Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Yes, the app for Mojave, right? Great app, for some reason I always had trouble copying my systemid etc before, not using HackinDROM.
Unfortunately the app is Not available for Mojave :(

I get these

Calibrating delay loop... delay loop is unreliable, trying to continue OK.
No EEPROM/flash device found.
Note: flashrom can never write if the flash chip isn't found automatically.

/////////////

Calibrating delay loop... OK.
No EEPROM/flash device found.
Note: flashrom can never write if the flash chip isn't found automatically.
Some suggestions:
  • Most important: Do not lose patience. Take a day or two off if needed. That allows us to replay the procedure in our mind (i.e. mentally double check all steps.
  • Double check all wiring and orientation of the clip. Ensure pin 1 is going to the little dot embossed on the chip.
  • Flip power switch on PSU to off position or pull PSU power cable from the wall. And connect all 8 pins from the 3.3V CH341a to the SOIC clip. Double check all pin connections.
  • Make sure the SOIC clip swallows the Winbond chip. Always attach and detach the clip gently and in a perpendicular direction to the chip. Moving the clip sideways near the motherboard can dislodge nearby components.
Also we should not use a USB hub unless it is a self-powered hub. The 3.3V programmer should be connected directly to the computer.

Hi,

Sinds the last two OC updates (done my HackinDROM0) I have some strange issues:
- Numbers does not open documents
- Lightroom Classic cannot open it library
- Apple Music skips songs
- Bluetooth is disabled and cannot be enabled (
1621264882143.png
)

The first three points can be solved to restart the system
The last one is only fixable once after a restart with entering the BIOS. (I have a Fenvy card)

Is there something changed?
1621264849324.png

Thanx

Hi,

Sinds the last two OC updates (done my HackinDROM0) I have some strange issues:
- Numbers does not open documents
- Lightroom Classic cannot open it library
- Apple Music skips songs
- Bluetooth is disabled and cannot be enabled (View attachment 518858)

The first three points can be solved to restart the system
The last one is only fixable once after a restart with entering the BIOS. (I have a Fenvy card)

Is there something changed?

Thanx
Some suggestions:
  • Remove agdpmod=pikera from Boot Arguments because you have a Vega GPU instead of a NAVI GPU.
  • Check whether you are running BIOS F9g or F9i. Do not use F9j.
  • If you have a backup of the previous OpenCore EFI (0.6.7), try booting with that to see if these problems do or do not occur.
  • Regarding Bluetooth, it might be a good idea to perform a CMOS Reset, which then requires BIOS parameters to be configured again, starting with F7 (Load Optimized Defaults). Ensure also that BIOS --> Boot --> CFG Lock is Disabled.

Some suggestions:
  • Remove agdpmod=pikera from Boot Arguments because you have a Vega GPU instead of a NAVI GPU.
  • Check whether you are running BIOS F9g or F9i. Do not use F9j.
  • If you have a backup of the previous OpenCore EFI (0.6.7), try booting with that to see if these problems do or do not occur.
  • Regarding Bluetooth, it might be a good idea to perform a CMOS Reset, which then requires BIOS parameters to be configured again, starting with F7 (Load Optimized Defaults). Ensure also that BIOS --> Boot --> CFG Lock is Disabled.
1) removed, system acts faster now :)
2) f9i
3) not have a backup anymore, but try to emulate it later on.
4) done, but BT is still not found. Wifi is working...

After the pikers and BIOS and CMOS reset, no issues with numbers etc. even after 6 restarts.

Will try BT in windows. Maybe a hardware issue.
[UPDATE] Windows sees the USB, but with a error: Device Descriptor Request Failed

Last edited:
A new OpenIntelWireless build was released earlier today. If you're using the 2.0.0-alpha driver simply download the latest version, rename the file, and replace the existing file in OC/Kexts.

How to rename files:
  • After downloading the Big Sur version, rename it to AirportItlwm-Big-Sur.kext
  • After downloading the Catalina version, rename it to AirportItlwm-Catalina.kext
  • After downloading the Mojave version, rename it to AirportItlwm-Mojave.kext
Click here for more detailed instructions (if needed).

Screen Shot 2021-05-17 at 1.54.18 PM.png

UPDATE: This build seems to drop WiFi connections regularly. Not recommended.

Last edited:
@CaseySJ Hi, you recommend in post #16393 for the TitanRidge PCI-Card (v1) the macos-Firmware for 11.3 and up. Any reason for this? I am still on Catalina but think about BigSur...

@CaseySJ Hi, you recommend in post #16393 for the TitanRidge PCI-Card (v1) the macos-Firmware for 11.3 and up. Any reason for this? I am still on Catalina but think about BigSur...
Hello @ol2003,

We found that the NVM23 we modified for GC-Titan Ridge works in Catalina, but not in the latest versions of Big Sur. Hence Big Sur users should flash the other firmware (by DSM2) that we uploaded to the Repository.

Back