Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

I've installed the Corporately Stable Asus GT 710, connecting my TV to the HDMI port. During the boot process, I get stuck at these two icons (cycling back and forth between them). @Gigamaxx or anyone know what they mean? I think something to do with the GPU hardware or even my TV, not OpenCore or anything related to hackintosh.

Attachments

• IMG_2130.jpeg
    IMG_2130.jpeg
    4.3 MB · Views: 40
  • IMG_2129.jpeg
    IMG_2129.jpeg
    4.3 MB · Views: 54
They mean that no keyboard or mouse has been detected, they are reminding you that if you have Bluetooth devices then you should switch them on.
Ha ha, d'oh! Those icons are inscrutable. I would never have scruted them. Thanks!

@ralphonz

I can provide a new USB SSDT that enables USB 2 protocol on both Thunderbolt ports. This will let you use the USB-C to USB-C cable.

If your computer has a front panel USB-C port, I can enable USB 2.0 on that as well, but it’s best to try and be of the Thunderbolt ports first.

Will send new SSDT soon.

Update:
  • Temporarily move the file EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/Patched/SSDT-UIAC-DESIGNARE-Z390-V7.aml to the EFI/CLOVER folder.
  • Copy the attached file to the EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/Patched folder.
  • Reboot.
  • And don't worry about the name of the attached file.
  • Then connect SSL UF8 via USB-C to USB-C cable to either of the two Thunderbolt ports.
  • Is the port any more or less stable?
Note that this SSDT prevents USB 2.0 devices from connecting to the two RED USB 3.1 Gen 2 ports on the rear IO panel.
Thanks for this Casey. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to have made a difference - USB freeze up after 10-15mins of running Logic Pro. But, at least I know it's not the cable!

I've deleted the Logic Pro Preferences, so it's rebuilt them, testing again now...

Hi CasexSj,
I am currently using an old hackintosh based on Ivy Bridge microarchitecture: Ga-Z77X-UD5H- + i7 3770 + MSI 560 Aero itx + Samsung 850 pro.

Finally, I decided to upgrade my system by following your build.

I already bought a Motherboard, Memory, Nvme, I do not plan to change my graphics card

So the system would be based on the following components:

MB: Gigabyte Z390 Designare

GPU: MSI RX 560 Aero ITX (officially "Apple supported RX-560 card“)
NVMe: Samsung 970 PRO

CPU: ?? I'm not sure which processor should I buy? i9-9900K or i7-9700K? In Germany, i9-9900K is more expensive than 9700K for approximately 80 €. Hyper-threading is not of crucial importance for me.

I don't use a computer to play games.

At first glance, it seems to me that the 9900K processor is a better choice because the same processor is used in iMac from 2019 -
https://everymac.com/systems/apple/...inch-aluminum-retina-5k-early-2019-specs.html.

To what extent I can use your build (your files) as the basis for making my own build because I have some different components (GPU) and maybe CPU if I buy 9900K?

Thank you in advance.

Hello @Ali,

Either the i9-9900K or i7-9700K will work, and both are great choices. I'm using the i7-9700K, but I would recommend buying the i9-9900K before those parts are discontinued. If the 80 Euro price difference is acceptable, the i9-9900K would be a better long term decision. If you sell it in the future, it will be more in demand than the i7-9700K (better resale value).

You may use the OpenCore 0.6.8 EFI to install macOS. The components you have listed are all supported by the EFI. Please consult the Quick Reference spoiler at the top of Post 1 for specific guides. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

CaseySJ,
Thank you for the quick response. I will listen to your advice and buy the i9-9900K. When I make the system I will follow your instructions carefully. I hope the transition will be pleasant.

Is there still advice that bios version F9j should be avoided?

Thank you again for your quick and helpful response.

CaseySJ,
Thank you for the quick response. I will listen to your advice and buy the i9-9900K. When I make the system I will follow your instructions carefully. I hope the transition will be pleasant.

Is there still advice that bios version F9j should be avoided?

Thank you again for your quick and helpful response.
Yes we should avoid F9j. @Elias64Fr has created a hybrid BIOS by incorporating the new microcode from F9j into F9i. The hybrid is available here:
Screen Shot 2021-04-22 at 3.23.39 PM.png

Thanks again for the quick response and clarification.

Back