Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

HackinDROM app's code will become Open Source very soon!
View attachment 517226
@Inqnuam,

Please take your time -- no need to rush. I know there is a desire in the community to make this open source, but that does not mean you have to do it right away. Instead, do so when you are comfortable. We are not a raging mob yelling at you! :)

@CaseySJ, now the only issue is that when I go back to my custom USB Kext, the Bluetooth stops working. Are you able to modify this for me to disable the Fenvi ports and enable the bluetooth port?

I am not certain how to modify this.
Hi @CaseySJ -- Have you happened to have a chance to look over this USB kext?

** OpenCore 0.6.9 EFI for Designare Z390 **
Supports Mojave, Catalina and Big Sur
Please do not quote this post in its entirely. Use a link instead.

Update to OpenCore 0.6.9 using HackinDROM App
Available for both Broadcom WiFi/BT and OpenIntelWireless WiFi/BT

If making manual changes to OpenCore config.plist, please ensure that OpenCore Configurator is set to either 0.6.9 Development Version or 0.6.9 Release Version

This update includes:

1. OpenCore 0.6.9
2. IntelMausi 1.0.6
3. VirtualSMC 1.2.3
4. NVMeFix 1.0.7
5. AppleALC 1.6.0
6. Lilu 1.5.3

One of the improvements in OpenCanopy is display of version information:
03190233.png

For manual update purposes, the ZIP files are attached below.
  • File on the left is for Broadcom WiFi/BT (4.5MB).
  • File on the right is for Intel WiFi/BT (54MB).
Update: 5 May 2021: The ZIP for OpenIntelWireless EFI has been replaced with latest May 4th 2.0.0-alpha drivers.

Attachments

• OC-069-DESIGNARE-Z390.zip
    4.2 MB · Views: 321
  • OC-069-DESIGNARE-Z390-INTEL-WIRELESS.zip
    51.5 MB · Views: 172
Last edited:
Just completed the update from 0.6.8 to 0.6.9 using HackinDROM 1.3.5, per your guide in the previous post, @CaseySJ

I left all the HackinDROM settings as-is.

At re-boot, the Gigabyte splash screen showed this message:

OCS: Failed to parse string field as value with type boolean and <Auto> contents, context <CustomDelays> !

It then proceeded to boot into Big Sur and everything seems fine so far.

Anyone know what that means and what - if anything - I should do about it?

IMG_1492.JPG

Just completed the update from 0.6.8 to 0.6.9 using HackinDROM 1.3.5, per your guide in the previous post, @CaseySJ

OCS: Failed to parse string field as value with type boolean and <Auto> contents, context <CustomDelays> !

View attachment 517380

Same happened here a few hours ago.

You should open your config.plist and locate the UEFI > AppleInput > CustomDelays and change its class from String to Boolean.

Save and restart and everything will run fine.

;)

Same happened here a few hours ago.

You should open your config.plist and locate the UEFI > AppleInput > CustomDelays and change its class from String to Boolean.

Save and restart and everything will run fine.

;)
This may be an unforeseen issue with HackinDROM App. Will discuss with @Inqnuam soon.

Meanwhile:
  • The warning is okay. We can ignore it.
  • And we can also eliminate the warning by opening the config.plist in OpenCore Configurator (making sure it is set to 0.6.9 Development Version or 0.6.9 Release Version) and saving the file back.

Last edited:
This may be an unforeseen issue with HackinDROM App. Will discuss with @Inqnuam soon.

Meanwhile:
  • The warning is okay. We can ignore it.
  • And we can also eliminate the warning by opening the config.plist in OpenCore Configurator (making sure it is set to 0.6.9 Development Version or 0.6.9 Release Version) and saving the file back.
Thanks - that worked! (I set OCC to 0.6.9 Development Version - I didn't see "Release" as an option.)

Back