Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Hello Mr CaseySJ, :)
So I installed a 2.0 Titan Ridge GC card on my Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming without flashing it, but with an adequate SSDT (I guess !!!)
My LG Ultrafine 5K (Apple 1st generation) monitor is well recognized and functional, but my Samsung X5 NVMe SSD external drive (recognized in NVMe express system info and gone up on the desktop), freezes after a few seconds. This happens whether it is alone plugged into one of the Thunderbolt ports or with the LG Ultrafine also plugged in ...

An idea ? :)
Thank you in advance !!

PS : This Samsung X5 NVMe SSD works fine on my Gigabyte Z390 Designare with non-flashed Thunderbolt firmware...

PS 2 : After many reboots, plug-unplug of the device, it seems to be more stable with, I think, good performances (write : 1800; read : 2500 with Blackmagic Disk Speed Test)... But, when I try to use it as boot drive, it starts macOs and all is OK (finder...) but only for few minutes, after that, it freezes...

PS 3 : Sorry, but it's to be precise : now everything is OK... I don't know why... Maybe because now I have in system info-->PCI : pci144d,a808 contrôleur NVMe Express, gestionnaire installé : oui, logement :Thunderbolt@131,0,0 but I don't remember if I had it before (pict 2), when it wasn't working :confused:
I however think that my system is not perfect (OpenCore config 0.6.7 or only the SSDT). But, as often said, when it works, it works !!

And finally: is it possible to integrate this configuration into the HackinDROM app ?
My joy will have been short-lived (one day), the instability of the disc has indeed returned without me changing anything :confused:

I'm sorry if this is a question that has already been asked, but I have followed all of your guides from this forum, and I have a running machine on OpenCore 0.6.3. I wanted to update macOS so I followed your guide to OpenCore 0.6.6. But, when I plug in my USB, at first it finds the USB on the boot option. So I reset V-RAM, and then I can't find it in the motherboard possible boots. Any idea of why it's like this?

I'm sorry if this is a question that has already been asked, but I have followed all of your guides from this forum, and I have a running machine on OpenCore 0.6.3. I wanted to update macOS so I followed your guide to OpenCore 0.6.6. But, when I plug in my USB, at first it finds the USB on the boot option. So I reset V-RAM, and then I can't find it in the motherboard possible boots. Any idea of why it's like this?
@Tommygra01

I have experienced similar problems occasionally when a USB thumb drive didn't show up when using F12 at boot up.

First thing to try is to turn off power to the board for 10 seconds at the power supply switch, or from the wall. Then boot up again.

No luck? Then try putting the thumb drive in another port.

If that doesn't work, clear the board's CMOS by shorting the pins (#19 on page 24 of the User's Manual.) BEFORE DOING THIS SAVE YOUR WORKING BIOS SETTINGS AS THE BIOS IS RESET. OR LOAD THE DEFAULT VALUES AND FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS ON RESETTING THE BIOS TO THE REQUIRED VALUES FOR THIS HACK.

@Tommygra01

I have experienced similar problems occasionally when a USB thumb drive didn't show up when using F12 at boot up.

First thing to try is to turn off power to the board for 10 seconds at the power supply switch, or from the wall. Then boot up again.

If that doesn't work, clear the board's CMOS by shorting the pins (#19 on page 24 of the User's Manual.) BEFORE DOING THIS SAVE YOUR WORKING BIOS SETTINGS AS THE BIOS IS RESET. OR LOAD THE DEFAULT VALUES AND FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS ON RESETTING THE BIOS TO THE REQUIRED VALUES FOR THIS HACK.
Thank you very much. I'll try this later.

@Tommygra01

OpenCore's "Launcher Option" causes this when it's set to "Full". We actually set it to "Full" in order to prevent Windows and Linux from changing the 1st boot priority. But you can set this to "Disabled".

As @NCMacGuy pointed out, we can also perform a CMOS Reset to make the USB boot disk visible again.

Please advice; where can I read how to convert my existing CLOVER 5115 config.plist to latest OpenCore to run Big Sur? Should I manually copy Platform Info (serial, UUID etc.) from Clover plist. to OpenCore plist?

Please advice; where can I read how to convert my existing CLOVER 5115 config.plist to latest OpenCore to run Big Sur? Should I manually copy Platform Info (serial, UUID etc.) from Clover plist. to OpenCore plist?
Please see Quick Reference Spoiler:
Screen Shot 2021-03-31 at 3.16.37 PM.png

Please see Quick Reference Spoiler:
View attachment 513819
I didn't see that before... Post #1 is somewhat confusing, in that at the very top of the post is this:
Screen Shot 2021-03-31 at 4.40.14 PM.png

and the OpenCore mini-guides have a partial chain to the next one. I (and likely other people who don't know) will get lost, and not see the more complete list of mini/micro guides that are hidden until you click to expand them. It wouldn't surprise me if other people also miss that list. Maybe add a note to indicate the more complete list is below, or delete the partial list, or just move up the complete list to the top?

I didn't see that before... Post #1 is somewhat confusing, in that at the very top of the post is this:
View attachment 513822
and the opencore mini-guides have a partial chain to the next one, and I (and likely other people who don't know) will get lost, and not see the more complete list of mini/micro guides that are hidden until you click to expand them. It wouldn't surprise me if other people also miss that list. Maybe add a note to indicate the more complete list is below, or delete the partial list, or just move up the complete list to the top?
Good point. This has been changed as follows:

Screen Shot 2021-03-31 at 3.57.02 PM.png

Back