Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Success! Thanks so much for helping me out @CaseySJ and @Elias64Fr! Working computer in basically no time. Plus I learned a ton.
Kudos! It happened to me with my Z97 Hackintosh: BIOS boot loop but unfortunately, I had flashed the Ozmosis BIOS for my board. As I understand (now!) from your situation, the backup BIOS probably tried to kick in but it was never updated by me. To resume, backup BIOS was probably from too early a version in my understanding.

I RMA’ed the board and bought the same ´cause I didn’t want to suffer the wait. I still have the old MB in its box and the Z97 is still working with the replacement board.

They probably just reflashed (or replaced) the BIOS chip @Gigabyte.

Kudos! It happened to me with my Z97 Hackintosh: BIOS boot loop but unfortunately, I had flashed the Ozmosis BIOS for my board. As I understand (now!) from your situation, the backup BIOS probably tried to kick in but it was never updated by me. To resume, backup BIOS was probably from too early a version in my understanding.

I RMA’ed the board and bought the same ´cause I didn’t want to suffer the wait. I still have the old MB in its box and the Z97 is still working with the replacement board.

They probably just reflashed (or replaced) the BIOS chip @Gigabyte.
Mine's still under warranty, and I could've had it repaired, but that could take weeks. Also no Z390 Designare in stock anywhere near, and this board is so good for hackintoshing. Just so relieved today to wake up and see the computer peacefully asleep, but happy to wake up and start working. :D

Hello Elias,

When you say "copy them on same field on the downloaded BIOS firmware" do you mean the BIOS file I posted above, which was extracted using CH341a SPI ROM reader?

Once @Sapricot downloads the file, I'll remove it.
Hello @CaseySJ
late message… this GBe region copying is OK for your personal firmware as well as for Gigabyte website downloaded firmware. Better should be on a clean Gigabyte firmware (Nvram empty).

Success! Thanks so much for helping me out @CaseySJ and @Elias64Fr! Working computer in basically no time. Plus I learned a ton.
Once done, you only have to verify if you have recovered your 2 MAC address (intel 219 and intel 211 controllers) on network settings.

Once done, you only have to verify if you have recovered your 2 MAC address (intel 219 and intel 211 controllers) on network settings.
Yup, also confirmed by checking my DHCP server (assigning set IP per MAC). Do the two ports always have very similar MAC addresses? Mine are identical except last digit.

Referring back to the multiple GPU topic on this build, has anyone else tried using two identical dGPUs in this build? One for display, one for compute (PCIx4?) ? I was going to try 2 RX580's in compute mode. I'm using the SSDT-RX580.aml patch for the one but I'm hoping to use it for both cards if it'll work. Does anyone have any advice?

**Mini-Guide for Fresh Installation of Catalina 10.15.1 and Newer **
** Please do not quote this guide in any post -- use a link instead **

URGENT: To install Catalina 10.15.4 or newer, please follow the new mini-guide here.
9-Apr-2020: Do not use Clover 5109

Oh my goodness, thank you. I had accidentally deleted my EFI folder a few months ago with no backup. It took me forever to find this thread, but thank you so very much.

Hi, could I ask for help with OpenCore ad this hardware (Designare Z390 + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580) in this forum?

Ok! Thanks.

Hi, Im trying to build a USB Big Sur installer following official guide and tools. At boot I'm stuck in

[EB|#LOG:EXITBS:START]

Which has a section in troubleshooting page: https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore...rnel-issues.html#stuck-on-eb-log-exitbs-start

I have followed all the steps and I am still stuck in the same place.

What can I do now? Thanks

I put my folder here in case someone could help me:

Last edited:
Back