Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Has anyone run into the issue of booting Windows using F12 then when restarting it keeps adding more and more Windows entries into the BIOS boot selector?

Code:
Before:

UEFI OS (OpenCore)
Windows Boot Manager (Sabrent)

After:

UEFI OS (OpenCore)

After:

UEFI OS (OpenCore)

I have no idea how to fix this, and it's annoying as hell. I don't want to boot Windows through OpenCore because of the SMBios stuff. I don't want a BootCamp PC. I want it native.

What is the difference between "Antelope YES" and "Antelope NO"? Specifically:
  • Which Thunderbolt SSDT was used with "Antelope YES"?
  • Which Thunderbolt SSDT was used with "Antelope NO"?
The same Thunderbolt SSDT could not have been used with both because with "Antelope YES" there is a bogus device DSB3, which does not exist in "Antelope NO".

The other difference is that "Antelope YES" has an Antelope devices at DSB2 (which is normally the USB controller), but the SSDT is incorrectly mapping DSB2 to a Thunderbolt port. Nevertheless, DSB2 contains IOAudioEngineUserClient, which is missing in "Antelope NO".

That's why I would like to look at the two SSDTs:
  • The SSDT that was used with "Antelope YES"
  • The SSDT that was used with "Antelope NO"

@CaseySJ

• Antelope YES is resulting from my original MacBook Pro 2012 + Mojave + Orion Studio Synergy core, therefore there's no SSDT.

• Last Antelope NO I sent you is resulting from the hackintosh with High Sierra + Asus Prime X299 A-II + NO FLASHED Titan Ridge 2.0 + ZenTour (no synergy core).

• The previous Antelope NO instead was resulting from hackintosh with Catalina + FLASHED Tian Ridge 2.0. + ZenTour (no synergy core).
Actually I don't know, I may have made confusion myself attaching the wrong files in the last post,
in case SORRY FOR THAT!
To sum up everything I'm sending you all the files in different folders.
That should eventually clarify all.
Please let me know...
thx

Attachments

• ALL ANTELOPE TESTS.zip
    3.9 MB · Views: 42
That's a great build description/guide on Github!

Regarding USB-C data transfer speed:
  • What is the make/model of the USB 3 device you are connecting?
  • What read/write speeds are you seeing? Can you post a screenshot?
Hi @CaseySJ , for now I have only a SANDISK Ultra USB 3.0 for test, the results are similar using any computer port as you can see from the attached photos.
the problem I was referring to is related to the Thunderbolt between the hack and a NUC 10, the transfer speed is so slow, as I said abut 30mins for about 6gb, there is some test I can make to take the real speed? I'm also waiting for a NVME Thunderbolt enclosure to test the speed.

EDIT
When I connect the Thunderbolt between Hack and Nuc the speed change to 20Gb/s x2 instead of 40Gb/s x1. I I disconnect the cable the speed returns 40Gb/s x1

Attachments

• MoBo Connection.png
    MoBo Connection.png
    227.8 KB · Views: 41
  • Titan Ridge.png
    Titan Ridge.png
    227.5 KB · Views: 35
  • ASM 2142.png
    ASM 2142.png
    227.1 KB · Views: 44
  • Schermata 2021-02-09 alle 17.55.50.png
    Schermata 2021-02-09 alle 17.55.50.png
    54.2 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
@CaseySJ
I deleted the forgot attachment of this current message and updated the previous one... :)

Last edited:
At the OpenCore Picker press and release CMD-V to enable Verbose. Then select the macOS SSD. When the boot process hangs please take a photo and post it as follows:
  • Remove EXIF location information (there are several apps in App Store that do this)
    View attachment 508504
  • Then resize the photo to about 1280 pixels in either X or Y. We really want to avoid gigapixel photos of a computer screen!
@CaseySJ See attached photos in format request. I left at 800 pixels, since making bigger made pix blurry. There are two photos. IMG_1615 is using your EFI (0.6.5) OpenCore boot folder and the IMG_1615 is using the OC 0.6.6 EFI OC boot folder(I went through the instructions again) to test with another USB stick and different versions. Looking at the log output, seems the boot is failing at the AirPortFamily kext. I did make sure I made sure I removed all kext as outlined in your conversion note(Moving from Clover to OC)

Attachments

• IMG_1615.jpg
    IMG_1615.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_1616.jpg
    IMG_1616.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 42
It seems like its a graphics issue. I googled it and it seems to be affecting actual mac users. The posted remedy was to reset the SMC. Going to try going back to OC 6.5 next.
That is strange... In your case WindowServer has consumed too much CPU and GPU time. In my case, WindowServer does not even appear in the list. I'll check my other Hackintoshes shortly.

Screen Shot 2021-02-09 at 10.42.37 AM.png

Last edited:
Has anyone run into the issue of booting Windows using F12 then when restarting it keeps adding more and more Windows entries into the BIOS boot selector?

Code:
Before:

UEFI OS (OpenCore)

After:

UEFI OS (OpenCore)

After:

UEFI OS (OpenCore)

I have no idea how to fix this, and it's annoying as hell. I don't want to boot Windows through OpenCore because of the SMBios stuff. I don't want a BootCamp PC. I want it native.
  • Are you running OpenCore 0.6.6?
  • Does this problem occur with OpenCore 0.6.5?

Is nobody else having trouble with the SATA Hotplug fix? It's driving me crazy...
With apologies to @archalys... ;)

Not enough information. Remember always:
  • We cannot read your mind.
  • We don't see what you see because we are not there with you.
  • We don't know what type of equipment you're using.
  • We don't know which operating system you're running.
  • We don't know which version of OpenCore or Clover you're using.
  • We don't know whether this was a problem in the past.
  • We don't know what changed between the time SATA hot plug worked and now.
Like I said, not enough information.

Hi @CaseySJ , for now I have only a SANDISK Ultra USB 3.0 for test, the results are similar using any computer port as you can see from the attached photos.
the problem I was referring to is related to the Thunderbolt between the hack and a NUC 10, the transfer speed is so slow, as I said abut 30mins for about 6gb, there is some test I can make to take the real speed? I'm also waiting for a NVME Thunderbolt enclosure to test the speed.
The SANDISK Ultra USB 3.0 flash disk has a maximum transfer speed of 130 MB/s. This does not mean that both Read and Write will be 130 MB/s. On USB flash disks, Read speed is much faster than Write speed. Your screenshot shows over 150 MB/s read speed. So I don't see anything wrong.
Screen Shot 2021-02-09 at 10.52.23 AM.png

EDIT
When I connect the Thunderbolt between Hack and Nuc the speed change to 20Gb/s x2 instead of 40Gb/s x1. I I disconnect the cable the speed returns 40Gb/s x1
This is normal if the NUC uses a Thunderbolt 2 controller or if the Thunderbolt cable you are using is only rated for 20 Gbps.

Back