Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Attachments

• HEVC Encoding.png
    HEVC Encoding.png
    255.7 KB · Views: 83
@casey and Master Hack Folks

Is there any way you can further investigate getting the Apple to Ethernet adapter working on this motherboard in Big Sur, per my issue of running my pro audio avb sound in Big Sur. I doubled check and took my audio interface to my other machine, a Gigabyte Z370, and the same issue of the Thunderbolt not showing up in Ethernet port occurred. I even pluged it into the original Alpine Ridge one controller that had TB2 ports on it as well as 3. The devs reached out to Apple, and Apple said basically they wont help us cause where not using their hardware. I really want to avoid buying a additional Ethernet card. All of the options we talked about are $90 plus. I dont even think I have a option slot in my motherboard as I have an Avid HD card and a UAD card already in them as well as my AMD 5700. Again this sound card works flawlessly on Catalina.

Should maybe I post in the main forum if there is no viable option here although im sure there is a work around cause you guys are stellar!!!

I tried all the security tb options, no luck.
Thanks all for you help.

Original post:
@Elias64Fr may have a solution for the Apple Thunderbolt-to-Ethernet adapter in Big Sur. We may yet be able to take advantage of its AVB capabilities. Please see:
As soon as we have more information we'll post it.

Do you have iGPU enabled?
Yep. iGPU+RX-580. 19,1 and Big Sur. The AMD gets involved with FCPX timeline/background render and some transcodings, but not HEVC.
Exporting as a Master File/Apple Pro Res 4k is super fast. Like 6 seconds for a 60 second 4k clip. I haven't yet tested the latest FCPX update.

That’s much better!

Regarding App Store, simply search this thread for those keywords. One of the hits will be this:
I tried all the steps. I reset NVRAM, logged out of iCloud etc., and I still can't log into the App Store. My iMessages seems to work and FaceTime but not the App Store.

Any more ideas?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-06-12 at 10.04.22 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-06-12 at 10.04.22 AM.png
    531.4 KB · Views: 46
I tried all the steps. I reset NVRAM, logged out of iCloud etc., and I still can't log into the App Store. My iMessages seems to work and FaceTime but not the App Store.

Any more ideas?
Have you also deleted the NetworkPreferences plist file and rebooted? Even though en0 is present, there are a few too many Ethernet devices. Simply search this thread for “NetworkInterfaces.plist” for procedure on how to delete.

If this also fails to remedy the App Store login problem, then unfortunately the only recourse is to contact Apple Tech Support. Just describe the problem without mentioning Hackintosh, and see if they can locate and fix the problem on the back end.

Last edited:
@CaseySJ
Hi Casey,
I still haven't been able to get the system to be stable for OC 0.7.0 and Big Sur. 11.4.
I can log into the system, but then it freezes about 10 minutes after.
I tried with and without NVMeFix.kext disabled, no change, still freezes.

I used the ocvalidate from the Utilities of OC 0.7.0
Screen Shot 2021-06-12 at 4.01.24 PM.png

I am indeed on OC 0.7.0
Screen Shot 2021-06-12 at 4.03.00 PM.png

I reinstalled OC
Screen Shot 2021-06-12 at 4.03.36 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-06-12 at 4.04.03 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-06-12 at 4.04.16 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-06-12 at 4.04.26 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-06-12 at 4.04.36 PM.png

I opened my clone's working EFI, and my main macOS EFI:
I noticed my OC 0.6.7 does not have an SSDT-EFI.aml. Is this required for OC 0.7.0?
And I saw boot-args "slide=0" is not in my new EFI.

@CaseySJ
Hi Casey,
I still haven't been able to get the system to be stable for OC 0.7.0 and Big Sur. 11.4.
I can log into the system, but then it freezes about 10 minutes after.
I tried with and without NVMeFix.kext disabled, no change, still freezes.

I used the ocvalidate from the Utilities of OC 0.7.0
View attachment 521598

I am indeed on OC 0.7.0

I reinstalled OC
Is it stable with another macOS version, or OpenCore version?
Have you tried another SSD ?

Is it stable with another macOS version, or OpenCore version?
Have you tried another SSD ?
Yeah, I have a Clone (OC 0.6.7, and Big Sur 11.2.3) running stable from before updating

Back