Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Hello Casey
Could you unload/remove Gigabytes Ethernets and try again?
Doing a hot plug produces the same result. The same error messages get repeated.

Looking forward to your follow-up. Will you use iStatistica Pro on this monitor? I assume it will be able to render a good view on the 1920x480 panel.
I'll do some testing see how well it renders on a 1920x480 display before it actually arrives. Hopefully it will work out otherwise I may have to find another software package to provide the info cleanly.

I'll do some testing see how well it renders on a 1920x480 display before it actually arrives. Hopefully it will work out otherwise I may have to find another software package to provide the info cleanly.
Just purchased iStatistica Pro from the Mac App Store. It has a very polished interface and loads/runs considerably faster that iStat Menus.

From my AMD Ryzen system (B550 Vision D):
Screen Shot 2021-02-14 at 12.04.09 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-02-14 at 12.04.37 PM.png

Last edited:
@Snoots @CaseySJ
Hi guys did you still need my EFI, I'm so sorry for the late reply, I haven't been on in a few days due to a death in the family.
No Casey found my screwups and I am happily enjoying the solid build thanks for checking

Just purchased iStatistica Pro from the Mac App Store. It has a very polished interface and loads/runs considerably faster that iStat Menus.

From my AMD Ryzen system (B550 Vision D):
View attachment 509312View attachment 509313
@CaseySJ I quickly built a Catalina VM and forced/set the resolution to 1920x480 via the .VMX file. Here's what iStatistica Pro looks like fullscreen in landscape mode:
Stats LCD Test0.jpg

Now I really can't wait for the display to arrive. This is going to look awesome!

@CaseySJ I quickly built a Catalina VM and forced/set the resolution to 1920x480 via the .VMX file. Here's what iStatistica Pro looks like fullscreen in landscape mode:
View attachment 509324
Now I really can't wait for the display to arrive. This is going to look awesome!
Agreed. iStatistica does a great job of resizing itself.

Hello Casey and all,
First off, thank you for this guide and for your continued support on this forum. I was able to build a i9900K Hackintosh following your guide (under 10.15.3) back in late 2019. Runs great! Still on Clover (aint broke, why fix it!), on 10.15.7.
As much as I love my Hackintosh, the draw of using the latest GPUs for production (3D animation and VR creation) and gaming are pulling me to the windows side of my computer. I was able to pick up a Nvidia RTX 3090 FE for MSRP. With GPUs in high demand, I was thinking about selling my Sapphire rx 5700xt Nitro+ to offset the high price of the 3090.
With that in mind, does any one have success with installing an unsupported GPU in slot 1 for windows, yet use the Hackintosh in headless mode? I realize that I'd lose my GPU acceleration (how I wish Apple and Nvidia would make up and play nice!). I have access to a Vega 56 that I could use from my older Hack (i7 4790k machine) if needed, though I'd like to keep it in my older system.
I know there's info on disabling the GPU is slot 2, but what about slot 1? What changes do I have to make to my config.plist? Would I have to change my bios each time (video from gpu or integrated graphics) when switching to Windows/Mac?
Currently, I have my 5700xt in slot 1, will be replaced with the 3090. In slot 2 and 3, I have 1TB NVMe drives in PCIE adaptors (one for Mac, one for windows), and 2x 256MB NVMe drives in the motherboard NVMe slots (for system drives, one for Mac and Windows). I could replace/consolidate one of the 256 MB NVME drives to one of the 1TB drives if needed. I also have the Fenvi wifi/bluetooth in one of the PCI slots.
If anyone has insight or can direct me in the right direction, I'd greatly appreciate it.
Lastly, Happy Valentines day y'all!

Update: I think I figured out how to boot into my Hackintosh in headless mode/using the iGPU. I removed the GPU from the computer, made a copy of my config file, updated it to match the "config-internal-GPU.plist" from "Mini-Guide for Fresh Installation of Catalina 10.15.1 and Newer" files since those were the files I originally used (and am still on).
I was not able to use the HDMI port on the motherboard to display video on my Hackintosh (though it works in the BIOS), but using Thunderbolt to DP adaptors work fine in Hackintosh.
Now to install the 3090 and see what happens on the Hackintosh side. Will be looking into how to disable Slot 1 soon. Wish me luck!

Last edited:
Now to install the 3090 and see what happens on the Hackintosh side. Will be looking into how to disable Slot 1 soon. Wish me luck!

In the 1st post of this thread there is an SSDT to disable slot 1.

Hello Mister Casey !!
Do you have DGPU sensors (Radeon 5700 in particular) with iStatistica Pro ?

In the 1st post of this thread there is an SSDT to disable slot 1.
Thank you! I read the 1st post and saw the section about disabling the GPU in Slot2, but no mention of Slot1. Turns out the file to do so is available amongst all the files found at the end of the post!
Will be testing my Hackintosh with the SSDT and 3090 installed shortly!

Back