Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Hi guys,
can anyone test AirPlay (Video and Audio) from Big Sur to Apple TV please?
I have only the audio on the Apple TV with the Hackintosh

Some general suggestions (based on UAD audio interfaces):
  • Install latest Presonus drivers for macOS.
  • Install latest firmware on the Presonus itself.
  • Perform a "hardware reset" on the Presonus if such an option exists.
  • In BIOS Setup, change Thunderbolt Boot Support to Boot Once.
  • Try connecting the Presonus prior to boot. Also try hot plug.
  • With the Presonus connected, run IORegistryExplorer and post the IOReg file (File --> Save As...). This allows us to see just how much or how little of the Presonus device tree is seen by macOS.
Okay I double checked and tried everything you said and heres that file.

Attachments

• GoldToneStudioMac’s iMac.ioreg
    11.9 MB · Views: 30
Okay I double checked and tried everything you said and heres that file.
Some questions and observations:
  • Which build guide did you use for setting up the Designare Z390?
  • It seems there is no Thunderbolt hot plug SSDT in your OpenCore ACPI folder.
  • A Thunderbolt device is connected to Port #2. What device is connected to this port?
  • A Firewire controller is also connected as a sub-device.
Please post a screenshot of the OC/ACPI folder from the EFI partition.
Screen Shot 2021-01-22 at 1.45.23 PM.png

I cannot answer questions like this that are devoid of description.
My problem is that my Logitech MX keys disconnects and reconnects losing the signal with the Logitech stick. On the other hand, if I connect in Bluetooth, everything works very well with the PCI express card. So I decided to use it like that.

Hello @GoldToneStudio,

The Presonus Quantum audio interface should work with the built-in Thunderbolt 3 ports on the Designare Z390. There is no need to flash the firmware. Have you tried connecting your 4848 to one of those ports?

Here's a post by an owner of the Quantum 2626 connected via TB3-to-TB2 adapter:
Running a 2626 flawlessly on mine. Mojave, no TB3 to TB2 adapter needed.***Edit: sorry, just saw that the 4848 is TB2 but the 2626 is TB3, weird!
Followed Casey’s guide to setup BIOS and configuring Clover.

Did you installed Focusrite UC drivers?

Like Casey said, no need to flash TB firmware, you just need the correct SSDT’s.

Last edited:
New BIOS 9j is out. Gigabyte mention changes for graphic cards. Any impications for Hackintosh?

New bios 9j is out. Gigabyte mention changes for graphic cards. Any impications for Hackintosh?
Installed it and no problem
CFG-Lock is still enabled by default

My problem is that my Logitech MX keys disconnects and reconnects losing the signal with the Logitech stick. On the other hand, if I connect in Bluetooth, everything works very well with the PCI express card. So I decided to use it like that.
I've run into this when there is a USB storage key or other transmitting type USB next to the Logitech receiver. I simply moved the Logitech receiver to the USB 3.0 port on the front of my case and now my MX Keys and mouse work flawlessly. Pairing via Bluetooth is also a viable option.

New bios 9j is out. Gigabyte mention changes for graphic cards. Any impications for Hackintosh?
I updated to 9j this morning, disabled CFG-Lock and everything is good. WARNING: DO NOT enable Re-Size BAR Support under Settings->IO Ports or your hackintosh will hang during boot. Its disabled by default with Load Optimized Defaults.

Some questions and observations:
  • Which build guide did you use for setting up the Designare Z390?
  • It seems there is no Thunderbolt hot plug SSDT in your OpenCore ACPI folder.
  • A Thunderbolt device is connected to Port #2. What device is connected to this port?
  • A Firewire controller is also connected as a sub-device.
Please post a screenshot of the OC/ACPI folder from the EFI partition.
View attachment 505871
I started by learning how do a Hackintosh by watching Youtube, then I used OC GEN X to build a EFI folder and I used the opencore guide on GitHub dortania to compile and check my list, then I used sanity checker. Then when everything but the Thunderbolt worked, I dug deeper and found this site.
But there is so much info here I got confused.
The very last thing I did was used Hackindrom to change my config.plist hoping that would add Thunderbolt SSDT's that I though I was missing.
Sorry, hope that didn't mess things up too much.
The only device's connected to the Thunderbolt port on the z390 are,
Apple Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 adapter into the Quantum, then the other port on the Quantum is a Thunderbolt 2 to Firewire 800 cable into a Firewire 800 to 400 adapter into the Midas F-32 Firewire interface

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-01-22 at 5.34.02 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-01-22 at 5.34.02 PM.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 43
Back