Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Correct. Turns out that after enabling Vt-d in BIOS and removing dart=0 from boot arguments, we forgot to uncheck DisableIoMapper in Kernel section of config.plist. This was the missing piece. So all three of these have to be done:
  • BIOS Setup --> Enable Vt-d
  • Boot Arguments --> Remove "dart=0"
  • Kernel Section --> Uncheck "DisableIoMapper"

View attachment 522516View attachment 522517
Interesting!

When I disable I0Mapper I get AppleVTD but lose my BRCM4360! ARPT still loads but I've got the slash across the wifi symbol. Investigating.

** Looking for one Antelope Audio owner willing to test new BIOS **

If you own an Antelope Audio Thunderbolt interface and ...
  1. You are running Mojave, Catalina, or Big Sur​
  2. You are using OpenCore​
  3. You are using Gigabyte Z390 Designare​
  4. Your Designare is running BIOS F9i (official version; download from here)​
... then we invite you to test a new Z390 Designare BIOS and slightly modified BIOS parameters and OpenCore config file. The goal is to see whether Antelope Audio drivers will recognize and work on your Z390 Designare Hackintosh.

Interesting!

When I disable I0Mapper I get AppleVTD but lose my BRCM4360! ARPT still loads but I've got the slash across the wifi symbol. Investigating.
On the Gigabyte Z390 Designare, the Fenvi FV-T919 is still fully functional:
Screen Shot 2021-06-22 at 9.43.13 AM.png

** Looking for one Antelope Audio owner willing to test new BIOS **

If you own an Antelope Audio Thunderbolt interface and ...
  1. You are running Mojave, Catalina, or Big Sur​
  2. You are using OpenCore​
  3. You are using Gigabyte Z390 Designare​
  4. Your Designare is running BIOS F9i (official version; download from here)​
... then we invite you to test a new Z390 Designare BIOS and slightly modified BIOS parameters and OpenCore config file. The goal is to see whether Antelope Audio drivers will recognize and work on your Z390 Designare Hackintosh.
Interested

Last edited:
Interesting!

I'm having the same experience with these settings exactly. Apple Ethernet adapter is working, but the Fenvi card will not work. In fact, I'm seeing a message about the board in post, pre OpenCore.

Hmm, I just downloaded your EFI to see what you do for ARPT. Do you not use AirportBRCMFixup?
Correct -- we do not use AirportBrcmFixup because it's not needed for BCM94360 modules.

Correct -- we do not use AirportBrcmFixup because it's not needed for BCM94360 modules.

You know what, I think in an earlier OS version I couldn't access the Handoff option in settings without device ARPT so I used the kext to do that. I just checked my settings and whattayaknow, Handoff option is there without the kext. Thanks for the tip.

Interested
I see you edited your post! :)
  • With original BIOS, but Vt-d enabled, your Antelope Audio device connects, but Ethernet fails?
  • If so, can you please connect the Antelope Audio device and provide a screenshot of an application that shows it is working?
  • Also please run IORegistryExplorer and scroll down to RP05 section (do not use 'search') and post a screenshot of either DSB1 or DSB4 where the Antelope device is connected.

I'm having the same experience with these settings exactly. Apple Ethernet adapter is working, but the Fenvi card will not work. In fact, I'm seeing a message about the board in post, pre OpenCore.
Attached is the config.plist from my Z390 Designare (with DisableIoMapper unchecked and dart=0 removed). Please see if you can spot any meaningful differences between this file and your file.

Attachments

• config-casey-z390-designare-vt-d.plist
    25.7 KB · Views: 58
Back