Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Ok, here is my 2 cents about the Hackintosh / Antelope Tb3 Issue. I tried to attach My Orion Studio Synergy Core to my 2018 Mac Mini, it showed up and worked flawlessly. Now I am able to see the device in my Hackintosh on the Antelope Launcher (as a remote controller for the mixer) even without daisy chaining it I was never able to see it in the launcher, so it seemed a step forward. It seems a tunneling over my Ethernet connection. I tried to disconnect the mini from my Lan and I connected the hackintosh to the Mini via Tb3 and I activated the sharing options. I am still able to see and control the Orion mixer BUT... the Thunderbolt audio driver doesn't show up in Cubase (opposed to the mini, in which it shows up and works without any problem). I was not able to tunnel the device through the mini in any way. I'm attaching the two Thunderbolt windows info for you to analyze.

Attachments

• Hackintosh Screen.png
    Hackintosh Screen.png
    889 KB · Views: 69
  • Mac Mini Screen.png
    Mac Mini Screen.png
    339.9 KB · Views: 62
Ok, here is my 2 cents about the Hackintosh / Antelope Tb3 Issue. I tried to attach My Orion Studio Synergy Core to my 2018 Mac Mini, it showed up and worked flawlessly. Now I am able to see the device in my Hackintosh on the Antelope Launcher (as a remote controller for the mixer) even without daisy chaining it I was never able to see it in the launcher, so it seemed a step forward. It seems a tunnelling over my ethernet connection. I tried to disconnect the mini from my Lan and I connected the hackintosh to the Mini via Tb3 and I activated the sharing options. I am still able to see and control the Orion mixer BUT... the Thunderbolt audio driver doesn't show up in Cubase (opposed to the mini, in which it shows up and works without any problem). I was not able to tunnel the device through the mini in any way. I'm atttaching the two Thunderbolt windows info for you to analyze.
I may have an update in a few days. An "update" does not mean "solution", but at least some additional information about the issue.

I may have an update in a few days. An "update" does not mean "solution", but at least some additional information about the issue.
Well, everything is welcome! And really thank you for your precious help, no matter how this will end.

Thanks Casey,

I'm gonna try the new TTridge.aml

• Was this device attached prior to booting? Yes its a Sabrent NVME Enclosure,it works after boot
  • Are you able to hot-plug this device? No not yet
  • Do you have any other Thunderbolt devices? Yes UAD Apollo Twin (Wich connects perfect but no Hot-Plug)
I will give Linus a try.

Thank you
@CaseySJ

The modified TTridge.aml didnt make any difference.

I give linux a try tommorrow

thanks.

Two questions:
  1. Which version of the firmware have you flashed? It might be good to try NVM33 from Designare Z390 on the GC-Titan Ridge.
  2. Have you checked whether these two devices connect when the original Thunderbolt firmware is installed? (I assume they didn't work, which is why you flashed the controller, but I'd like to ask anyway.)
Of course,
1. I've flashed "GC-ALPINE-RIDGE-NVM21-V3-NATA.bin". It was the one listed in the tutorial. (There was another 2, but I read that some issues were reported with V1 and V2, so I tried V3 (Its an GC-Alpine Ridge PCI-E card.)

2. With the original firmware I needed to start windows, put the devices and restart into macOS Big Sur. It worked but a low speed (800Mb/s). My goal is to make it work directly on Mac and at full speed (or closest to) without the need of enter Windows.

The first time I did the procedure without the SSDT the thunderdrive gave me speeds up to 1500 Mb/s (more or less), and, after the SSDT it went up to 2200 Mb/s, on the other hand, the Terramaster worked, but the Terramaster Qnap array didn't, until I flashed the card and put the SSDT, then it did work.

Thank you

Last edited:
Well I need help with Gigabyte BIOS version 9j. After updating the BIOS, my Big Sur machine is unable to boot. It's stuck at Apple logo. Please help me. What needs to be done with this?
Please see the URGENT note under the photo at the very top of Post 1.

That's much better. GC-Titan Ridge is on PC01.BR1A. Please try the attached SSDT in combination with SSDT-DTGP.aml.
  • Copy the attached SSDT to OC/ACPI folder.
  • Add a reference in config.plist --> ACPI section.
  • Check that a reference to SSDT-DTGP.aml still exists.
  • Disable any previous Thunderbolt SSDT.
  • Reboot.
  • Post a screenshot of PC01.BR1A section of IORegistryExplorer to confirm.
Thanks a lot. I will try it later and post my result.

@CaseySJ
Have you tried Screen Mirroring from Big Sur to Apple TV?

I’m using iMacPro1,1 with only AMD GPU (no iGPU in my CPU)
shikigva=128
I’ve the sound but not the video
It used to fully work in Catalina
Any idea what I can do?
I'll try that later today and update this post.
Got sidetracked by recurring problems with 11.3 Beta 4 (IONVMeFamily.kext) so I've rolled back to 11.3 Beta 3.
  • I can AirPlay videos to AppleTV connected to an LG OLED TV.
  • I can also screen-mirror to the LG via the same AppleTV (Family Room).
(From the Z490 Vision D using iMac19,1 and running 11.3 Beta 3.)
Screen Shot 2021-03-19 at 7.16.24 AM.png

IMG_3548-small.jpg

UPDATE: On my B550 Vision D (iMacPro1,1) screen mirroring does not work. I can see the 4-digit code on TV, after which the TV goes blank.

Last edited:
Back