopes ecosystem is being able to use multiple computers and ios devices to control the interfaces options remotely. EX: for a system setup where the Antelope Interface is racked up in a machine room away from the control room, you can use an ipad or laptop to change the settings while leaving screen real estate for the DAW. In the Orion Studios case, I can use my phone to adjust Mic preamp levels standing in the live room instead of at the computer.

Right now with the Orion 2017 plugged into thunderbolt, whenever I reboot the system and it first starts up, my main studio system across the room will load up the control panel over the network for about 2 minutes, then that computer will disconnect from my TB3 test bench.

Update: Both ethernet ports work, and when I unplug and replug, the antelope control panel will correctly remote to another one for 2ish minutes over the network.

Update 2: It must be related to a thunderbolt networking error, because normal file sharing between 2 macs and other network related tasks work as they should.

Last edited:
Back