Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

@CaseySJ
Hi Casey,
I still haven't been able to get the system to be stable for OC 0.7.0 and Big Sur. 11.4.
I can log into the system, but then it freezes about 10 minutes after.
I tried with and without NVMeFix.kext disabled, no change, still freezes.

I used the ocvalidate from the Utilities of OC 0.7.0

I am indeed on OC 0.7.0

I reinstalled OC

I opened my clone's working EFI, and my main macOS EFI:
I noticed my OC 0.6.7 does not have an SSDT-EFI.aml. Is this required for OC 0.7.0?
And I saw boot-args "slide=0" is not in my new EFI.
Okay let’s look at other factors:
  • What is your BIOS version?
  • Do you have any third-party audio drivers such as those from UAD, MOTU, Focusrite, Presonus, etc.?
  • Do you have a Thunderbolt add-in-card in one of the PCIe slots? If so, has its firmware been flashed?
  • If you boot with OC 0.7.0 and at the OpenCanopy Picker select your 11.2.3 clone, does that system boot and work reliably? (Obviously the clone disk needs to be connected before system boots.)

Have you also deleted the NetworkPreferences plist file and rebooted? Even though en0 is present, there are a few too many Ethernet devices. Simply search this thread for “NetworkPreferences.plist” for procedure on how to delete.

If this also fails to remedy the App Store login problem, then unfortunately the only recourse is to contact Apple Tech Support. Just describe the problem without mentioning Hackintosh, and see if they can locate and fix the problem on the back end.
I owe you a beer. That did the trick. Blessings brother.

Okay let’s look at other factors:
  • What is your BIOS version?
  • Do you have any third-party audio drivers such as those from UAD, MOTU, Focusrite, Presonus, etc.?
  • Do you have a Thunderbolt add-in-card in one of the PCIe slots? If so, has its firmware been flashed?
  • If you boot with OC 0.7.0 and at the OpenCanopy Picker select your 11.2.3 clone, does that system boot and work reliably? (Obviously the clone disk needs to be connected before system boots.)
BIOS: F9j

I have a Roland Rubix22, but no drivers were required. I believe I needed a driver in Windows 10, but nothing needed for macOS

No thunderbolt add-in-cards, using the TB on board

Yeah, if I boot OC 0.7.0 EFI, I can log into the Clone drive just fine and doesn't crash

BIOS: F9j
Have you seen this?
Screen Shot 2021-06-12 at 2.49.48 PM.png

I have a Roland Rubix22, but no drivers were required. I believe I needed a driver in Windows 10, but nothing needed for macOS

No thunderbolt add-in-cards, using the TB on board

Yeah, if I boot OC 0.7.0 EFI, I can log into the Clone drive just fine and doesn't crash
Good, now we know OpenCore 0.7.0 is okay. Please install one of the recommended BIOS versions and configure BIOS parameters again.
Screen Shot 2021-06-11 at 11.07.37 AM.png

If the problem persists after that, then let's look at these questions:
  • Were any applications installed after the 11.2.3 clone was made? In other words, are there any new applications on the 11.4 drive that don't exist on the 11.2.3 drive?
  • Similarly, were any drivers installed after the 11.2.3 clone was made? In other words, are there any new drivers on the 11.4 drive that don't exist on the 11.2.3 drive?
  • When you upgraded from 11.2.3 to 11.4, did the upgrade process crash or abort, and you simply rebooted and tried to resume the upgrade?
  • Are you using two graphics cards (RX 580 and WX7100)? Have you considered disconnecting the WX7100 temporarily?
  • When the system crashes, does it produce a crash report (on the next reboot)? If so, please post that report.

I owe you a beer. That did the trick. Blessings brother.
Glad you figured it out. I typed my reply while I was out of the house and mistakenly said "NetworkPreferences.plist" when in fact it is NetworkInterfaces.plist. Oops...

Last edited:
Have you seen this?
View attachment 521611

Good, now we know OpenCore 0.7.0 is okay. Please install one of the recommended BIOS versions and configure BIOS parameters again.
View attachment 521612

If the problem persists after that, then let's look at these questions:
  • Were any applications installed after the 11.2.3 clone was made? In other words, are there any new applications on the 11.4 drive that don't exist on the 11.2.3 drive?
  • Similarly, were any drivers installed after the 11.2.3 clone was made? In other words, are there any new drivers on the 11.4 drive that don't exist on the 11.2.3 drive?
  • When you upgraded from 11.2.3 to 11.4, did the upgrade process crash or abort, and you simply rebooted and tried to resume the upgrade?
  • Are you using two graphics cards (RX 580 and WX7100)? Have you considered disconnecting the WX7100 temporarily?
  • When the system crashes, does it produce a crash report (on the next reboot)? If so, please post that report.

I flashed the BIOS to F9i modified, and it's fixed :)
Thanks for always being there @CaseySJ

The two monitor issue is back from OC 0.6.7 on my Clone, and OC 0.7.0.
Unless I am missing a possible .kext
I did some research for the issue with turning off a second display, and having it disconnect and move the open applications to the active monitor was actually broken from Big Sur not OC
Just updating.

Hello all. I did a fresh install of Catalina using the Micro-Guide: Installing Catalina Using OpenCore
Since install most things seem to be okay until I do a restart or let the screen go to sleep. If either of these happen, my screen goes on and of almost rhythmically & my cursor goes to the upper left corner of the screen if I’m not moving it. If I shutdown and boot back up, the issue doesn’t happen unless I restart or if my screen sleeps.

2nd thing is when I open OpenCore Configurator, I tells me my boot loader is outdated. I attached some screenshots and my config.

Thanks for all you all do here.
Also my platforminfo is empty, should I just enter it manually and save my config? F9g bios

Attachments

• config.plist
    24.5 KB · Views: 47
  • Screen Shot 2021-06-12 at 6.42.41 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-06-12 at 6.42.41 PM.png
    521.3 KB · Views: 43
  • Screen Shot 2021-06-12 at 10.17.53 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-06-12 at 10.17.53 PM.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 40
Hi @CaseySJ

My first pre-beta testing customised firmware is ready, it include minimum PEI/DXE add-on, not DSDT and SSDT patches and no structure modification, you keep all you have now.

It is based on my last submitted firmware with last CPU MicroCodes :)

Hi @CaseySJ

My first pre-beta testing customised firmware is ready, it include minimum PEI/DXE add-on, not DSDT and SSDT patches and no structure modification, you keep all you have now.

It is based on my last submitted firmware with last CPU MicroCodes :)
Awesome — will test the new BIOS today!!

Back