Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

I just did the update to 11.2 which went flewless.

But still no luck. The same problem: one-two minutes after mediaanalysisd kicks in, it freezes. This dirves me crazy. :D
Offhand I don’t recall the remedy we used for this in the past, but please try changing SMBIOS name to iMacPro1,1 as mentioned by @Inqnuam. No need to change serial numbers. Just change the name temporarily to see what happens.

Has anyone tried this command ? IDK but it may be the same for mediaanalysisid too.

Code:
sudo launchctl remove com.apple.photoanalysisd

To reenable it:

Code:
sudo launchctl load com.apple.photoanalysisd

Has anyone tried this command ? IDK but it may be the same for mediaanalysisid too.

Code:
sudo launchctl remove com.apple.photoanalysisd

To reenable it:

Code:
sudo launchctl load com.apple.photoanalysisd
I wonder if deleting the photo library file and rebuilding it might solve the underlying problem? (Volunteers should of course fully back up their system before doing this.)

Any news about: URGENT: Please avoid Clover 5123 and newer for the time being.
I would like to stop supporting Clover and encourage everyone to switch to OpenCore. Otherwise there are too many permutations, which makes it quite difficult to support everyone.

Hello @yoghibear,

If you are running High Sierra on a Hackintosh then Antelope devices should work. But those devices simply won't work with Mojave, Catalina, or Big Sur via Thunderbolt.
Hello @CaseySJ
we eventualy gave a try with High Sierra, but it didn't work out. :banghead:
The hackintosh's behaviour remains exactly the same.
Probably my friend (the real hardworker :rolleyes:) will join the this thread to go deeper into details, in case you feel interested in solving Antelope's compatibility... however, thank you for the suggestion (!)...
it seems such a complex matter.

P.S.:
I hope I'm not redundant if, just for convenience, I publish again the files. :)

Hello @CaseySJ
we eventualy gave a try with High Sierra, but it didn't work out. :banghead:
The hackintosh's behaviour remains exactly the same.
Probably my friend (the real hardworker :rolleyes:) will join the this thread to go deeper into details, in case you feel interested in solving Antelope's compatibility... however, thank you for the suggestion (!)...
it seems such a complex matter.

P.S.:
I hope I'm not redundant if, just for convenience, I publish again the files. :)
I would be glad to help you troubleshoot this on High Sierra. Some basics:
  • Which motherboard is your friend using?
  • Which version of High Sierra is installed on that system?
  • What is the exact model name of the Antelope Audio device?
  • If the motherboard does not have a Thunderbolt controller built in, then which Thunderbolt add-in-card is being used?
  • Has the Thunderbolt controller been flashed? (Hopefully not...)
  • With the Antelope Audio device connected and powered on, please have your friend run IORegistryExplorer then select File --> Save As..., and post the IOReg file.

Hello @CaseySJ

I upgraded to F9j, could some mouse freezes be related to this new firmware?

Another question the OC 0.66 did you provide?

Thank you

Please list the make and model of each NVMe and SATA SSD in your system.

If you have Samsung EVO drives it may be necessary to use OpenCore 0.6.5 for the time being.
Hi @CaseySJ I am indeed using Samsung SSD 970 EVO 1TB

Hi @CaseySJ I am indeed using Samsung SSD 970 EVO 1TB
Let's try OpenCore 0.6.5 first (click here for ZIP) because of some teething issues being reported with 0.6.6. Simply copy your serial numbers into the 0.6.5 config.plist (choose config-AMD-GPU.plist).

If OpenCore Picker still fails to appear, please let me know.

Back