Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

IDK if this helps, but VTD seems to be working for me with both i211, i219, and WiFi/Bluetooth working and connecting in Mojave.
EDIT: @CaseySJ should I hunt for a special revision or batch number on my Z390? Would you like a copy of my BIOS, BIOS setup file, and OC070 bundle? LMK...
Good to know everything works in Mojave! This could be an option for Antelope Audio users if we cannot solve the Ethernet and WiFi problems under Big Sur with AppleVTD.

I wonder if everything will also work under Catalina with AppleVTD enabled.

hi, I have a problem, my Fenvi card prevents the computer's boot. When I remove it the boot goes well but when it is plugged in the computer lights up and comes off at the end of 1-2s. I do not understand why ... Thank for your help
Hello @SCaRL3T,

Some questions and suggestions:
  • Which version of BIOS is installed?
  • Which slot is the Fenvi plugged into?
  • Have you tried moving Fenvi to another slot?
  • Have you tried CMOS Reset?
  • What other PCIe cards are installed?
  • How many NVMe SSDs are installed?
  • What are the makes/models of all NVMe SSDs?

That would be great. Will send the new BIOS to you.
Screen Shot 2021-06-23 at 13.31.53.png

:clap::clap::clap:

Bonjour @Inqnuam

Some questions :
This doesn't work before under Big Sur and without new BIOS ?
Are you able to connect to your ISP box with onboard Ethernet (I219 ans I211) ?

Have you tried flashing Thunderbolt firmware with DROM light in order to have ThunderboltPort7 enabled (Thunderbolt Native Host interface) ?

Do your built-in Ethernet ports connect?
Are you able to connect on your ISP box with Ethernet cable ?
Yes Sirs!

This doesn't work before under Big Sur and without new BIOS ?
It used to work on Catalina but not Big Sur!
Have you tried flashing Thunderbolt firmware with DROM light in order to have ThunderboltPort7 enabled (Thunderbolt Native Host interface) ?
my TB's current firmware is your modified firmware NVM33
Screen Shot 2021-06-23 at 14.10.55.png

Yes Sirs!

It used to work on Catalina but not Big Sur!

my TB's current firmware is your modified firmware NVM33
View attachment 522594
OK ! As I see on your ThunderboltDROM ...0x2C7... you don't have ThunderboltPort7 enabled :
With new BIOS, we don't have a ThunderboltDROM patched to enable TBTPort7. ThunderboltNhi driver uses found DROM and only update UID.

With light ThunderboltDROM, this driver remake all data of DROM with Apple Inc. name and enable Port7.
This light DROM look like :

Capture d’écran 2021-06-23 à 14.18.22.png

You can ask @CaseySJ to send it to you.

@CaseySJ, we could make a package with this new NVM33 firmware :)

OK ! As I see on your ThunderboltDROM ...0x2C7... you don't have ThunderboltPort7 enabled :
With new BIOS, we don't have a ThunderboltDROM patched to enable TBTPort7. ThunderboltNhi driver uses found DROM and only update UID.

With light ThunderboltDROM, this driver remake all data of DROM with Apple Inc. name and enable Port7.
This light DROM look like :

View attachment 522596

You can ask @CaseySJ to send it to you.

@CaseySJ, we could make a package with this new NVM33 firmware :)
@Inqnuam,

When we delete ThunderboltDROM from our SSDT, macOS then picks it up from the Titan Ridge firmware. That firmware does not have TB Port 7 enabled. But if we replace the firmware's DROM section with an "empty" DROM, then Apple's PEI/DXE Thunderbolt drivers will generate a fully functional DROM automatically.

So we just need to flash the attached modified NVM33. This one contains the so-called "empty" or "light" DROM.

Attachments

• DESIGNARE-Z390-NVM33-Elias64Fr-Apple-DROM.bin.zip
    268.6 KB · Views: 58
Back