Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

• Do you have the Fenvi FV-T919?
  • If so, which slot is it in? Is it in the short PCIe x1 slot?
Yes, Fenvi T919 in slot PCIEX1_2
Yep, last stable IntelMausiEthernet 1.0.6
And disableIOmapper = false ??

It's seems to be related to DMAR ACPI table or something like that...

Last edited:
Yes, Fenvi T919 in slot PCIEX1_2

And disableIOmapper = false ??

It's seems to be related to DMAR ACPI table or something like that...
Out of curiosity, which USB header do you have your Fenvi card plugged into?

Enabling VTD, ethernet and wifi stay disconnected. No wifi kexts.

Ok, I post my reply with my phone because I have no more ethernet/wifi with vtd enabled. Finally, my orion32+ works on z390 F9i original firmware, with vtd enabled.

Yes, that’s where I have it. Was the modified BIOS you’re running intentionally changed to allow for the Fenvi card to work? Or is that a behavior you’re seeing as a result of the previous work?

@CaseySJ I don't have any audio devices or that BIOS you're testing, but I decided to see what happened if I enabled Vt-D on my build. I was turning it off with DisableIoMapper and leaving it on in the BIOS.

With it fully enabled, both built in ethernet ports break as well as my Fenvi Wi-Fi. The Aquantia 10Gbps NIC in my Z390 doesn't break though.

The 2 built in ethernet ports stay at "not connected", and they swap positions every few seconds if I watch the list of interfaces in network settings.
On my Gigabyte Z490 Vision D with ...
  • Big Sur 11.5 Beta 3
  • Fenvi FV-T919 in PCIe x1 slot
  • Vt-d enabled (AppleVTD)
  • Standard Gigabyte F5 BIOS
  • DisableIoMapper turned off
  • "dart=0" removed from boot-args
... I observe the following behavior:
  • Apple Thunderbolt-to-Gigabit Ethernet adapter works
  • Fenvi WiFi does not detect any SSIDs and does not connect
    • Driven by AirPortBrcmNIC.kext (native)
    • The crossed-out symbol appears on the icon in menu bar after several failed connection attempts
    • No connection is established
  • Built-in Intel i219 Ethernet port:
    • Driven by IntelMausi.kext; the (non-native) kext is loaded and attached
    • The port tries to establish an Ethernet connection
    • The yellow and orange LEDs on the Ethernet port blink momentarily and then turn off; then cycle again
    • No connection is established
  • Built-in Intel i225-V Ethernet port (2.5Gbps)
    • Driven by AppleInteli210Ethernet.kext (native)
    • The port works perfectly
This message posted from Z490 Vision D with Vt-d enabled and Intel i225-V connected.

It would be interesting to, prior save your BIOS profil on disk drive (EFI drive or other FAT32 drive) to recover all BIOSs setting at the end, then :
  1. make a NVRAM reset, then cold boot and verify if network back to life
  2. If not, make a Clear CMOS (shorting few second on mother board the following shunt indicated by red arrow), then cold boot and verify if network back to life
View attachment 522554
@yosoyoco,

Have you tried these suggestions?

** Experiment Update #2 **
AppleVTD and Apple Gigabit-to-Ethernet Adapter Problems FIXED

@Elias64Fr has done it again! The Apple Gigabit-to-Ethernet adapter -- which supports AVB -- is now functional in Big Sur. It was necessary to solve the AppleVTD puzzle, which has now been done.

We are working to determine the exact configuration necessary for this, and will provide details later. This is a significant step forward in making Thunderbolt on Hackintosh behave more like that on a real Mac.

View attachment 522511View attachment 522510
Interim Update #2A:
  • AppleVTD is enabled by:
    • Enabling Vt-d in BIOS Setup
    • Unchecking DisableIoMapper in Kernel section of config.plist
    • Removing dart=0, if present, from boot-args
  • Results:
    • Apple Thunderbolt-to-Gigabit Ethernet adapter works in Big Sur (including AVB)
    • Antelope Audio Thunderbolt interfaces work finally
    • Other problematic devices may also work (need to be tested)
  • Side-effects:
    • Fenvi (or Broadcom) WiFi will be unable to find wireless networks and unable to connect to a wireless network (driver will load)
      • Bluetooth is okay
    • Intel i219 Ethernet port driven by IntelMausi kext will be unable to connect (driver will load)
    • Intel i211 Ethernet port driven by SmallTreeIntel kext will be unable to connect (driver will load)
  • Ethernet devices that will work:
    • Intel i225-V Ethernet port will continue to work
    • Aquantia 10Gbps Ethernet cards will continue to work
  • However:
    • Z390 Designare owned by @Elias64Fr --> modified BIOS --> everything works with Vt-d enabled
      • Intel i5-9600K six-core CPU
    • Z390 Designare owned by @CaseySJ --> modified BIOS --> everything works with Vt-d enabled
      • Intel i5-9600K six-core CPU
    • Z390 Designare owned by @Inqnuam --> modified BIOS --> everything works with Vt-d enabled
      • Intel i9-9900KF eight-core CPU
    • Z390 Designare owned by @yosoyoco --> modified BIOS --> Intel i211, Intel i219, and Broadcom WiFi unable to connect with Vt-d enabled
      • Intel i9-9900K eight-core CPU
    • Z390 Designare owned by @NCMacGuy --> modified BIOS --> Intel i211, Intel i219, and Broadcom WiFi unable to connect with Vt-d enabled
      • Intel i9-9900K eight-core CPU
    • We are going to focus on this for now
Open Question:

Last edited:
IDK if this helps, but VTD seems to be working for me with both i211, i219, and WiFi/Bluetooth working and connecting in Mojave.
EDIT: @CaseySJ should I hunt for a special revision or batch number on my Z390? Would you like a copy of my BIOS, BIOS setup file, and OC070 bundle? LMK...

Attachments

• VTD and WiFi.png
    VTD and WiFi.png
    453.8 KB · Views: 72
  • i211 SmallTree working.png
    i211 SmallTree working.png
    300.9 KB · Views: 78
  • i219 working.png
    i219 working.png
    312.1 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
Back