Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Hi @CaseySJ, I just reinstalled OC via Hackindrom (Z390 Designare + OpenIntelWireless), but it still had same issue after boot where WIFI was not working, couldn't find any networks or anything, and the Bluetooth was stating that it was not installed and could not be turned on
I am posting this from my Z390 Designare Test Bench running the OpenIntelWireless drivers in macOS 11.4 Beta 1.
  • WiFi
    • No issue with scanning for available networks
    • No issue connecting to my WPA2 protected home network
  • Bluetooth
    • No problem with Keychron K1 keyboard
    • But there is connection problem with Logitech Master MX 3 mouse
I have to ask: Have you connected the two-pole antenna to the two coaxial connectors on the rear IO panel?
Screen Shot 2021-04-28 at 5.37.34 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-04-28 at 5.37.30 AM.png

Last edited:
I’ve not faced any issues so far.

Unfortunately, I need to come back on this one. It seems that the two 2.0 USB ports on the front of my Fractal R6 case are not working anymore. The 3.0 USB ports are working fine. What do you advise @CaseySJ ?

Currently, I'm using this SSDT:

2021-04-28_15-57-50.png

It may be a good idea to Reset the Bluetooth module by Shift-Option-Clicking on the Bluetooth icon in menu bar. I have the Logitech MX Anywhere 3 mouse so I can test it later (will need to remove Fenvi, change EFI, and reboot).

Update: Just tested the Intel-based Bluetooth driver. Observations:
  • Keychron K1 keyboard --> no problem connecting and working
  • Logitech MX Master 3 --> connects to Bluetooth, but disconnects a second later despite both Reset the Bluetooth module and Remove all devices
View attachment 516712View attachment 516714View attachment 516715
Interesting. So you observe the same behavior as I do with Logitech products via the Bluetooth connection under MacOS. First the device connects and then disconnects a second later.
What's even crazier is that the Bluetooth connection under Windows 10 is absolutely stable and the other Bluetooth devices (e.g. JBL Pulse 2) also work. So it has to be related to the kext somehow.

I am posting this from my Z390 Designare Test Bench running the OpenIntelWireless drivers in macOS 11.4 Beta 1.
  • WiFi
    • No issue with scanning for available networks
    • No issue connecting to my WPA2 protected home network
  • Bluetooth
    • No problem with Keychron K1 keyboard
    • But there is connection problem with Logitech Master MX 3 mouse
I have to ask: Have you connected the two-pole antenna to the two coaxial connectors on the rear IO panel?
View attachment 516726View attachment 516725
Yes, I used the Gigabyte antenna to connect to the back. I just remembered that I am using a custom USB kext. Could that be why it’s not working? I’m not sure how to update the Fenvi ports to the other ports of the kext :/

Just so we're clear, this is the chip on the ASRock W480 Creator Thunderbolt daughterboard:View attachment 516710
This chip was a pain in the rear for me. I wish I had found that link before messing around with it.

My EX4 card has it, and I broke it somehow. Luckily, its off getting repaired now, and I was able to get the firmware off it on a rare successful set of reads.

Good job on being careful and doing the research. You love to see it.

Interesting. So you observe the same behavior as I do with Logitech products via the Bluetooth connection under MacOS. First the device connects and then disconnects a second later.
What's even crazier is that the Bluetooth connection under Windows 10 is absolutely stable and the other Bluetooth devices (e.g. JBL Pulse 2) also work. So it has to be related to the kext somehow.
I also have the issue with Logitech devices. MX Anywhere 3 and MX Keys for Mac are unusable with Intel BT on macOS.

Yes, I used the Gigabyte antenna to connect to the back. I just remembered that I am using a custom USB kext. Could that be why it’s not working? I’m not sure how to update the Fenvi ports to the other ports of the kext :/
First use the EFI provided in this thread as-is with no modifications except for PlatformInfo credentials.

Unfortunately, I need to come back on this one. It seems that the two 2.0 USB ports on the front of my Fractal R6 case are not working anymore. The 3.0 USB ports are working fine. What do you advise @CaseySJ ?

Currently, I'm using this SSDT:
Please post that USB SSDT and I'll take a look. Does it have a maximum of 15 ports defined (Package size = 0x1E)? And XhciPortLimit is disabled in config.plist?

First use the EFI provided in this thread as-is with no modifications except for PlatformInfo credentials.
EDIT: I fixed it.... I had to disable the two ACPI files :banghead:

@CaseySJ - Okay I just did that. I am at a complete loss as to why its not working. I turned off my custom kext and used your direct setup from HackinDROM, and still no success....

Screen Shot 2021-04-28 at 1.17.33 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-04-28 at 1.18.13 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-04-28 at 1.19.06 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-04-28 at 1.17.59 PM.png

IMG_7262.jpg

Last edited:
Back