Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Some questions:
  • Does the boot problem occur occasionally or always?
  • Do you have any Hackintosh kexts installed in /Library/Extensions?
    • If unsure, simply post a screenshot of that folder.
  • Are you on BIOS F9i now?
  • If so, is CFG-Lock disabled in BIOS Setup?
  • What other PCIe or Thunderbolt devices are connected to the system (excluding GPU and WiFi/BT card)?
    • Any 10Gbit Ethernet cards or adapters?
    • Any Thunderbolt audio interfaces?
    • Any Thunderbolt docks?
    • Any SATA or RAID PCIe cards?
Happens always when I try to boot from the SSD. I am able to boot into the system off of my USB setup thumb drive.

see photo for Extensions.

bios is 9i and CFG-Lock is disabled.

I have a OWC Thunderbolt 3 dock

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 68
Happens always when I try to boot from the SSD. I am able to boot into the system off of my USB setup thumb drive.

see photo for Extensions.

bios is 9i and CFG-Lock is disabled.

I have a OWC Thunderbolt 3 dock
  • Does the SSD contain exactly the same EFI folder as the USB thumb drive?
  • Are there any other SSDs or HDDs in the system?
    • If so, do any of them also contain EFI partitions?
    • If so, do any of those EFI partitions contain an EFI folder?
  • Have you considered moving to OpenCore?
    • If so, we will need to delete the 4 Hackintosh kexts highlighted in the image.
    • But before deleting them, please see the mini-guide for replacing Clover with OpenCore.
image.jpg

I believe the USB should have the exact same unless the latest version of Clover changed something.

I have a second SSD for Windows, 1 HDD for Mac files, 1 HDD for Windows files, 1 HDD for media collection, and 1 SSD I use as a shared drive to share files between the two operating systems. They do all seem to have EFi as I am able to mount each drive in the Clover configurator.

Not sure what OpenCore is, only really have experience in Clover. But if you're recommending a switch, I'll try it. I Just want a working/stable build that I can update without crashing the whole system every time lol.

Attachments

• HackinDROM EFI (v1.0.4).zip
    223.5 KB · Views: 60
@CaseySJ @jjsenecal & others
Please guys give a try
View attachment 507514

HackinDROM EFI 1.0.4
Looks good! Very intuitive. Love that it doesn't close the window down like EFI Agent does, and I immediately figured out that double clicking on the name will open it in Finder. I get the 'spinning ball of death' for a few seconds when first clicking on the icon. Besides that, making it more compact would make it faster to use, and also reducing the animation time. Great work! What got you into developing this?

So that list was from back in the CLOVER days and before the Thunderbolt controller flashing was a recommended config.
Yes that is correct and I am currently using those files and have been since moving over to OC. No issues with them at all. Although I have not flashed Thunderbolt so am uncertain if you need anything different for that

Could you please upload Bios F9i to the forum for those who flashed F9j and want to go to back to F9i?
F9g is still available but its a Beta version, would be nice to have an official release here!

Just found on my iCloud.
Z390 Designare Bios F9i
Are there any benefits to using F9i over F9g? In principle I would guess there must be improvements, but it sure is nice not having to worry about CFG-Lock on F9g. Likewise, should F9j be used if we don't need USB 3.X on thunderbolt?

Back