Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

I see that you're loading a pre-saved BIOS Profile. Some questions:
  • Was the BIOS Profile saved with a different version of BIOS?
  • What happens if you do this?
    1. CMOS Reset
    2. Configure BIOS parameters individually without using a pre-saved profile
I've done it individually and still doesn't work (used the preset ones in the video to keep it from getting too long, sorry).

I've done it individually and still doesn't work (used the preset ones in the video to keep it from getting too long, sorry).
I would suggestion the following:
  1. Re-flash the BIOS. Then configure BIOS parameters individually and see if the same problem occurs.
  2. If the problem persists, try changing only 1 or 2 BIOS parameters at a time to see if you can identify which parameter causes the hang.
    • First test should be with Load Optimized Defaults and nothing else. We just want to see if OpenCore Picker will appear.

I would suggestion the following:
  1. Re-flash the BIOS. Then configure BIOS parameters individually and see if the same problem occurs.
  2. If the problem persists, try changing only 1 or 2 BIOS parameters at a time to see if you can identify which parameter causes the hang.
    • First test should be with Load Optimized Defaults and nothing else. We just want to see if OpenCore Picker will appear.
Just reflashed the BIOS (F9i) and same problem is occurring, I still see OpenCore Picker initially after a CMOS reset, but once I try to make any change to the BIOS needed for the Hackintosh to boot I no longer get the splash screen to come up and nor does it eventually move to OpenCore Picker.

Just reflashed the BIOS (F9i) and same problem is occurring, I still see OpenCore Picker initially after a CMOS reset, but once I try to make any change to the BIOS needed for the Hackintosh to boot I no longer get the splash screen to come up and nor does it eventually move to OpenCore Picker.
I managed to go 1 by 1 with the settings and it seems like the XMP to Profile 1 is what’s causing the splash screen to not appear. So I was able to set all the other settings according to what you lay out and then it moves into OpenCore Picker, however now when I click on any of my bootable Mac drives it just displays a white apple logo against a black screen (no loading bar underneith). Does this mean there’s an issue with my RAM?

Update: I re-did everything 1 by 1 with the settings and it looks like I forget to disable the CFG lock and everything was able to boot!! The only setting I left to the default vs your recommendations was the Extreme Memory Profile (XMP) and that seemed to solve the problem. Any idea what setting the to Profile 1 does? Is it needed or just a mild performance booster?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 46
Last edited:
Hello Mr CaseySJ, :)
So I installed a 2.0 Titan Ridge GC card on my Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming without flashing it, but with an adequate SSDT (I guess !!!)
My LG Ultrafine 5K (Apple 1st generation) monitor is well recognized and functional, but my Samsung X5 NVMe SSD external drive (recognized in NVMe express system info and gone up on the desktop), freezes after a few seconds. This happens whether it is alone plugged into one of the Thunderbolt ports or with the LG Ultrafine also plugged in ...

An idea ? :)
Thank you in advance !!

PS : This Samsung X5 NVMe SSD works fine on my Gigabyte Z390 Designare with non-flashed Thunderbolt firmware...

PS 2 : After many reboots, plug-unplug of the device, it seems to be more stable with, I think, good performances (write : 1800; read : 2500 with Blackmagic Disk Speed Test)... But, when I try to use it as boot drive, it starts macOs and all is OK (finder...) but only for few minutes, after that, it freezes...

PS 3 : Sorry, but it's to be precise : now everything is OK... I don't know why... Maybe because now I have in system info-->PCI : pci144d,a808 contrôleur NVMe Express, gestionnaire installé : oui, logement :Thunderbolt@131,0,0 but I don't remember if I had it before (pict 2), when it wasn't working :confused:
I however think that my system is not perfect (OpenCore config 0.6.7 or only the SSDT). But, as often said, when it works, it works !!

And finally: is it possible to integrate this configuration into the HackinDROM app ?

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2021-03-30 à 09.49.42.png
    Capture d’écran 2021-03-30 à 09.49.42.png
    429.4 KB · Views: 53
  • Capture d’écran 2021-03-30 à 14.15.18.png
    Capture d’écran 2021-03-30 à 14.15.18.png
    332.6 KB · Views: 70
  • Capture d’écran 2021-03-30 à 14.22.09.png
    Capture d’écran 2021-03-30 à 14.22.09.png
    371.9 KB · Views: 66
  • SSDT-Z390-RP05-SLOT4-TB3HP.aml
    6.2 KB · Views: 42
  • EFI.zip
    11.4 MB · Views: 68
Last edited:
Hi @zgonda,
My current hack is also a Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming/i9-9900K, and I bought the same Titan Ridge AIC weeks ago for experimental purposes. But I never found the time to install and configure it...
Could you please share your settings (SSDT, config, etc.)?
Thanks in advance ;)

Hi @zgonda,
My current hack is also a Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming/i9-9900K, and I bought the same Titan Ridge AIC weeks ago for experimental purposes. But I never found the time to install and configure it...
Could you please share your settings (SSDT, config, etc.)?
Thanks in advance ;)
You've my EFI folder in my previous post :)

Keeping the same serial number can help with software registration, possibly TM backups (or other backup software may use it), apple id logins for facetime/messages/icloud, so I would take the couple of seconds to copy/paste the values to the OC install.

It's probably faster to do a fresh install and copy over the home folder if you don't have a bunch of 3rd party software installed. The more software installed, the more it switches over to upgrading the existing install, as you don't have to track down serial numbers/install packages/etc...

When I was doing this, however, I did find it was easy to mess up upgrading and switching from Clover to OC, as IIRC, Clover copies some/all Extensions in the real extensions folders on disk, and those also have to be removed, as OC loads those extensions from the EFI folder without copying to the real extensions folders.

While I was building/testing my computer, I got it initially going on Mojave with Clover, but botched the job somehow switching to OC & upgrading that install to Catalina. Eventually, I just wiped it, and did a clean install of Catalina w OC, and that worked fine. And then later, once I was confident the computer was working fine, I copied over the Mojave install from my MacBookPro to the disk with OC, it booted fine, then upgraded it to Catalina (also fine), and finally to Big Sur 11.2, then 11.2.2,then 11.2.3), and it's been fine. I've got all kinds of software installed, and it's been working well for me.
Hello...I have the same parts with the exception of having a {I9-990K} and cannot install Catalina. I followed Casey instructions to the T. No Luck. Are you willing to share your EFI folder? I've been trying OC and Clover.Again no luck..

Hello...I have the same parts with the exception of having a {I9-990K} and cannot install Catalina. I followed Casey instructions to the T. No Luck. Are you willing to share your EFI folder? I've been trying OC and Clover.Again no luck..
These are the files I used (from this post):

with the F9i bios, modified so native nvram works.

Also, which version of Catalina are you trying to install? It worked with the latest version of Catalina downloaded from Apple for me.

This is one thing this thread could use, it's not easy to find the latest mini-guide, it stops around the OC 0.5.7 version.

Back