Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Hi @CaseySJ, thanks for the alternative command. I was able to get to the point of validating all kext were removed, creating a USB, and using HackingDROM to create a new config.plist from my Clover EFI. However, I cannot boot from the USB. I believe everything is set-up right, but when I select the USB, I just get the splash screen and the boot menu comes right back. Not sure what I am missing. I tried creating my USB stick install again and got the same results.
Please list the make and model of each NVMe and SATA SSD in your system.

If you have Samsung EVO drives it may be necessary to use OpenCore 0.6.5 for the time being.

Hi @CaseySJ, thanks for the alternative command. I was able to get to the point of validating all kext were removed, creating a USB, and using HackingDROM to create a new config.plist from my Clover EFI. However, I cannot boot from the USB. I believe everything is set-up right, but when I select the USB, I just get the splash screen and the boot menu comes right back. Not sure what I am missing. I tried creating my USB stick install again and got the same results.
This happened to me when I was first experimenting with OC. It turns out that the boot was pointed not to the correct boot drive, but to an EFI folder that either was empty or didn't have the right contents. So OC just went back to the boot screen. When you boot, hit F12 and select the correct drive. If it works, go into BIOS and set the correct boot order.

The culprit appears to be Photos app (background image analysis). Surprised that it’s happening in 11.1, but we found another Photos problem in 11.1 that was fixed in 11.2.

First try upgrading to 11.2. If problem persists we can provide next steps.
Thank you to both of you. I think I narrowed it down to mediaanalysisd process. It kiks in after about 5 minutes. When I move the mouse, it disappears again. Right after mediaanalysisd starts doing its thing a minute or so after it crashes.

I will try to upgarde to 11.2 and come back to you

Thank you to both of you. I think I narrowed it down to mediaanalysisd process. It kiks in after about 5 minutes. When I move the mouse, it disappears again. Right after mediaanalysisd starts doing its thing a minute or so after it crashes.

I will try to upgarde to 11.2 and come back to you
Just for info:
My MacBookPro took more 7 days, h24 per day to finish Photo analyzes

My Hackintosh never finished spotlight indexation with Big Sur 11.0
No problem noticed with 11.2

Hi everyone,
Did anybody update the Motherboard BIOS to F9i version ? I'm on the F9b right now.
thanks !
Probably 90% of active users of this forum updated to F9g / F9i

Hi everyone,
Did anybody update the Motherboard BIOS to F9i version ? I'm on the F9b right now.
thanks !
F9i is fine, but F9j should be avoided. If you look inside the Quick Reference spoiler you will find a download link for F9i.

Screen Shot 2021-02-04 at 13.10.26.png

I don't know what I did with my system and when, but no WiFi anymore (=no AirDrop and its annoying because I use WiFi only for that).

(I'm working hardly on the HackinDROM app and results are good!)

The culprit appears to be Photos app (background image analysis). Surprised that it’s happening in 11.1, but we found another Photos problem in 11.1 that was fixed in 11.2.

First try upgrading to 11.2. If problem persists we can provide next steps.

Just for info:
My MacBookPro took more 7 days, h24 per day to finish Photo analyzes

My Hackintosh never finished spotlight indexation with Big Sur 11.0
No problem noticed with 11.2

I just did the update to 11.2 which went flewless.

But still no luck. The same problem: one-two minutes after mediaanalysisd kicks in, it freezes. This dirves me crazy. :D

View attachment 507756

I don't know what I did with my system and when but no WiFi anymore (=no AirDrop and its annoying because I use WiFi only for that).

(I'm working hardly on the HackinDROM app and results are good!)
Please try a cold boot first. If that does not solve the problem, then CMOS Reset!

The same problem: one-two minutes after mediaanalysisd kicks in, it freezes.
There was a long thread about this some time ago - See Post #408 for a possible workaround.

Back