Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Just tried to boot into Windows 10 from the "Picker" in OpenCore 069 and I can't seem to select anything.
My rig boots into Big Sur just fine after the timer runs out, but I'm not able to select anything.
I'm assuming it's something to do with the new Picker quirks.
My config.plist is a manually tweaked copy of CaseySJ's so I suppose I could have hosed it myself somehow..
Anyone know what's the trick?

Thanks in Advance.
What do you mean by “cannot select anything”?

The keyboard doesn't work. I can't change the "selection" from Big Sur to Win 10.
I'm using an Apple "Magic" keyboard. I tried plugging it in the USB (no magic) and that didn't resolve my issue.
Let’s check the following:
  • UEFI —> Input or AppleInpu
  • UEFI —> Drivers
Simply post screenshots of these sections using OpenCore Configurator.

Let’s check the following:
  • UEFI —> Input or AppleInpu
  • UEFI —> Drivers
Simply post screenshots of these sections using OpenCore Configurator.
I have added "OpenUsbKbDxe.efi" to the Drivers section as a possible fix (which didn't help).
I also removed "CrScreenshotDxe.efi" as I never use it.
Otherwise these sections should match the config.plist you posted in #30926.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-05-11 at 7.28.09 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-05-11 at 7.28.09 AM.png
    885.5 KB · Views: 44
I have added "OpenUsbKbDxe.efi" to the Drivers section as a possible fix (which didn't help).
I also removed "CrScreenshotDxe.efi" as I never use it.
Otherwise these sections should match the config.plist you posted in #30926.
Some questions:
  • Did the Apple Magic Keyboard work in OpenCore 0.6.8?
  • Does a different USB keyboard work in OpenCore 0.6.9?

Nope. They said it doesn’t matter if the firmware is flashed or not, and they said they need to remote control the computer. Honestly, for a price of a base Mac mini I don’t think it’s a fair trade.
So hundreds of dollars for a utility they don’t allow you to keep? @CaseySJ Did the person that reportedly tried this get a successfully modified TB3?

So hundreds of dollars for a utility they don’t allow you to keep? @CaseySJ Did the person that reportedly tried this get a successfully modified TB3?
Alas that person also balked at the idea of remote control and a high fee. I am not aware of anyone who has gone through the entire process.

Some questions:
  • Did the Apple Magic Keyboard work in OpenCore 0.6.8?
  • Does a different USB keyboard work in OpenCore 0.6.9?
Yes, the Apple Magic Keyboard worked in OC 0.6.8
I've tried the same keyboard plugged in via USB (no bluetooth) and it doesn't work in the 0.6.9 "picker".
I'll see if I can borrow another keyboard to test.

Yes, the Apple Magic Keyboard worked in OC 0.6.8
I've tried the same keyboard plugged in via USB (no bluetooth) and it doesn't work in the 0.6.9 "picker".
I'll see if I can borrow another keyboard to test.
It may be a good idea to re-check this keyboard in OpenCore 0.6.8. If it still works we should compare the UEFI --> Drivers section between 0.6.8 and 0.6.9.

It may be a good idea to re-check this keyboard in OpenCore 0.6.8. If it still works we should compare the UEFI --> Drivers section between 0.6.8 and 0.6.9.
Ok.

I booted with a cheap "Walmart" PC keyboard, and the OC .0.6.9 "picker" worked just fine. I was able to use the arrow keys to change the selection of Boot OS's.

I then rebooted with the Apple "Magic" Keyboard in OC 0.6.8 & 0.6.7, and the keyboard was unresponsive in the "picker". Which is odd, as I would have noticed this certainty before now as I boot Windows 10 about once a week.
Very strange for sure.

I don't see anything suspicious in the Config.plist files.

I have been into my BIOS settings last week. You don't think there's some setting in there that would cause this?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-05-11 at 11.07.14 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-05-11 at 11.07.14 AM.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 42
Back