Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

I'm sorry, but unfortunately it is not designed at all for macOS under Catalina.
As I'm new to macOS app development. I'm not planning to learn old version of dev tools to support Mojave because it is time taking task.
Why Catalina is not supported ? Because there's no break changes between Catalina and Big Sur so I considered that almost everybody updated from Catalina to Big Sur. But maybe I'll add Catalina support in a future version.
Understood. I'll add appropriate statement to the mini-guides.

I updated EFI folder and everything works fine. However I then made changes within OC Configuarator version 2.33.1.1 (0.6.8 Release Configuaration) and they caused a critical error when rebooting, couldn't get to OC bootloader screen.
All I did was change Boot Timeout time in MISC and Audio Volumes in the Audio UEFI.
Probably a bug?

Spoiler: Disable Wake from USB (Wake only with Power Button) For some applications it is necessary to disable wake from USB. Some Corsair and RME Audio devices connected to this motherboard can prevent sustained sleep. Thanks to @lambusser for finding a way to disable wake from USB. When this solution is applied, only the Power Button can wake the system.

Please see this post for details (or click here for micro-guide). The solution consists of two parts:
  1. Copy SSDT-GPRW.aml to the CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder. File is located in the referenced post.
  2. Add an ACPI rename to config.plist:
    • Comment: change Method(GPRW,2,N) to XPRW, pair with SSDT-GPRW.aml
    • Find: 4750525702
    • Replace: 5850525702
How this could be applied to OpenCore? I tried to do the following, but it does not work.

Снимок экрана 2021-04-07 в 01.52.01.pngСнимок экрана 2021-04-07 в 01.52.45.png

I updated EFI folder and everything works fine. However I then made changes within OC Configuarator version 2.33.1.1 (0.6.8 Release Configuaration) and they caused a critical error when rebooting, couldn't get to OC bootloader screen.
All I did was change Boot Timeout time in MISC and Audio Volumes in the Audio UEFI.
Probably a bug?
OpenCore Configurator 2.3.1.1 cannot be used because it changes “AppleEvent” from Builtin to OEM. You can manually edit the config.plist and change it back to “Builtin”.

Please note that the mini-guide says to wait for OpenCore Configurator 2.3.1.2

OpenCore Configurator 2.3.1.1 cannot be used because it changes “AppleEvent” from Builtin to OEM. You can manually edit the config.plist and change it back to “Builtin”.

Please note that the mini-guide says to wait for OpenCore Configurator 2.3.1.2

I don't mean to meddle in. But, IMO, just don't use OpenCore Configurator for one to two weeks after a new OpenCore release. Or don't use it at all.

Use something that is reported to be good by the majority.

I use Plist editor Pro or Smultron. But, I'm also a blind user, so it is much easier to use those tools over OC Configurator. It is not difficult to use Xcode plist editor, or Smultron etc. As long as you refer to the OC manual.

Don't take me wrong, the concept with these configurators is awesome, and it is good to let people do things easy, I guess. *click* and you're done with your config. But wait 1 or 2 weeks, especially if OC version got more functionality changes than the previous OC version. That is my opinion.

Last edited:
I don't mean to meddle in. But, IMO, just don't use OpenCore Configurator for one to two weeks after a new OpenCore release. Or don't use it at all.

Use something that is reported to be good by the majority.

I use Plist editor Pro or Smultron. But, I'm also a blind user, so it is much easier to use those tools over OC Configurator. It is not difficult to use Xcode plist editor, or Smultron etc. As long as you refer to the OC manual.

Don't take me wrong, the concept with these configurators is awesome, and it is good to let people do things easy, I guess. *click* and you're done with your config. But wait 1 or 2 weeks, especially if OC version got more functionality changes than the previous OC version. That is my opinion.
We’ve had very good experience with OpenCore Configurator, but with each monthly update of OpenCore, we test OpenCore Configurator and inform our users of any issues.

In this case we are asking users to wait for 2.33.1.2, but in fact we have two alternative methods now:

1. HackinDROM website for everyone
2. HackinDROM app for Big Sur

Hi @CaseySJ

Is OpenCore 0.6.8 is safe now with upgrade OpenCore 0.6.8 for my Z390 Designare ?

I have not latest version of BIOS.

Thanks.

Hi folks,

I'm having some USB woes, all the ports occasionally freeze when I'm using a SSL UF8 control surface. Thi used to happen with my ICON Qcon Pro control surface too so I'm fairly sure it's not the hardware.

I've started to do some digging and opened Hackintool to take a look at the USB ports, they're all listed twice and HS08 isn't dibbled which means there are 16 ports active. I feel like this could have something to do with the issue?

Screenshot 2021-04-07 at 15.06.00.png

Has anyone ever seen anything like this or know why this might be happening?

I've attached my EFI too in case I'm missing something important.

I tried using the "alternative USB port enumeration" by removing USBInjectAll, adding USBPorts.kext and replacing the SSDT-EC.aml but when I did so all my USB ports stopped working.

My build uses as i5-96000K Cpu but that is the only major difference. I'm using BIOS F6.

Hi @CaseySJ

Is OpenCore 0.6.8 is safe now with upgrade OpenCore 0.6.8 for my Z390 Designare ?

I have not latest version of BIOS.

Thanks.

BIOS doesn't really matter, you're safe to upgrade to 0.6.8. You can use HackinDROM as explained here:

And please also note this post:

Have fun!

Hi folks,

I'm having some USB woes, all the ports occasionally freeze when I'm using a SSL UF8 control surface. Thi used to happen with my ICON Qcon Pro control surface too so I'm fairly sure it's not the hardware.

I've started to do some digging and opened Hackintool to take a look at the USB ports, they're all listed twice and HS08 isn't dibbled which means there are 16 ports active. I feel like this could have something to do with the issue?

Has anyone ever seen anything like this or know why this might be happening?

I've attached my EFI too in case I'm missing something important.

I tried using the "alternative USB port enumeration" by removing USBInjectAll, adding USBPorts.kext and replacing the SSDT-EC.aml but when I did so all my USB ports stopped working.

My build uses as i5-96000K Cpu but that is the only major difference. I'm using BIOS F6.
Hello @ralphonz,

Two suggestions:
  • Click the Refresh button to remove duplicate ports from Hackintool
  • Also have a look at this post.
Screenshot 2021-04-07 at 15.06.00.png

Back