Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Sadly, this didn't work for me :( Hackintool and OpenCoreConfigurator still see 0.6.7 despite doing the above and resetting NVRAM.

I think I'll just run as is until next month when 0.6.8 hits. Everything seems to be working fine.
OpenCore 0.6.7 is the current version. That's what you should see in Hackintool and OCC.

Hello Mr Casey !! :)

In one of your posts you say that removing AudioDxe.efi is likely to speed up the opening of the OpenCore boot menu ... I did it, but unfortunately, the boot stops at the BIOS splash without my being able to do anything ... it seems to want AudioDxe passionately ...

Hello Mr Casey !! :)

In one of your posts you say that removing AudioDxe.efi is likely to speed up the opening of the OpenCore boot menu ... I did it, but unfortunately, the boot stops at the BIOS splash without my being able to do anything ... it seems to want AudioDxe passionately ...
Please try unchecking AudioSupport as shown.
Screen Shot 2021-03-07 at 12.01.12 PM.png

Please try unchecking AudioSupport as shown.
Thank you very much MONSIEUR Casey, it works well !!!!
As always your answers are so appropriate that it is a real pleasure to ask you (with moderation, of course !!)

Is USB InjectAll 0.7.6 only for Catalina and Big Sur? I'm wondering if I need to toggle that kext on instead of 0.7.1 for Mojave. Nothing's broken, but I thought I'd ask.
BTW, @CaseySJ I tried using just the "stock" AMD setup and it really needs nothing more than the serials and id's inserted on the user end, so that's a great OC 0.6.7 EFI you've created. Thanks.

Is USB InjectAll 0.7.6 only for Catalina and Big Sur? I'm wondering if I need to toggle that kext on instead of 0.7.1 for Mojave. Nothing's broken, but I thought I'd ask.
USBInjectAll 0.7.6 will not work in Mojave because it was compiled with newer Xcode frameworks. For Mojave, USBInjectAll 0.7.1 is necessary. Summary:
  • USBInjectAll 0.7.6
    • Catalina and Big Sur
    • Supports iMac20,1 and iMac20,2
  • USBInjectAll 0.7.1
    • Mojave
    • Does not support iMac20,1 and iMac20,2, which is okay because these names are not compatible with Mojave anyway

BTW, @CaseySJ I tried using just the "stock" AMD setup and it really needs nothing more than the serials and id's inserted on the user end, so that's a great OC 0.6.7 EFI you've created. Thanks.
Are you using the B550 Vision D EFI file on a different AMD Ryzen system? If so, please note:
  • USB ports will need to be mapped properly
  • DeviceProperties will also need to be mapped properly
  • That EFI may only work on B550 systems

USBInjectAll 0.7.6 will not work in Mojave because it was compiled with newer Xcode frameworks. For Mojave, USBInjectAll 0.7.1 is necessary. Summary:
  • USBInjectAll 0.7.6
    • Catalina and Big Sur
    • Supports iMac20,1 and iMac20,2
  • USBInjectAll 0.7.1
    • Mojave
    • Does not support iMac20,1 and iMac20,2, which is okay because these names are not compatible with Mojave anyway

Are you using the B550 Vision D EFI file on a different AMD Ryzen system? If so, please note:
  • USB ports will need to be mapped properly
  • DeviceProperties will also need to be mapped properly
  • That EFI may only work on B550 systems
Thanks @CaseySJ , I'm still using the Z390 Designare, the i9 9900KS, the RX580, iMP 1,1, Mojave, and the Fractal Define C case.

Should I release HackinDROM.app for the 3000th page of this thread? :shifty: :shifty: :shifty:

@CaseySJ -- Odd issue, but after upgrading from .6.5 to .6.7 Adguard is no longer able to boot on my machine. Do you know why that could be? I checked the Get Info & Security and Privacy but everything looks correct, and the app was working on .6.5

I'm now getting 2 popups whenever I try to open:

1) Adguard quit unexpectedly
2) You do not have permission to open the application 'Adguard' (which is why I looked at the access via Get Info & Security and Privacy)

Back