Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

** Looking for one LG UltraFine 5K and one Apple Thunderbolt Display Owner **

Reason:
  • To install modified BIOS (via Q-Flash in BIOS Setup) containing Apple Thunderbolt drivers and check:
    • Whether Thunderbolt monitor powers on doing BIOS and OpenCore Picker​
    • Whether Thunderbolt monitor's on-board devices are functional during BIOS and OpenCore Picker​
    • Whether Thunderbolt monitor is more reliable in any way than before​
Prerequisites:
  • Must own Gigabyte Z390 Designare Hackintosh running Mojave, Catalina, or Big Sur
  • Boot loader must be OpenCore
  • Must be running BIOS F9i (either the official F9i or one of Elias' modified versions)
  • Must own either (a) LG UltraFine 5K or (b) Apple Thunderbolt Display
  • LG UltraFine 5K can be either latest model (27MD5KLB-B) or previous version (27MD5KL-B)
Ideally you should have 75 or more posts so that Private Messaging is open to you.

@CaseySJ hi.
Is there any way to enable TB for Antelope Audio on Clover? I have Orion32+ Gen3 and Orion Studio SC for testing.

Good to know everything works in Mojave! This could be an option for Antelope Audio users if we cannot solve the Ethernet and WiFi problems under Big Sur with AppleVTD.

I wonder if everything will also work under Catalina with AppleVTD enabled.
I'm going to try that later today: I've been trying to get a nearly identical system (19,1 on the Z390 and iMP 1,1 on the Z370) running on the Z370 Aorus Gaming 7 with the i7 8700K. I'm trying to fix En0 and I can't figure out how to get the RX580 low-power patch to work on that system.

Update: Fixed En0 with:

sudo rm /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist
sudo rm /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/preferences.plist

Now verifying/replicating via a different Mojave clone, then on to Catalina and from there a BigSur update and test on the Z370. This system is on 0.6.0 and I'm going to try to update a test EFI to 0.7.0.

Last edited:
@CaseySJ hi.
Is there any way to enable TB for Antelope Audio on Clover? I have Orion32+ Gen3 and Orion Studio SC for testing.
Hello again @3908700,

Looks like we found our own solution to the Antelope problem! Yes it is possible to do this with Clover.
  • Which version of macOS are you running?
  • Which version of BIOS is currently installed?
If you can post your Clover config.plist (but remove serial numbers from SMBIOS section) I can tell you what changes to make.

Hello, still no luck with the network connections... I tried every things you told me, then I tried a complete bios reset / new opencore config with basic settings. No changes... but everything works under Win10. The last thing that I can try is to reinstall macOS with VT-D enabled...

Hello, still no luck with the network connections... I tried every things you told me, then I tried a complete bios reset / new opencore config with basic settings. No changes... but everything works under Win10. The last thing that I can try is to reinstall macOS with VT-D enabled...
No need to reinstall macOS at this time. What we know:
  • Elias --> no problem (flashed Titan Ridge firmware)
  • Inqnuam --> no problem (flashed Titan Ridge firmware)
  • Me --> no problem (flashed Titan Ridge firmware)
  • We are all running Big Sur 11.4 or 11.5
So what differences might exist on your system?
  • Please list the makes and models of all components installed inside the system.
  • And list all components connected to the outside of the system via USB or Thunderbolt.
  • Was this version of macOS installed from scratch or upgraded from an earlier version?
  • What system product name are you using (iMac19,1 or iMacPro1,1 or something else)?
  • Is your Titan Ridge firmware flashed (to enable Thunderbolt Bus)?

Last edited:
No need to reinstall macOS at this time. What we know:
  • Elias --> no problem
  • Inqnuam --> no problem
  • Me --> no problem
  • We are all running Big Sur 11.4 or 11.5
So what differences might exist on your system?
  • Please list the makes and models of all components installed inside the system.
  • z390 designare
  • i9-9900K
  • Sapphire RX580
  • Fenvi t919
  • And list all components connected to the outside of the system via USB or Thunderbolt.
USB:
  • Fenvi t919
  • ilok
  • elicenser
Thunderbolt:
  • orion32+
  • RME fireface UFX+

• Was this version of macOS installed from scratch or upgraded from an earlier version?
upgraded since 11.?
  • What system product name are you using (iMac19,1 or iMacPro1,1 or something else)?
iMac19,1
  • Is your Titan Ridge firmware flashed (to enable Thunderbolt Bus)?
Flashed with DESIGNARE-Z390-NVM33-Elias64Fr.bin

• z390 designare
  • i9-9900K
  • Sapphire RX580
  • Fenvi t919

USB:
  • Fenvi t919
  • ilok
  • elicenser
Thunderbolt:
  • orion32+
  • RME fireface UFX+