Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Thanks - that worked! (I set OCC to 0.6.9 Development Version - I didn't see "Release" as an option.)
0.6.9 Release option will be in the next version of OCC in a day or two.

Warning 1:
Because this is the first large scale test of this app, please make a full bootable backup of your system before updating OpenCore. If the updated EFI folder fails to boot, you can always boot from the backup disk and manually copy your working EFI folder from the backup disk to the main disk.
** Guide to Using HackinDROM Application to Update OpenCore **
Please do not quote this guide in its entirety. Post a link instead

Any chance of making this app work on 10.14.6?

** Guide to Using HackinDROM Application to Update OpenCore **
Please do not quote this guide in its entirety. Post a link instead

Any chance of making this app work on 10.14.6?
Unfortunately there's no plan to support Mojave due to significant differences in the build environment. However, I have uploaded the config files for OpenCore 0.6.9 to the HackinDROM website. Mojave users can use CopyConfig feature of HackinDROM website as before.

Instructions:

Screen Shot 2021-05-03 at 2.48.41 PM.png

Hello everyone, sorry for this question. I'm looking for the latest update from Cathalina to Big sure. Any help will be fantastic. I need to update FCPX, and I can't.
My actual version is Cathalina 10.15.3 (19D76)
Thanks for all your hard work

Hi @CaseySJ,

I just wanted to follow up on the USB issues I was having a while ago. Basically, my SSL UF8 controller was freezing up all the USB ports.

I tried everything, and in the end the ONLY solution was an Inatek PCIe card (KT4004).

Basically, solution 1 found in the Best practices guide didn't work. I purchased a pluggable 10-port USB 2.0 hub but the freezes continued.

You may want to update the guide as keeping USB 2.0 and 3.0 devices separated or on a USB 2.0 hub plugged into HS09 or HS10 did not solve the issues - only using the PCI card to bypass the Intel controller altogether worked.

Also, it may be worth mentioning that most USB 2.0 devices work fine on the built-in USB 3 and 2 ports.

Out of the 11 USB devices I have tried, only 2 have given me issues - both are in fact USB 2.0 hubs with USB 1 devices attached and are the SSL UF8 and Qcon Pro X DAW controllers. As long as these devices are plugged into the PCI card the system is completely stable.

@CaseySJ, now the only issue is that when I go back to my custom USB Kext, the Bluetooth stops working. Are you able to modify this for me to disable the Fenvi ports and enable the bluetooth port?

I am not certain how to modify this.
  • Are you using Broadcom Bluetooth or Intel Bluetooth?
  • The USBPorts kext already disables HS12, where supposedly the Fenvi Broadcom Bluetooth was connected.
  • If you are using Intel Bluetooth, have you physically removed the Fenvi PCIe card?
  • The USBPorts kext already enables HS14, where Intel Bluetooth is connected.
Conclusion:
  • If you're trying to use Intel Bluetooth and the Fenvi card is physically removed, then your USBPorts kext is already set up correctly.

Hi @CaseySJ,

I just wanted to follow up on the USB issues I was having a while ago. Basically, my SSL UF8 controller was freezing up all the USB ports.

I tried everything, and in the end the ONLY solution was an inatek PCIe card (KT4004).

Basically, solution 1 found in the Best practices guide didn't work. I purchased a pluggable 10-port USB 2.0 hub but the freezes continued.

You may want to update the guide as keeping USB 2.0 and 3.0 devices separated or on a USB 2.0 hub plugged into HS09 or HS10 did not solve the issues - only using the PCI card to bypass the intel controller altogether worked.

Also, it may be worth mentioning that most USB 2.0 devices work fine on the built-in USB 3 and 2 ports.

Out of the 11 usb devices I have tried, only 2 have given me issues - both are in fact USB 2.0 hubs with USB 1 devices attached and are the SSL UF8 and Qcon Pro X DAW controllers. As long as these devices are plugged into the PCI card the system is completely stable.
I've added a reference to this post in the USB 2.0 Best Practices guide. Seems that Solution 2 worked in this case.

Hello everyone, sorry for this question. I'm looking for the latest update from Cathalina to Big sure. Any help will be fantastic. I need to update FCPX, and I can't.
My actual version is Cathalina 10.15.3 (19D76)
Thanks for all your hard work
Have you seen the Quick Reference spoiler at the top of Post 1?

Back