Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Ok! Thanks.

Hi, Im trying to build a USB Big Sur installer following official guide and tools. At boot I'm stuck in

[EB|#LOG:EXITBS:START]

Which has a section in troubleshooting page: https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore...rnel-issues.html#stuck-on-eb-log-exitbs-start

I have followed all the steps and I am still stuck in the same place.

What can I do now? Thanks

I put my folder here in case someone could help me:

I'm considering that you have read this thread's Post #1 and failed to create a bootable USB installer

If you only want to create a Big Sur USB installer with OpenCore boot loader for your Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard then please
  1. Create a bootable USB with macOS Big Sur installer following Apple's "How to create a bootable installer for macOS" guide.
  2. Then:
    • if you are on macOS Catalina or + have a look at Casey's HackinDROM App guide to Create New EFI.
    • If you are on Mojave or - then manually download Casey's EFI folder from this post. Generate config.plist from HackinDROM, see these steps or transfer your existing Serial Numbers following this guide into new OC config.plist
  3. Move HackinDROM's created EFI folder into USB installer's EFI partition.
  4. Configure your BIOS settings as Casey recommended in Post #1 (including updating BIOS to recommended version and disabling CFG-Lock from BIOS settings)
  5. Restart and select your USB installer to install macOS Big Sur.

Last edited:
Yup, also confirmed by checking my DHCP server (assigning set IP per MAC). Do the two ports always have very similar MAC addresses? Mine are identical except last digit.
Yes, same here

I'm considering that you have read this thread's Post #1 and failed to create a bootable USB installer

If you only want to create a Big Sur USB installer with OpenCore boot loader for your Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard then please
  1. Create a bootable USB with macOS Big Sur installer following Apple's "How to create a bootable installer for macOS" guide.
  2. Then:
    • if you are on macOS Catalina or + have a look at Casey's HackinDROM App guide to Create New EFI.
    • If you are on Mojave or - then manually download Casey's EFI folder from this post. Generate config.plist from HackinDROM, see these steps or transfer your existing Serial Numbers following this guide into new OC config.plist
  3. Move HackinDROM's created EFI folder into USB installer's EFI partition.
  4. Configure your BIOS settings as Casey recommended in Post #1 (including updating BIOS to recommended version and disabling CFG-Lock from BIOS settings)
  5. Restart and select your USB installer to install macOS Big Sur.
The problem is now solved. I have to confess that it was all a mistake on my part. I built the EFI folder meticulously, but then rebooted the computer with the old EFI, on the hard drive, instead of the EFI from the USB installer.

Anyway, discovering Casey's tool for keeping Opencore up to date has been great news. Thanks for everything

The problem is now solved. I have to confess that it was all a mistake on my part. I built the EFI folder meticulously, but then rebooted the computer with the old EFI, on the hard drive, instead of the EFI from the USB installer.

Anyway, discovering Casey's tool for keeping Opencore up to date has been great news. Thanks for everything
Well, this is Inqnuam's tool that keeps our Opencore up to date, thanks Inqnuam.
But we can never thanks Casey enough... like 31851 times... so, thank you Casey.

Screen Shot 2021-06-20 at 6.20.26 PM.png
@CaseySJ
I had an issue of my macOS EFI showing on OC boot menu. "EFI-SAM-14L"
IMG_4453.jpg

I read on another post you made to reset CMOS. I performed the CMOS reset with a screw driver, reset the BIOS settings, then the EFI of my Clone drive is showing "EFI-SAM-34E"

IMG_4454.jpg

Any idea?

View attachment 522329

@CaseySJ
I had an issue of my macOS EFI showing on OC boot menu. "EFI-SAM-14L"
I read on another post you made to reset CMOS. I performed the CMOS reset with a screw driver, reset the BIOS settings, then the EFI of my Clone drive is showing "EFI-SAM-34E"

Any idea?
All you have to do is unmount your EFI partition through HackinDROM App, then you partition will be renamed back to EFI

Hey everybody. I have a dumb question. Re:
So do the "List of Overrides" mean adding lines to WhateverGreen's internals via PlistEditPro, etc? Or do the overrides go into the NVRAM<Boot-Args section?

All you have to do is unmount your EFI partition through HackinDROM App, then you partition will be renamed back to EFI
I want to hide all EFI partitions
I was able to make the macOS EFI disappear, but now my CCC copy's EFI is visible

Hey everybody. I have a dumb question. Re:
So do the "List of Overrides" mean adding lines to WhateverGreen's internals via PlistEditPro, etc? Or do the overrides go into the NVRAM<Boot-Args section?
Those are typed on the command line (Terminal). They just have to be typed once; the settings persist until they are explicitly changed.

Back