Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

I want to hide all EFI partitions
I was able to make the macOS EFI disappear, but now my CCC copy's EFI is visible
I'm not aware of an easy way to hide this. It may be possible to obtain the UEFI path to that particular EFI partition (using EFI Shell) and enter that in Misc --> Entries, then uncheck the Enabled column. But I've never tried this.

By the way, this happens to me (and everyone) as well if the clone is attached. I just ignore it.

Thank you!
You can also read values from defaults (if they exist) with defaults read command:
Screen Shot 2021-06-21 at 01.43.59.png

@Inqnuam

So, I installed Catalina over Mojave on my 2nd system (GA-Z370 Aorus Gaming 7) and made a new EFI using the HackinDROM app and the EFI template for the Z370 Gaming Pro (OC 0.6.9) -the closest to my 2nd system mobo. After setting up the system definitions, etc., and changing the TB03 patch from RP05 to RP21, the system hangs on boot. Could you take a look at the Z370 EFI folder. I can't seem to crack the Z370.
Please and thank you.

Last edited:
** Experiment Update #2 **
AppleVTD and Apple Gigabit-to-Ethernet Adapter Problems FIXED

@Elias64Fr has done it again! The Apple Gigabit-to-Ethernet adapter -- which supports AVB -- is now functional in Big Sur. It was necessary to solve the AppleVTD puzzle, which has now been done.

We are working to determine the exact configuration necessary for this, and will provide details later. This is a significant step forward in making Thunderbolt on Hackintosh behave more like that on a real Mac.

Screen Shot 2021-06-22 at 8.52.00 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-06-22 at 8.51.41 AM.png

Interim Update #4:
  • We are trying to determine why Apple TB-to-Gigabit Ethernet adapter does not work in Big Sur.
  • Elias has narrowed it down to Vt-d.
  • On my Z390 Designare, enabling Vt-d, disabling DevirtualiseMmio, and removing boot argument dart=0 still fails to instantiate the AppleVTD device in IOReg.
  • But this works on Elias' Z390 Designare. Elias is not home at this time, so we'll wait to determine what other configuration differences there are between our two systems.

Just confirming, this is the Apple Thunderbolt2 to ethernet adapter, correct?

Just confirming, this is the Apple Thunderbolt2 to ethernet adapter, correct?
Correct. Turns out that after enabling Vt-d in BIOS and removing dart=0 from boot arguments, we forgot to uncheck DisableIoMapper in Kernel section of config.plist. This was the missing piece. So all three of these have to be done:
  • BIOS Setup --> Enable Vt-d
  • Boot Arguments --> Remove "dart=0"
  • Kernel Section --> Uncheck "DisableIoMapper"

Screen Shot 2021-06-22 at 9.20.28 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-06-22 at 9.20.55 AM.png

@Elias64Fr has done it again! The Apple Gigabit-to-Ethernet adapter -- which supports AVB -- is now functional in Big Sur. It was necessary to solve the AppleVTD puzzle, which has now been done.

We are working to determine the exact configuration necessary for this, and will provide details later. This is a significant step forward in making Thunderbolt on Hackintosh behave more like that on a real Mac.

View attachment 522511View attachment 522510
:headbang:
I don't know what AVB is and how it's important for someones, well, I hope that this work help someones to make Great music :D

Back