Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

The rest should be smooth sailing. OpenCore is a wonderful piece of work so let's hope you're able to establish confidence in it quickly.
Indeed. Upgrade done! Thx!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-02-10 at 5.34.15 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-02-10 at 5.34.15 PM.png
    107.3 KB · Views: 56
Hello @CaseySJ,
I have successfully installed Catalina using Opencore 0.6.6. However, I'm having an issue with my iMessage (and I think also FaceTime). And yes, I have updated my SMBIOS, using the HackinDROM. Just to add, looks like my AppleID/App Store is working fine. May I know if there's something else I can look to in order for this to solve?

Last edited:
Hello @CaseySJ,
I have successfully installed Catalina using Opencore 0.6.6. However, I'm having an issue with my iMessage (and I think also FaceTime). And yes, I have updated my SMBIOS, using the HackinDROM. Just to add, looks like my AppleID/App Store is working fine. May I know if there's something else I can look to in order for this to solve?
Some guidelines:
  • On Apple’s “Check Coverage” website enter your serial number and see if it is an Invalid Serial. We actually want to use an Invalid Serial, so if the website informs you in red letters that the number is invalid, then you are OKAY to use it.
  • Post a screenshot of “System Information —> Network”. We’re checking for “en0” although it should be present if App Store is working.
  • Because Messages and FaceTime store necessary “keys” in NVRAM, try resetting NVRAM from OpenCore Picker. Press space bar at the Picker to reveal the Reset NVRAM option.
  • Also sign out of iCloud. Reboot. Then sign back in.

@nasgier
And, you can use hackintool "look at system" to check whether the iMessage token are correct.
If there are some with only 0000000... than something is missing or wrong.
This makes it easier.

Make also sure, that u have generate a valid MLB/ROM in Platforminfo > DataHub in Opencore

Some guidelines:
  • On Apple’s “Check Coverage” website enter your serial number and see if it is an Invalid Serial. We actually want to use an Invalid Serial, so if the website informs you in red letters that the number is invalid, then you are OKAY to use it.
Check coverage after generating new Serial Number
APPLE COVERAGE.png

Me, too! Done! 11.2.1 Sound Thunderbolt 3 via uaudio OK. :)
Awesome! I am going to set-up an Apollo UAD device to my set-up, did you do the Thunderbolt flash to your system or does it work as is?

Hi @CaseySJ , today have received NVMe TB3 enclosure, tested with Samsung 970 EVO Plus. Attached you will find the speed test result.
For comparison I have tested the internal NVMe, also 970 EVO Plus. The speed is half or less..
The enclosure is this Sabrent

EDIT
Just to be clear I only want to know if this speed are OK, or there Is some problem. I have found on YouTube a similar config. The Speed seems coerent, more or less. What do you think?

Attachments

• TB3 NVME.png
    TB3 NVME.png
    248.1 KB · Views: 64
  • Internal NVME.png
    Internal NVME.png
    252.4 KB · Views: 62
  • Screenshot_20210211-184456.png
    Screenshot_20210211-184456.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 62
Last edited:
Hi @CaseySJ , today have received nvme tb3 enclosure, tested with Samsung 970 Evo Plus. Attached u find the speed test result.
For comparison I have tested the internal nvme, also 970 evo plus. The speed is half or less..
The enclosure is this Sabrent

EDIT
Just to be clear i only want to know if this Speed are ok or there Is some problem. I have found on YouTube a similar config, the Speed seems coerent, more or less. What do you think?
Yes the speeds appear to be correct. You are getting a Read speed of 1450 MB/s which is very close to the maximum rated speed of 1600 MB/s:

Screen Shot 2021-02-11 at 11.32.19 AM.png

Yes the speeds appear to be correct. You are getting a Read speed of 1450 MB/s which is very close to the maximum rated speed of 1600 MB/s:

View attachment 508860
Then the only issues remain the ThunderboltIP bridge speed.. next week I'll make other test with new cable and a MacBook Pro 2020. I'll update you when I have news. For now, thank you. I mentioned you in my repo. :D

Back