Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

UPDATE: I re-ran the touch commands, restarted, and now those are gone.
So now you can boot both Mojave and Windows?

Hi @CaseySJ ,
Now my machine crashes whenever I do a "hot" unplug from Thunderbolt.
Attached is error report. Any ideas?
Also, I've set a thread for my motherboard/build, so I can stay out of this thread going forward.
Thanks!
Looks like it's crashing in VirtualSMC 1.2.2. Might be good to try an earlier version, perhaps one from several months ago.

Looks like it's crashing in VirtualSMC 1.2.2. Might be good to try an earlier version, perhaps one from several months ago.
seems like it is related to "PCIHotPlugTunnelRoot", any idea?

So now you can boot both Mojave and Windows?
YES!!! Thanks to your excellent work and help, and others here. Thank you all!!!

I'm doing backups of everything now.

Next project is flashing the TB 3 chip, as my Universal Audio equipment is not working well enough as is. Picking up a programmer tonight from my friend who turned me on to this thread and encouraged me to Hack my Z390.

Thanks again to everyone for all your help. Great people here. :headbang:

It's Open Core Configurator.

For direct, manual editing of config.plist, you can use ProperTree, but OCC is more convenient.
Awesome! Thank you @bobmeister for your time and help. So new to much of this and getting everything working my head is swimming. :crazy: I plan on learning all I can as quickly as possible, so posts like yours really help and are much appreciated. Thank you!!!

OK, going with 1.1.9

What do you have in "other submenu choices" ?
Discrete Thunderbolt(TM) Support ENABLED
(Enable or disable the Discrete Thunderbolt(TM) Support.)
Thunderbolt Boot Support DISABLED
(Enabled to allow booting from Bootable devices which are present behind Thunderbolt.)
Thunderbolt Usb Support DISABLED
(Enabled to allow booting from Usb devices which are present behind Thunderbolt.)
Titan Ridge Workaround for OSUP DISABLED
(Enable or disable Titan Ridge Workaround for OSUP.)
Security Level NO SECURITY
(This item allows you to choose a security level for the Thunderbolt ports.)

seems like it is related to "PCIHotPlugTunnelRoot", any idea?
What is "PCIHotPlugTunnelRoot" (besides a good name for a blue movie)?

I have this Designare build with the latest OpenCore version. I applied Casey's guides exactly and everything runs smoothly for more than a year now. There is only one issue with this build that I did not have with my earlier hackintosh based on a Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UHD3.
I have a PCI-E firewire card (link) and an RME Fireface 400 sound card attached to it. Once in a while, especially with Youtube videos, the sound starts to skip or feedback for a few seconds, sometimes I briefly see the location services prompt in the menu bar when this happens.
Any ideas or advise?

Back