Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Yes, Fenvi T919 in slot PCIEX1_2

And disableIOmapper = false ??

It's seems to be related to DMAR ACPI table or something like that...
@yosoyoco and any else have network issues after enabling AppleVTD,

Can you verify under MaciASL, if you have DMAR table appearing like that :

Capture d’écran 2021-06-23 à 07.20.48.png

and If don't have, under OpenCore Configurator, something like :

Capture d’écran 2021-06-23 à 07.27.04.png

hi, I have a problem, my Fenvi card prevents the computer's boot. When I remove it the boot goes well but when it is plugged in the computer lights up and comes off at the end of 1-2s. I do not understand why ... Thank for your help

Z390 Designare owned by @yosoyoco --> modified BIOS --> Intel i211, Intel i219, and Broadcom WiFi unable to connect with Vt-d enabled
  • Intel i9-9900K eight-core CPU
I have an Intel i9-9900KF, Fenvi and TB->Gigabyte Ethernet
I can give a try too

Can you verify under MaciASL, if you have DMAR table appearing
I also have the network errors and for me the DMAR table appears under MaciASL. Nothing is entered in the config.plist under "ACPI - Delete".

...as a quick note, on my ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe, the Thunderbolt-to-Gigabit Ethernet adapter works great. AVB included! It is connected to a Gigabyte Titan Ridge card. With unmodified firmware.

@CaseySJ

With BIOS modified firmware, I have tried booting to Windows, from cold boot and thunderbolt eGPU plugged before :
  • During post boot (prior OpenCore picker), eGPU discrete card (RX580) fans have increased speed ... good sign !
  • Few time after Windows desktop appearing, eGPU fans has shortly speedly spinned and then stopped
  • eGPU is connected and ready to go :)
Bad news are :
  • when I have both thunderbolt Ethernet and eGPU devices connected (Port 1 and 2) before boot, due to a lack of memory ressources : both can't connect under Windows (only one device at same time works)
  • Hot plug doesn't work (maybe something to do on SSDT... this may solve previous point)
  • From a warm boot and eGPU already plugged, Opencore doesn't boot, I have black screen with a white cursor > System seem to be stucked

Last edited:
I also have the network errors and for me the DMAR table appears under MaciASL. Nothing is entered in the config.plist under "ACPI - Delete".

...as a quick note, on my ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe, the Thunderbolt-to-Gigabit Ethernet adapter works great. AVB included! It is connected to a Gigabyte Titan Ridge card. With unmodified firmware.
@maschinenwart

On your ASUS board, have you enabled AppleVTD ? Which macOS version have you installed ?

@maschinenwart @yosoyoco

if someone have some times, could you extract from Hackintool / Logs / Systems, all lines related to "IO80211Family". If there is too much lines .. 20 first lines would be sufficient

Yes, it is enabled...

Catalina V. 10.15.7 (19H1217)

...the Log from Z390
Apple Thunderbolt-to-Gigabit Ethernet adapter has always worked in Catalina even without Vt-d. It fails, however, under Big Sur unless Vt-d is enabled.

I have an Intel i9-9900KF, Fenvi and TB->Gigabyte Ethernet
I can give a try too
That would be great. Will send the new BIOS to you.

Back