Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Not yet.
I have win10 SSD but it is not yet plugged in.
I used to dual boot when I was running Clover and Mojave but since I moved to OC, I haven't plugged it back.
Do you have any advice ? And do you need feedback after the installation ?
In previous versions the presence of Windows and/or Linux EFI partitions crashed the app
I made big changes in the code I would like to test it for these OS
But I don't have Windows or Linux with EFI partitions
Could you plug back Windows partition and test the app again please?

Some questions:
  • Which version of macOS are you running?
  • Which version of BIOS is installed?
  • What exactly happens when CSM Support is enabled? "I cannot boot with it on" is, unfortunately, not descriptive enough!
Sorry about that! I am on macOS 11.2, OpenCore 6.6.0, BIOS firmware F9i (also occurs on F9g). What happens at boot without verbose mode enabled is that it hangs on the Apple logo. Turning on verbose mode shows me the output I provided, but I'm not getting anywhere trying to decipher it through searching different terms.

Sorry about that! I am on macOS 11.2, OpenCore 6.6.0, BIOS firmware F9i (also occurs on F9g). What happens at boot without verbose mode enabled is that it hangs on the Apple logo. Turning on verbose mode shows me the output I provided, but I'm not getting anywhere trying to decipher it through searching different terms.
Is CFG-Lock disabled in BOOT section of BIOS Setup? In F9i we must disable it ourselves.

Is CFG-Lock disabled in BOOT section of BIOS Setup? In F9i we must disable it ourselves.
That's correct. All the BIOS parameters are also set according to your instructions in the mini-guides.

That's correct. All the BIOS parameters are also set according to your instructions in the mini-guides.
Unfortunately I cannot think of anything else. If both monitors are relatively recent models with native support for DisplayPort (i.e. you are using straight DP-to-DP video cables) then they should work after waking from sleep. However, also try resetting both monitors to their factory default settings via the monitor's on-board menu. If the monitor gives you a choice between DP 1.1 and DP 1.2, try DP 1.1 first.

Unfortunately I cannot think of anything else. If both monitors are relatively recent models with native support for DisplayPort (i.e. you are using straight DP-to-DP video cables) then they should work after waking from sleep. However, also try resetting both monitors to their factory default settings via the monitor's on-board menu. If the monitor gives you a choice between DP 1.1 and DP 1.2, try DP 1.1 first.
Thank you for the advice, I'll try that!

In previous versions the presence of Windows and/or Linux EFI partitions crashed the app
I made big changes in the code I would like to test it for these OS
But I don't have Windows or Linux with EFI partitions
Could you plug back Windows partition and test the app again please?
I am afraid WIN10 will screw things up for me.
I only use this SSD with everything else unplugged.
I'll wait to transfer to the M2M slot before letting everything plugged in.
So I supposed this is not interesting for you.
Sorry about that.

I am afraid WIN10 will screw things up for me.
I only use this SSD with everything else unplugged.
I'll wait to transfer to the M2M slot before letting everything plugged in.
So I supposed this is not interesting for you.
Sorry about that.
No worry
we have members with dual boot on their main system, ill wait their tests
thank you!

Thank you for the advice, I'll try that!
So what ended up working to boot properly with CSM support enabled was Setting XHCI Handoff → Enabled. I thought for sure I had done this, but triple-checking revealed I had not. I have no idea why (is it obvious from the logs?), but worth leaving here in case others search for it in the future. This might not have any effect on my monitor sleep issue, but it at least satiates my curiosity as to why enabled CSM support was preventing startup for just me.

Does the OpenCore hack tool work with extreme mb, or just Casey design air to update config file

Back