Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Yes to both.
Please look through the highlighted post as well:

Screen Shot 2021-01-27 at 11.33.06 AM.png

Some things to check:
  • Please double check all BIOS parameters.
    • XHCI Handoff must be Enabled.
    • Thunderbolt parameters must be set correctly, including GPIO3 Force Pwr, which must be Enabled.
If problem persists please run IORegistryExplorer and select File --> Save As..., then post that file.
Checked setings. File posted.

thanks

Attachments

• Ron’s iMac.ioreg
    10.5 MB · Views: 52
Checked setings. File posted.

thanks
The two USB-C (USB 3.x) ports are missing from IOReg. Please perform a CMOS Reset by shorting the two designated pins on motherboard with a flathead screwdriver (as explained in user manual). BIOS parameters must then be configured again starting always with F7 (Load Optimized Defaults). Then let's take another look at IOReg.

Screen Shot 2021-01-27 at 12.09.20 PM.png

The two USB-C (USB 3.x) ports are missing from IOReg. Please perform a CMOS Reset by shorting the two designated pins on motherboard with a flathead screwdriver (as explained in user manual). BIOS parameters must then be configured again starting always with F7 (Load Optimized Defaults). Then let's take another look at IOReg.

View attachment 506486
Re-set CMOS. RE-set BIOS

Attachments

• Ron’s iMac 2.ioreg
    10.6 MB · Views: 55
Re-set CMOS. RE-set BIOS
SSP1 and SSP2 are still missing.
  • Which version of macOS are you running?
  • Please compress and post the OC/ACPI folder from your EFI partition.
  • Have you tried going back to F9i or F9g? If not, let's wait a little before doing that.

Please look through the highlighted post as well:

View attachment 506480
Thanks for the assist. I thought I was taking that guide out of the picture by using a new SSD and removing the prior SSD from the system. I don't have anything to transition that way, and there is nothing legacy to get in the way.

At least, that was my plan -- I wanted a clean install, not an upgrade. I'm using a fresh config.plist created from hackindrom, using new SMBIOS parameters, so I have what *I think* should look like a brand new system to the installer.

Now that I have verbose working, here's a cap of the screen on freeze. This is just trying to boot to the Big Sur installer usb drive. There looks to be a few things going on, but I don't know if any of it is really relevant to a boot freeze.

Attachments

• IMG_7233.jpg
    IMG_7233.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 58
Thanks for the assist. I thought I was taking that guide out of the picture by using a new SSD and removing the prior SSD from the system. I don't have anything to transition that way, and there is nothing legacy to get in the way.

At least, that was my plan -- I wanted a clean install, not an upgrade. I'm using a fresh config.plist created from hackindrom, using new SMBIOS parameters, so I have what *I think* should look like a brand new system to the installer.

Now that I have verbose working, here's a cap of the screen on freeze. This is just trying to boot to the Big Sur installer usb drive. There looks to be a few things going on, but I don't know if any of it is really relevant to a boot freeze.
Although there are some ACPI errors in the screenshot, they are due to an oversight in Gigabyte's firmware and benign. At what point does the boot process stop? Does it stop right where your screenshot was taken?

Also please try this:
  • Open config-AMD-GPU.plist in OpenCore Configurator.
  • Generate new serial numbers by clicking the pop-up menu and selecting iMac19,1 as shown:
Screen Shot 2021-01-27 at 2.56.02 PM.png

• Save the file as config.plist and use this one instead of the previous one. You can also add -v to "boot-args" in the NVRAM section to enable verbose mode.
  • Try starting the macOS Big Sur installer again.

SSP1 and SSP2 are still missing.
  • Which version of macOS are you running?
  • Please compress and post the OC/ACPI folder from your EFI partition.
  • Have you tried going back to F9i or F9g? If not, let's wait a little before doing that.
Big Sur 11.1
Have not tried going back on BIOS

used this:

Press F2 to toggle to Advanced Mode.
Press F7 to Load Optimized Defaults.
Disable cfg lock
Now make the following settings:
Tweaker
Advanced CPU Settings → VT-d → Disabled
Extreme Memory Profile (X.M.P.) → Profile 1
Settings
Internal Graphics → Enabled
Above 4G Decoding → Enabled
Thunderbolt(TM) Configuration
Security Level → No Security
This will trigger a 'Save & Exit' dialog so press ESC to close the dialog.
Discrete Thunderbolt(TM) Configuration
Thunderbolt USB Support → Enabled
GPIO3 Force Pwr → Enabled
USB Configuration
XHCI Handoff → Enabled
Boot
Windows 8/10
CSM Support → Disabled
Some devices such as GPUs may require CSM Support to be enabled. There is no harm in setting this to either Enabled or Disabled. Use the setting that works best.
Save & Exit → Save Profiles → Save to Profile 1
This preserves the firmware settings for easy recall

Attachments

• ACPI.zip
    16.6 KB · Views: 72
Big Sur 11.1
Have not tried going back on BIOS

used this:

First, please check if Resizable BAR (Base Address Register) is Disabled in BIOS F9j.

There are two Thunderbolt SSDTs in the OpenCore 0.6.5 ACPI folder. By default we have enabled SSDT-TB3-HackinDROM.aml and disabled the old one, SSDT-Z390-DESIGNARE-TB3HP-V4.aml.
  • Is your config.plist configured like this?
Screen Shot 2021-01-27 at 4.16.57 PM.png

• If so, try disabling the new one (SSDT-TB3-HackinDROM.aml) and enable the old one.
  • Reboot and see if SSP1 and SSP2 appear under RP05 as was shown in my earlier reply.
If you still don't see SSP1 and SSP2, it may be necessary to install BIOS F9i to see if this is a BIOS-related problem. The earlier BIOS F9g is located here:

resizable BAR is disabled
My config.plist was configured as you pictured and I changed it as you suggested
IOReg:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-01-27 at 7.53.20 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-01-27 at 7.53.20 PM.png
    322.6 KB · Views: 68
Back