Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Hello @CaseySJ

I upgraded to F9j, could some mouse freezes be related to this new firmware?

Another question the OC 0.66 did you provide?

Thank you
At this time we should avoid F9j and instead use F9i, which can be downloaded from the link in Quick Reference spoiler as shown. As for OpenCore 0.6.6 please also see Quick Reference spoiler.

Screen Shot 2021-02-04 at 8.08.37 AM.png

This has just been added to the Repository. Testing needed...

@CaseySJ I've been doing some testing on this .aml (attached) , and I think I found a few things, but I'm not 100% of what I'm doing.

• DTGP external method being called. Is this supposed to be "PG" or "GP" ? Is this related KGP's SSDT-DTPG.aml (attached)?
  • DSB3 device is missing (image 4)
  • DSB1 Device missing _DSM method (image 4)
  • DSB4 not "PCIHotplugCapable," like all the others. Has "PCI-Thunderbolt" instead?
  • Is it possible to reduce the code down to two devices: DSB0 to handle TB (via NHI), and DSB1 to handle USB (via XHC2), or am I totally off-track?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-02-04 at 11.01.48 AM_ANNOTATED-01.png
    Screen Shot 2021-02-04 at 11.01.48 AM_ANNOTATED-01.png
    374.8 KB · Views: 34
  • SSDT-TbtOnPCH-Designare-X299-EX.aml
    4.9 KB · Views: 41
  • SSDT-DTPG.aml
    100 bytes · Views: 49
  • Screen Shot 2021-02-04 at 10.49.40 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-02-04 at 10.49.40 AM.png
    20.8 KB · Views: 34
@CaseySJ I've been doing some testing on this .aml (attached) , and I think I found a few things, but I'm not 100% of what I'm doing.

• DTGP external method being called. Is this supposed to be "PG" or "GP" ? Is this related KGP's SSDT-DTPG.aml (attached)?
  • DSB3 device is missing (image 4)
  • DSB1 Device missing _DSM method (image 4)
  • DSB4 not "PCIHotplugCapable," like all the others. Has "PCI-Thunderbolt" instead?
  • Is it possible to reduce the code down to two devices: DSB0 to handle TB (via NHI), and DSB1 to handle USB (via XHC2), or am I totally off-track?
To answer your questions:
  • There is an inconsistency between the file name and the method name, but that is fine. It's just a typo probably made by KGP that has stuck ever since. It's completely benign and can be ignored.
    • File name: SSDT-DTGP.aml
    • Method name: DTPG
  • DSB0 (DownStream Bridge 0) is where the Thunderbolt Native Host Interface (NHI) attaches.
  • DSB1 (DownStream Bridge 1) is where Thunderbolt devices connect when you plug them in to Port 1.
  • DSB2 (DownStream Bridge 2) is where the Thunderbolt USB Controller (XHC) attaches to manage USB devices connected to Ports 1 and 2.
  • DSB4 (DownStream Bridge 4) is where Thunderbolt devices connect when you plug them into Port 2.
    • There is no DSB3.
  • It's okay for DSB1 to omit _DSM method.
  • PCI-Thunderbolt property is technically needed by UPSB only (UpStream Bridge).
  • PCIHotplugCapable property is technically needed by DSB0 only.

Let's try OpenCore 0.6.5 first (click here for ZIP) because of some teething issues being reported with 0.6.6. Simply copy your serial numbers into the 0.6.5 config.plist (choose config-AMD-GPU.plist).

If OpenCore Picker still fails to appear, please let me know.
Ok, thanks. Quick question to make sure I followed the config.plist process correctly. I used the hackingDROM portal to convert my Clover config.plist file to a new OC plist file. (I had to mount my EFI, choose config.plist file, selected the system information, then moved the new file to the USB). I kept the file name to config.plist. You mentioned above to had the Serial Numbers to config-AMD-GPU.plist. Should I have called by new file converted by hackingDROM to config.plist or config-AMD-GPU.plist? Does it matter?

Ok, thanks. Quick question to make sure I followed the config.plist process correctly. I used the hackingDROM portal to convert my Clover config.plist file to a new OC plist file. (I had to mount my EFI, choose config.plist file, selected the system information, then moved the new file to the USB). I kept the file name to config.plist. You mentioned above to had the Serial Numbers to config-AMD-GPU.plist. Should I have called by new file converted by hackingDROM to config.plist or config-AMD-GPU.plist? Does it matter?
You did it correctly. Namely:
  • Open HackinDROM website, select Copy Config, and choose your Clover config.plist.
  • From the drop-down menu, choose Z390 Designare OC 065 AMD GPU - Casey SJ.
  • Click the COPY button followed by the disk icon.
  • A new config.plist will be downloaded.
  • Copy this file to the OpenCore 0.6.5 OC folder. The name must remain the same: config.plist

Anyone have trouble installing

XFX RX 5700 Xt Thicc III Ultra 8GB​

I was trying to upgrade but now the screen wont boot. Any work around this?

Anyone have trouble installing

XFX RX 5700 Xt Thicc III Ultra 8GB​

I was trying to upgrade but now the screen wont boot. Any work around this?
In boot-args please check if you have agdpmod=pikera

You did it correctly. Namely:
  • Open HackinDROM website, select Copy Config, and choose your Clover config.plist.
  • From the drop-down menu, choose Z390 Designare OC 065 AMD GPU - Casey SJ.
  • Click the COPY button followed by the disk icon.
  • A new config.plist will be downloaded.
  • Copy this file to the OpenCore 0.6.5 OC folder. The name must remain the same: config.plist
@CaseySJ Have the same results with OC 0.6.5. Let me know if you need something specific from me.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-02-04 at 10.53.30 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-02-04 at 10.53.30 AM.png
    339.7 KB · Views: 41
  • Img.png
    Img.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 60
@CaseySJ Have the same results with OC 0.6.5. Let me know if you need something specific from me.
Puzzling...
  • Which version of BIOS are you running? F9g, F9i, F9j?
  • What is the make/model of your USB flash drive?
  • Which USB port is it connected to?
  • Other than macOS, which other operating systems are installed?
  • Have you tried CMOS Reset (which requires configuring BIOS parameters again, starting with F7 to Load Optimized Defaults)?

Puzzling...
  • Which version of BIOS are you running? F9g, F9i, F9j?
  • What is the make/model of your USB flash drive?
  • Which USB port is it connected to?
  • Other than macOS, which other operating systems are installed?
  • Have you tried CMOS Reset (which requires configuring BIOS parameters again, starting with F7 to Load Optimized Defaults)?
Using BIOS F9g
Using a MicroCenter USB 3.1 32GB stick
Using Blue USB 3.0 Port
No other OS's installed
No on the CMOS reset.

I was going to try another USB still and different port next.

Back