Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Theres anything I must know before updating to 11.4 ? Thunderbolt compatibility or something else?
View attachment 519126
Nothing to change! Simply update to 11.4 from Software Update. But if you wait a day you can update to 11.5 Public Beta 1 instead. :)

Nothing to change! Simply update to 11.4 from Software Update. But if you wait a day you can update to 11.5 Public Beta 1 instead. :)
As I'm into deep development phase, I would prefer having something sure.

Just curious on your process for getting the commander to show up in iCue for MacOS. I'm able to block the UPS via the kext, and I can control fans though liquidctl and rgb through OpenRGB, but it would just be even better to use the native app as you have. Any help or tips on what has worked or not worked for you would be great!

Hi @OOBIDUB,

I pass through all of the devices to Windows 10 running in VMware Fusion on OSX. I don’t use any of them natively.

Lam

A while back I posted regarding a weird lag after roughly 7 minutes on a video in a Black Magic Thunderbolt Ultrastudio HD. It turns out it wasn't the Thunderbolt firmware that was doing that. I upgraded my system OS from a Samsung EVO 790 plus to a Sabrent Rocket and finally my lag disappeared. It is probably due to the Phoenix TRIM function not working correctly. Just wanted to let you know that this weird issue was solved because of my system OS.

Hey Gang, A little bit of a weird question, but how can I pass a PCIE device through so that Mac OS can see it?

In particular, I am running a stable OC 0.6.8 system on 11.3.1 and have an LSI 9207 that I have connected to a bunch of extra Bluray Drives that I need for a project. Windows has no issues seeing the drives, but I assume that I need to manually change something in my config file to do this. Is there some ID or number I can get from Hackintool or other to get this through?

Thanks as always.

Hey Gang, A little bit of a weird question, but how can I pass a PCIE device through so that Mac OS can see it?

In particular, I am running a stable OC 0.6.8 system on 11.3.1 and have an LSI 9207 that I have connected to a bunch of extra Bluray Drives that I need for a project. Windows has no issues seeing the drives, but I assume that I need to manually change something in my config file to do this. Is there some ID or number I can get from Hackintool or other to get this through?

Thanks as always.
Cant you see it in IORegistryExplorer ?

@Inqnuam, Thank you, thats the tool I was thinking of.

I can't seem to decipher exactly how to find the specific device. Nothing readily identifies as an LSI device or as a SAS/SATA expander. I could switch over to windows and grab some information on the device, but I am not sure how to associate.

Does anyone have USB issues with OpenCore 0.6.9 and Big Sur 10.3.1 EVEN WITH USB definition?
I tried both with the aml file and the kext file made with Hackintool. But, after the update to Big Sur 10.3.1, no USB are working on XHC.
I use USBInjectAll.kext V 0.7.5

Thanks a lot.

@Inqnuam, Thank you, thats the tool I was thinking of.

I can't seem to decipher exactly how to find the specific device. Nothing readily identifies as an LSI device or as a SAS/SATA expander. I could switch over to windows and grab some information on the device, but I am not sure how to associate.
Try analyzing "IOService:/AppleACPIPLatformExpert/PCI0@0" tree with and without your PCI device connected
Screen Shot 2021-05-20 at 17.10.54.png

Hello @CaseySJ, Is there an OpenCore version of yours for this computer setup? (actually, I am now on i9900k) I am sure many have already asked. Thanks

Back