Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

General YMMV Tip: I now have my system in permanent verbose-boot mode. I'm also running the system SSD from a BMD Multidock so that I can differentiate extended task activities from a true freeze:
With the BMB MD2.png

** Mini Guide for Configuring OpenIntelWireless Drivers in OpenCore **
Please do not quote this guide in its entirety. Post a link or excerpt instead.​

Can someone let me know how to populate config.plist --> Kernel in open core with the kexts after putting them in the kext folder?

Thanks

Can someone let me know how to populate config.plist --> Kernel in open core with the kexts after putting them in the kext folder?

Thanks
The mini-guide you quoted already answers this question for the AirportItlwm drivers. Please use OpenCore Configurator as described in the mini-guide.

The mini-guide you quoted already answers this question for the AirportItlwm drivers. Please use OpenCore Configurator as described in the mini-guide.
Thanks I was rather dense / didn't realize I could click in the fields and add after depressing the plus button

Thanks I was rather dense / didn't realize I could click in the fields and add after depressing the plus button
I would recommend the 1.3.0-stable driver. Latest 2.0.0-alpha does not maintain stable connection to WiFi network.

Try CMOS Reset and configure BIOS parameters again, starting with F7 (Load Optimized Defaults). Be sure to disable CFG-Lock as well.
@CaseySJ Thanks Casey, I reset BIOS ... Solved !!!!

I would recommend the 1.3.0-stable driver. Latest 2.0.0-alpha does not maintain stable connection to WiFi network.
Thanks I have tried implementing these but get the static Apple logo, and it doesn't load. Could I ask you to take a look and see if there is an error here? It's a new install, and I haven't logged into iMessage. I tried misc security under default , disabled and iMac Pro.

Attachments

• EFIamd.zip
    29.1 MB · Views: 46
  • Screen Shot 2021-05-23 at 9.56.43 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-05-23 at 9.56.43 PM.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 44
  • Screen Shot 2021-05-23 at 9.56.52 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-05-23 at 9.56.52 PM.png
    681.4 KB · Views: 44
…and with two Radeon VIIs, I’m sure you’ll dethrone my machine

Hey that sounds really good! If it works for Resolve only I'm a happy camper! Do you remember what SSDT's I need to disable in OpenCore? @CaseySJ Maybe you still remember? My config.plist is still attached in my original post.
I see the ever generous, Casey, replied, Weerik...

If that's still unclear, I disabled SSDT-Z390-DESIGNARE-TB3HP-4.aml AND SSDT-TB3-HackinDROM.aml. I 'think' the latter one is really only for those who have flashed their Thunderbolt chips anyway. Lastly, I'm using a Sonnett eGFX 650.

Good luck,
J

@CaseySJ just wanted to add a little info for the audio guys here, I ended up going back to Mojave but now I have a fully functional Catalina nvme and a 5700xt when I have some money to spare and can fully upgrade.

everything works, thunderbolt included interfaces except for this:

1) Protools 2019 has some serious issues on Catalina and I can't do the 600€ upgrade to the new version for now to see if it works, videos are not working so it's useless for me (got a perpetual license)

2) Access Virus TI - forget about it the developer seems in an abandonware state for the total integration, they are looking for developers, it just doesn't send midi data to Catalina but it receives, you have to use the analog audio outputs, but it's not a big deal as protools

3) Moog Subsequent software, it works but has some strange issues with the pitch wheel, also not a big deal.

4) Wine doesn't work but it's not really a problem I have a dual booting windows machine

5) all the 32 bit plugins and 32lives will not work, I can't purchase atm the new plugin versions of Antares and some other stuff to test the new versions

6) 20% of my video plugins for AE and Final Cut including REDcode needs to be upgraded and it requires cash :lol:

If someone here has a functional protools with video playback on Catalina, Premiere, and After Effects it would be good to hear from you, so as the new Antares and REDcode suite users, if everything works for you I just need to pay and do the full jump.

Ps @CaseySJ is there really no way to get the 5700xt to work on Mojave?

Users of Avid ProTools, Adobe Premiere, Adobe After Effects, Antares Auto-Tune / AVOX, REDCODE Codec

If you use any of the above software/plugins in Catalina on any Hackintosh (regardless of motherboard or CPU type) please let us know if everything works. If so, which version of the software are you using?

Back